Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are the Wraith going to start fighting eacher(spoilers for the gift)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are the Wraith going to start fighting eacher(spoilers for the gift)

i was just thinkng after seeing the gift when teyla said that the Wraith are all wakeing and there not enough food. so could the wraith be fighting over food it would explane why there are only wraith 3 ships headed for altantis. the wraith don't won't to shear there food with the others.

its just a thought and i have not see the last two eps of atlantis yet

I hope so.

I hate the wraith, and it would be nice if they could be easily destroyed.
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

It could be that only 3 are going because they want to hit Alantis as soon as possible and don't want to wait for other ships to gather. So they head out with 3 thinking it will be more then enough.

Comment

There are only three ships because the scout that they sent to Atlantis back in "The Brotherhood" likely reported back that they didn't have sufficient power to resist a small Wraith Hive group. No power = No Shield = Easy pickings. There's no point in bringing any more ships just yet.

The Atlantis team is pretty well off though.
        Spoiler:
        They were able to temporarily fix the Lagrange weapons platform, which took out one hive ship before it was blown up. They have the marines and rail guns the marines brought to take out any darts that get close enough to the city. They have Daedalus on route with a ZPM, which will show up right in the nick of time. And of course they have the two Genii atomic bombs, which will be used before all is said and done.

Considering that the show has been signed for another 20 episodes, I don't think I'd be spoiling it to say that they'll make out just fine. How the Wraith react to being defeated is what will be interesting. If they've already over harvested the Pegasus galaxy, the Wraith might be up the creek without a paddle.

But that sort of begs the question "Why would they ever allow their numbers to get to the point that they couldn't sustain them?". Obviously they can't live 'normal lives' off humans alone, because there are currently way too many of them and not enough humans.

When the Wraith awoke on their home planet (when they first appeared to the ancients) they were fairly small in numbers. Then they learned about the ancients, and their technology, and spread out to feed on all the humans they could find, reproducing all the way to Atlantis. After the ancients were defeated, the wraith were up the creek.
        They had already fed on most of the humans in the galaxy at that point, and their numbers were far too great to sustain normally, so they began hibernating to survive. Some of them began messing around with human DNA in order to make feeding on humans more productive (and allow them to possibly go without hibernating at all). Teyla is one of the results, but we don't know that those experiments ended there.

I think it'd be interesting to come across a Wraith that was another product of those experiements. Kind of like a Jaffa for Pegasus, but a caste made for food instead of cannon fodder. If they turned out to be intelligent, it could be a whole 'human rights' kind of deal; they know that their purpose it to be fed apon, but that is their purpose in the hive. Just a thought.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

A Wraith civil war would be interesting and its defiantly one way they could choose to go that would be pretty interesting.

SPOILERS

I wonder how the Wraith unified hive mind would play into such a scenario.

It also looks like they've been cutting back on their numbers probably ever since they beat the ancients the first time. They were some sort of ungodly swarm of unstoppable locusts in the time of the ancients now they seem pretty scattered and few in number compared to what they were. One wonders though how quickly they could grow to that level again given that they did it the first time, from holding only 1 planet, in less than 100 years.

Maybe we'll see some of that swarming action in season 2. The general consensus on a lot of sci-fi forums I visit seems rather unimpressed with the capabilities of the Wraith, some even going so far as to say the Goa'uld could easily spank these alledged Ancient killers in a war. From what we've been shown of both sides I can't say I can really disagree with that myself either.

Comment

i think the goua'ld could probly beat the wraith to

Comment

We know if the wraith have to they can survive thousands of years on very little food, and seeing how many planets they control with plenty of humanoids to "cull" I think they are doing alright on food, but idea of a planet with Billions would be awesome to anyone...they may never have to hibranate again.
              sigpic

Comment

I think at most there will be a few who decided to break some rules, we may possibly see one betray some secrets to us...but not anytime soon and possibly never...maybe a sect of the wraith equal to the To'Kra? Who knows.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking civil war. If there's not enough food and they can't get to Earth, what are they going to do?? Only option i see is kill eachother.

Now a sect of Wraith like the Tok'ra would be interesting...wonder how it would play out....very cool idea

Before you judge a person, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, not only will you be a mile away, you'll have their shoes.

Comment

It would definitely undermine them as an adversary. Right now, their chief attribute that makes them so much more dangerous than the Goa'uld ever were is that they are of a single mind with a single goal. The Goa'uld were always so petty, fighting amongst themselves as much as they fight any external threat. Their constant jockeying for power and influence undermined their ability to effectively wage war. If the snake-heads had bothered to work together they could have wiped out the population of Earth with relative ease.

The Wraith seem to have no such flaw. They appear to work in unified purpose. That makes them very dangerous indeed, and if they get desparate... even more dangerous.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X