This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previously on Stargate Atlantis...

I was just wondering if anyone knew why SGA has used most of the main cast to do the "Previously on Stargate Atlantis..." voice over. Shep's done it, Tela's done it. Ford's done it. I think (but not sure about) Weir and Mckay have done it.

SG1 always has Teal'c's (too many apostrophes!!!) voice doing it.
    I just thought that it was an odd decission on behalf of the creative team. Can anyone think why they did it.

P.S. I'm not saying its a bad thing though, variety being the spice of life and all that.
    Last edited by Butterfly-Dreamer; 14 March 2005, 03:18 PM. Reason: need to get more interest
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

A random question deserves a random answer :

My uneducated guess would be that since it is the first season of SGA, this is a way of building voice recognition of the characters with the audience. Probably in the course of the next couple of seasons, they may stick to one or two actors doing the voice overs.

But really, who knows?

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
    ---------------------------------------------
    Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

I think they might have switched it around a bit on SG-1 too, I'm not sure Teal'c did them all...

I haven't a clue why they do it, there may be a good reason for it, but who knows? I don't, anyway.
      Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
      Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy542
        I think they might have switched it around a bit on SG-1 too, I'm not sure Teal'c did them all...

I haven't a clue why they do it, there may be a good reason for it, but who knows? I don't, anyway.
        Im pretty sure Teal'c did them all. I don't remember a time where he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
          Im pretty sure Teal'c did them all. I don't remember a time where he didn't.
          I could be wrong, but I seem to remember a time when Daniel did it... Meh
          Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
          Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Which episode was that?

Comment

Sam did a few, if I remember correctly. Season 6 maybe?

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
              Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

This sounds like the perfect question to ask in the "Ask Joe" thread (The one thread where people can ask one of the producers (i think) about various aspects of the Stargate universe. I forgot the last name, though.

Comment

I seem to remember both sam and Teal'c doing it. I'm guessing its just a fun thing.
                  "Hey wanna say the 'previously' thing??"

Farscape had everyone do it, i guess atlantis is the same

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                  DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                    Sam did a few, if I remember correctly. Season 6 maybe?
                    Ahhhh. I havent seen any of S6 or S7 so that is probably why i only have heard Teal'c. Cause 1-5 it was Teal'c and S8. So i just assumed they kept going with him all the way through.

Comment

Working...
                    X