Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite/Not So Favorite Stargate Quotes !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite/Not So Favorite Stargate Quotes !

Here are my favorite and not-so-favorite quotes from Stargate!

Favorite:
    "You ended that sentence with a preposition ... bas****!"
    "My melted ice is to die for."
    "Do we or do we not have a Zanax detector?"
    "It's My Sidearm.. I swear.."
    "Well.. Maybe a hall..."
    "I would prefer not to consume bovine lactose at any temperature."
    "No conspiracy!"
    "I have made you... Better!"

Not-So-Favorite:
    "You Go Yu.. Sorry!..."

I like:

"One small step for Jaffa..."
    "In the middle of my back swing!"
    "Jack, don't be an a**"
    "I've heard of a place where Earth women do battle in a ring of Jello"
    "So it keeps perfect time but occasionally catches on fire"

And there are so many more but I am terrible at coming up with this sort of stuff.

There is no quote that automatically jumps out at me as bad. I'll have to think about that and get back to you.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

What's that from??

Comment

That was from Watergate.

Marina Sirits's character said something to Daniel after the sub caught fire along the lines of if he was making a crack about Russian workmanship that the sub was actually swiss and then Daniel said that line. It cracks me up everytime. Especially when Daniel says "I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too long" after that.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

My fave quote: "Make no mistake, Osiris will return, and the rivers of the Earth will run red with blood!" Osiris (The Curse).

Not so bad: can't find one...

Comment

I like the thing Sam says to Mayborne in Foothold, but I'm blowed if I can remember the exact wording. Something like "you're an idiot every day of the week, couldn't you take a day off?"
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
              I like:

...reminds me of the other LOL line from Watergate - "But it's Swiss!"

Other great funny lines:

"Then I was not talking to you"
              "Bad example"
              "I am the great and powerful Oz"
              "... Carter, bite 'em in the hand"
              "I smell like a yak"

Other great lines:

"You're a better man than that" / "No I'm not!"
              "We are brothers"
              "I have nowhere to go" / "For this you can stay at my place"

Madeleine

Comment

There are so many great quotes in SG-1, I couldn't possibly list them all. So for now I'll just list some which haven't been mentioned yet off the top of my head:

Good ones:

Prodigy:
                Jack: Well, apparantly you didn't hear me the first time I told you, clearly and in no uncertain terms - not the heck yet!

Birthright:
                Daniel: I guess they feel more comfortable talking to Sam.
                Jack: Why, because we have penises?
                Daniel: (Cough) ... Powerbar? [Hands Jack a chocolate bar.]
                (Funny mention of genitalia...)

Bad one:

Sam: I'm an air force officer just like you are, colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle.
                (...cringeworthy mention of genitalia)

There are more, but right now I wanna check out the rest of the new forum.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I really enjoyed: "Burns as Goa'uld"
                  or the quote from Birthright:
                  Daniel: I guess they feel more comfortable talking to Sam.
                  Jack: Why, because we have penises?
                  Just funny
                  Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

"Apparently I've lost the falatus to speak properly!" - Jack, The Fifth Race
                    "You.. son of a *****!" - Jack, 48 Hours
                    "A box?" - Sam, Chimera

Not so good:
                    ......bleh, I can't think of any

Comment

I love the 'Undomesticated equines' from Message in a Bottle and who can forget the rant from WoO:

If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna loose it. *Teal'C cocks his head looking confused* Lose it? It means go crazy ... nuts ... insane ... Bonzo ... No longer in possession of one's faculties ... Three
                      fries short of a Happy Meal ... WACKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It still cracks me up everytime!!

I was watching some S1 the other night, can't believe I had forgotten about this one:

Jack: There are whole boxes of material could be missing.
                      Daniel: No, the Pentagon said this was everything.
                      Jack: Oh, please. The Pentagon's lost entire countries.

Anyway enough from me...

*Celebrates 1st post on new forum!! *
                      I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

Fave quotes are easy and plentiful, but ones you DON'T like... that's kinda interesting.

Portions of Sam's dialogue in COTG, as has been pointed out, were just stupid. Thank the gods TPTB got away from that particular attitude for her.

Every time O'Neill spouts a vulgarity, it's a massive turnoff for me. I don't mean the milder stuff of years past, but the recent stuff... with his comment in Birthright being the perfect example. There was absolutely no need for that comment and it made me think less of O'Neill (and RDA) when I heard it. There was another example, too, which I found just as bad. Fortunately, I've blocked it from my memory.
                        Now for the positive, just to show I CAN say nice things:

Most of Wormhole X-treme is VERY quotable, as is The Other Guys and WOO. Great comic stuff. I love Sam's science-y babbling, especially when she tries to explain things to other people.

Carter: Imagine the galaxy is an apple. We burrow our way through the apple like a worm, crossing from one side to the other instead of going around the outside.
                        O'Neill: OK.
                        Carter: Now, of course, the apple is just a 2-dimensional representation of space-time and the hole isn't really a hole per se, but an interdimensional conduit... Colonel?

Carter: Well, sir, the time dilation is a result of the intense gravity which is directly proportional to their distance from-
                        Hammond: Captain!
                        Carter: I'm sorry, sir.

Always some good Danielisms. Particularly liked his attempt to pass himself off as the Great and Powerful Oz.

The Jonas/Teal'c scene in Descent about the "alien conspiracy". hehe. Good stuff in Nightwalkers, too, particularly:

Sam: You didn't say anything weird, did you?
                        Jonas: Why are you looking at me?

So yeah, after six years, there's a lot of great, quotable stuff. Far outweighs the bad stuff, but doesn't really make it go away, either.

Comment

"You know that whole meaning of life stuff? I think we're going to be alright" Jack O'Neill (5th Race)

Not too sure if thats quoted totally accurate but it's powerful stuff.

Comment

One I didn't like:

Nomad: He is Jaffa!
                            Jack: No, but he plays one on TV!

meh......flatter than a pancake for me

********************************************************
                            The great stuff *far* outweighs the bad. Yep, lots of great quotes after 7 years
                            .....one of the best things about Stargate is its humor.

Jack O'Neill: We came here in peace, we expect to go in one... piece
                            (I love the play on words in that one!)

Daniel: She's Hathor, the goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                            Jack O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock & roll?

Teal'c: Appearances may be deceiving.
                            Jack O'Neill: One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                            Daniel: A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                            Jack O'Neill: Never run with... scissors?

Sam Carter: They built their own stargate?
                            Daniel: Waaay smarter than us.
                            Jack O'Neill: Ours is bigger.

Bra'tac: We die well.
                            Teal'c: More than that, old friend. We die free.
                            (gotta love Bra'tac and Teal'c!)

Daniel: Wait a minute, you're actually saying that you need someone...
                            dumber than you are?
                            Jack O'Neill: You may have come to the right place.

Daniel: Well, we were kind of hoping you'd "beam them out."
                            Jacob Carter/Selmak: Beam them out? What am I - Scotty?

Sam Carter: Is there any chance that you could get the Russians
                            to give us their DHD?
                            Daniel: Not without giving back Alaska.

Rodney McKay: I wish I didn't find you so attractive. I've always had a
                            real weakness for dumb blondes.
                            Sam Carter: Go suck a lemon.

Jack O'Neill: ...and we're walking.
                            Last edited by keshou; 09 May 2004, 04:04 PM.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Every time O'Neill spouts a vulgarity, it's a massive turnoff for me. I don't mean the milder stuff of years past, but the recent stuff...
                              Milder stuff of years past? You mean, like his "bulls***" comment in Within the Serpent's Grasp? Yeah, that's much tamer than the mere utterance of the word "penis".
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X