This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Will Stargate Take Us?

With SG-1 finishing seven seasons and commencing an eighth, Atlantis beginning it's own journey, comics to give us what we could only imagine, and novels to go even further, where do you think SG-1 will take us?

Personally I hope new worlds will be prime on our list, but the occasional battle and skirmish is great too. I hope to continue to learn more about science, particularly physics.

Basically, I'm thrilled for anything they will throw at me.

I hope that the new series will be used to address unanswered issues. I'd definatly like to see the goa'uld situation finally resolved (preferably a huge battle between the system lords and earth/it's allies with huge casualties on both sides). I think after 8 seasons we deserve an conclusion over our main foe.

Comment

Originally posted by David
      Basically, I'm thrilled for anything they will throw at me.
      Considering some of the things they could "throw at you", that's a very brave statement.

Haven't bothered with the comics because the generic-ness and inaccuracies of the artwork bother me (comics based on tv/movies rarely do the characters justice), but if they get the right writers, the novels could be good. Just not McConnell. Please, no more from her.

Atlantis could be a good possibility, if TPTB actually bother to give it the sort of attention and development it will need.

What will SG-1 give us? Do you really want me to answer that?
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 18 December 2005, 09:27 AM.

Comment

I'd like more ship battles. And not just 2 ships vs 2 ships. I'd like the real deal. Alot of ships vs Alot of ships.

8 Ha'tak, 16 Al'kesh and 100 Gliders on each side or so

Comment

Never mind where it takes us, Id like to find out far more about its origins and the time when the Goa'uld were on Earth etc.

Failing that, I want to see Earth lose in the end. What a way to go out that would be!

Comment

th only way for earth to truly lose would be if all the inhabitants were killed off, because if they were just enslaved (chyanne mountain obliterated as a lesson to the slaves), there would always be a possibility of revolt.

such shock endings have been tried by various shows in the past, and all they do is leave the fans with a foul taste in their mouths.

the best options then would be an ambiguous ending, which would have fans debate it for months, or a happy ending, where fans are left with a warm fuzzy feeling for about a week, and then move on to a different show. its all up the the producers. gee.. i guess that means RDA has a huge sway over it...
            Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Penance
              th only way for earth to truly lose would be if all the inhabitants were killed off, because if they were just enslaved (chyanne mountain obliterated as a lesson to the slaves), there would always be a possibility of revolt.

such shock endings have been tried by various shows in the past, and all they do is leave the fans with a foul taste in their mouths.

the best options then would be an ambiguous ending, which would have fans debate it for months, or a happy ending, where fans are left with a warm fuzzy feeling for about a week, and then move on to a different show. its all up the the producers. gee.. i guess that means RDA has a huge sway over it...
              Some of us likes those dark endings

Comment

Originally posted by Penance
                I dunno, Morgan & Wong are famous for their "shock" endings, but I still rather like them. Yes, I was utterly traumatized by the finale of Space: Above & Beyond, but I still thought it was an incredible way to bow out; highly memorable and with just enough ambiguity to keep the fans hopeful.

I think a "shock" ending might be good for the show, really stir things up and keep the fans clamoring for more. I know it isn't gonna happen that way, but I can still dream about it...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I dunno, Morgan & Wong are famous for their "shock" endings, but I still rather like them. Yes, I was utterly traumatized by the finale of Space: Above & Beyond, but I still thought it was an incredible way to bow out; highly memorable and with just enough ambiguity to keep the fans hopeful.

I think a "shock" ending might be good for the show, really stir things up and keep the fans clamoring for more. I know it isn't gonna happen that way, but I can still dream about it...

Wasn't there supposed to be a second season of S:AAB but due to internal fighting at FOX it got cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Wasn't there supposed to be a second season of S:AAB but due to internal fighting at FOX it got cancelled?
                    Yep. So M&W did a bit of "tinkering" and the result was one catastrophic whiz-bang of a finale.

Ever seen the S2 finale of Millennium? Loved that one, too, and MM wasn't a show I'd been able to get into in its first season (or third, for that matter). Killed off the whole bleeping planet except for the lead character and his daughter. Now that would have made a truly awesome series finale. Too bad the show got renewed. And too bad Carter (Chris, not Sam) didn't have the cojones to try and keep the theme going, he just wrote it off as a little blip, "not as bad as it seemed" and then promptly forgot all about it. *sigh*

I wish Stargate's PTB would take bigger chances instead of playing it safe all the time. I'd like for some truly shocking things to happen, stuff that would really make us think, make us question everything we thought we knew, leave us screaming in rage with tears of frustration on our cheeks while we secretly sit in awe at the fearful symmetry of it all. Go out with a bang, not a whimper!

Comment

I totally agree, but I just hope it doesn't go the way of Star Trek, stuck in the same-old thread loop. Of all the Sci-Fi's I have seen, Stargate has the potential to break it's thread boundaries. Consider the name S-T-A-R-G-A-T-E, it's more than just a device, it is also a metaphor which has been used in all the ancient mythologies...#KREE#
                      THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
                      AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
                      AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

Well seeing what they had planned for an ending of the show (Full Circle) I don't think it's going out with a bang. I think it would be cool in another spinoff (we know there will be) that they do something explosive that way the series don't run thin (like Star Trek is).
                        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Science Fiction shows have proven that they really do need one thing to make fans lust for more of it: Time. A period of rest. Look at Star Trek. Whowee! The Motion Picture was made because fans demanded it!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Yes, I was utterly traumatized by the finale of Space: Above & Beyond, but I still thought it was an incredible way to bow out; highly memorable and with just enough ambiguity to keep the fans hopeful. ...
                            It depends on how shocking is. I HATED the ending of Xena so much that I never want to watch the repeats. I don't think that's what the producer intended with his shocking ending, but I'm sure there are others that feel the same as me.

I, personally, want a happy ending, especially for the 8 year story arc that I've been following - S/J ship. But, I'd also like a happy ending for *all* the characters. Okay, I'm a sucker for happy endings. I just want these characters to be as happy as I wish for my family, friends, and myself.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

If TPTB give us a shippy ending and assuming I bother to watch it, I will likely put my fist through my television screen. I'd rather have a traumatic everyone-is-probably-dead ending than see Sam and Jack wind up together.

If TPTB can remember the meaning of the word "ambiguous" and leave the ending open in regards to S/J ship, then I could be happy. But frankly I can't see that happening.

I'd like for the show to remember what made it great in the first place and to give us more plots involving the exploration of other cultures; to have more eps centering on the TEAM, not just the characters; to give us some danger that actually FEELS like danger and not just the hyped-up Drama of the Week.

Comment

Working...
                              X