This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I can't believe you did that!" Moments

Do you know those moments when a character does or says something that you find utterly unbelievable? Where you sit in front of the TV and exclaim: "I can't believe you did that!"

Tell me about those moments when a character says/does something completely unexpected/funny/surprising/bad/out of character/etc.

I think that I sat in stunned disbelief at the "Spank me rosy" line in Full Circle for quite some time. It was hilarious but it was like "OMG he didn't actually just say that did he?"

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

The line "That's what you get for d***ing around" in Fallout was very surprising. Even the Reviews mentioned it

Comment

This is a PG forum so i was wondering if i can say that what jack said in Birthright. You know about why the amazon women would talk to sam and not them. Daniel offering Jack a piece of powerbar just to shut him up was priceless. I really can't believe he said it. At least I think he said it. I have only seen that ep once and it has been awhile.
        sigpic
        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
          This is a PG forum so i was wondering if i can say that what jack said in Birthright. You know about why the amazon women would talk to sam and not them. Daniel offering Jack a piece of powerbar just to shut him up was priceless. I really can't believe he said it. At least I think he said it. I have only seen that ep once and it has been awhile.
          YES! that was the other one I was thinking of.

In answer to your other thought, words you are not allowed to use are recognized by the software and ***'d out. Though I do not recommend going on a testing spree.

Comment

Originally posted by David
            The line "That's what you get for d***ing around" in Fallout was very surprising. Even the Reviews mentioned it
            LOL - I remember that one. That was a definite, "I can't believe he said that!" Good one though - came out unexpectantly.

Comment

If anyone is going to treat us to a sharp shocker, it's Jack. Sure's shootin'.

Comment

It's gotta be Sam whistling the SG-1 tune. I was laughing and gagging at the same time!

Comment

When Carter says to Jonas "You are such a chickens***!"

OMG! I nearly swallowed my tongue!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                    Do you know those moments when a character does or says something that you find utterly unbelievable? Where you sit in front of the TV and exclaim: "I can't believe you did that!" .
                    The big one in the Clanger household is Need, when Daniel jumps after the princess.

MC is shouting "for goodness sakes, Daniel, she MIGHT BE A GOAU'LD you very silly person" (paraphrased)

Mr.MC is shouting "for goodness sakes, Jack, why the heck DIDN'T YOU SHOOT HIM IN THE FILM?"

I still hate that bit, the total disregard for anything and everything around him except for an unknown, and possibly lethal, entity.

*takes calming breaths*

Edited because the excitement of talking about that moment made my typing skills completely non-existant.
                    Last edited by Major Clanger; 01 May 2004, 05:03 AM. Reason: bad typing
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I still can't believe Hammond never arranged for the SG teams to have a 'spare' address to dial in case they couldn't get to Earth due to gate problems, quarantine or whatever, but needed to leave the planet they were on due to enemies, or being stuck in a frozern cavern or whatever. I forgive him cos Solitudes is a great ep, but it's Hammond's worst moment.

I can't believe they'd let a reporter on the Prometheus, and Sam and Jonas STILL BE WORKING ON THEIR COVER STORY AS THEY ARRIVE ON THE SHIP. And then they forgot to frisk the camera crew. D'oh!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                        The big one in the Clanger household is Need, when Daniel jumps after the princess.

MC is shouting "for goodness sakes, Daniel, she MIGHT BE A GOAU'LD you very silly person" (paraphrased)

Mr.MC is shouting "for goodness sakes, Jack, why the heck DIDN'T YOU SHOOT HIM IN THE FILM?"
                        ROFLMAO, I can just see that scene happening in your living room...

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                          I can't believe they'd let a reporter on the Prometheus, and Sam and Jonas STILL BE WORKING ON THEIR COVER STORY AS THEY ARRIVE ON THE SHIP. And then they forgot to frisk the camera crew. D'oh!
                          oh there are aspects of the security etc, that drive me bonkers. I let it all wash over me these days.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger

I still hate that bit, the total disregard for anything and everything around him except for an unknown, and possibly lethal, entity.

Boy, I'm with you on that one. It could have also been some odd cultural event where sacrificing one woman's life assured the survival of all female children, or some such thing. He knew nothing about what she was, who she was, the culture, or who he might be putting in danger by his impulsive behavior.

I've been a lurker for quite some time, and just decided to join the brand new, shiny Forum today and am having fun. *Hello everyone* Probably would have stayed lurking if not for how strongly I feel about this "I can't believe it moment."

EP

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                              When Carter says to Jonas "You are such a chickens***!"

OMG! I nearly swallowed my tongue!
                              That is a good one! What episode is it from?

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                              X