No announcement yet.

There But For the Grace of God (119)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Ancients build the Quantum Mirror?

Comment

Probably. They're the only race that has shown that level of technology as I see it.

Comment

I really enjoy AU stories, and this is one of the best ever SG-1 eps on my personal list .
        Also the Quantum Mirror was a very cool device,IMO.
        (I think the Ancients invented it too,guys.Anyone know for certain?)
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Do they actually have nukes stored in Cheyenne Mountain? I mean General O'Neill was contemplating using one on the Goa'uld military base after the ship took position on the mountain. He seemed pretty confident that he has them at his disposal, but I don't see how a convey with a nuke could make it to the SGC with the Jaffa controlling the enterance.

Also, how powerful was that bomb they sent to Chu'lak. I don't remember the village being all that close to the gate in 'Children of the Gods'. Yet, the bomb took out all of the Jaffa there, suppositively.

I do think the Ancients created the mirror. It just seems like something they'd do. Test the limits of physics and push the boundries and then leave the technology for some lesser being to get into trouble with it.

Which leads to another question. Now that we know you need a specific gene to control Ancient tech, does that mean Jackson has it too? Assuming it was made by the Ancients.
          Last edited by jeffrey6283; 26 July 2004, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey6283
            Also, how powerful was that bomb they sent to Chu'lak. I don't remember the village being all that close to the gate in 'Children of the Gods'. Yet, the bomb took out all of the Jaffa there, suppositively.

The village couldn't have been more than a few miles away from the gate, which is well within the range of even the weakest of nukes.

Comment

I never knew a nuke with a blast radius like that... maybe a mile tops. Beyond that, it'd be the radiation that kills everything. Of course, I'm no nuclear physicist.

Comment

I agree. Even a small nuke could have reached within a couple of miles distance!
                __

__

Comment

Was it naquada enhanced?

Comment

Don't underestimate the power of a nuclear blast. Today's nukes are MUCH more powerful than the ones that were dropped on Japan.

Comment

I agree with you. They've modified the input devices that multiply the blast radius
                      __

__

Comment

I do think the Ancients created the mirror. It just seems like something they'd do. Test the limits of physics and push the boundries and then leave the technology for some lesser being to get into trouble with it.
                        Yeah like to Time Looper thing.

Comment

Do they actually have nukes stored in Cheyenne Mountain?
                          Well, I think this comes to fruition on many levels.

First, we need a bomb for the auto distruct. Probably not a nuke, but at least powerfull enough to blow out a massive underground facility.

Secondly, this is an alternate universe, so, basically you could do anything you wanted...hell, Daniel could be a system lord in one universe...which would be wicked awsome, I loved his Goa'uld voice in uh...which season 5 one was that...

Thirdly, running with the AU thing... Earth is technically at war, even though it is a secret war, yada yada yada. You never know when your going to need something big blowing up. We've already seen that we shoot missiles though the gate when needed. So uh...Nuke away?

Not so happy that Daniel died now, are we Jonas?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                            Was it naquada enhanced?
                            Well, presumably it blew near the 'gate (which is made of naquada), so yeah.
                            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                              Well, presumably it blew near the 'gate (which is made of naquada), so yeah.
                              Actually, I'd bet the gate was unharmed. They can take a lot.
                              Tripudire est irritus
                              Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
                              We are the Mooninites

Comment

Originally posted by WurdBendur
                                Actually, I'd bet the gate was unharmed. They can take a lot.
                                I totally agree with you. I'm just saying that the naquada would of helped amlify the explosion, to encompass a greater distance, not to destory the Stargate.
                                Rocky

Comment

Working...
                                X