• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children of the Gods (101)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101

Powerful aliens come through Earth's Stargate. Colonel Jack O'Neill returns to Abydos to retrieve Daniel Jackson, who has discovered a map of Stargates revealing that the alien transit system includes much more than the two planets.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:47 PM.

I honestly think this is the coolest series premiere of any show I've ever seen. Then again, I guess you could kind've say the movie was the series premiere!
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Hi ya's,
      I'm new here so forgive me if this has been covered in the past. Last night I decided to rip my SG-1 DVD collection and back them all up as Divx files. I started with Season 1 to make it less confusing for me. Anyways, I went back to see how the first one came out. It was Children Of The Gods. Here is my question. In the first part we see Apophis and his Ja'Fa come through the gate. After taking a hostage and shooting up the place we see them going back through. Ok, with no DHD...how in the heck did they dial back out? This is something I must have looked over many many times and just now realizing that it was impossible for them to dial out from the base at that time. Unless they accessed the computers but none of them left the gate platform. I'm thinking there should be a portable DHD written into the script to explain this. Ok, I'm done with my rant lol......

Jimmy
      Star Trek is dead....Long live Stargate

Comment

This has been debated many, many times throughout the years Stargate fandom has existed. There isn't any one definite answer, though...

Me, I think they simply dialled out manually. It makes more sense than having them use some kind of unknown piece of technology they don't show us and haven't shown us since.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          This has been debated many, many times throughout the years Stargate fandom has existed. There isn't any one definite answer, though...

Me, I think they simply dialled out manually. It makes more sense than having them use some kind of unknown piece of technology they don't show us and haven't shown us since.
          Actually he proberly used a device similar to futur Cassies' In "1969" that way he also avoids the swoosh disintergrating him. I don't think there was enough time for a manuel dial-out before Hammond and troops baraged in.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
            Actually he proberly used a device similar to futur Cassies' In "1969" that way he also avoids the swoosh disintergrating him.
            There's no evidence the Goa'uld have a device like that. We didn't see it then, and we haven't seen it in seven years since. If they did have a such device, then why would they keep using the DHD all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
              There's no evidence the Goa'uld have a device like that. We didn't see it then, and we haven't seen it in seven years since. If they did have a such device, then why would they keep using the DHD all the time?

Yeah but there wasn't enough time for his Serpent Guards to get out of the way of the whoosh mainuallly dial and get back to their nice neat positions at hte top of the ramp? I think not? Maybe Apophisis was the only goa'uld to get one. Maybe Future Cassie's thing is his??
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                Yeah but there wasn't enough time for his Serpent Guards to get out of the way of the whoosh mainuallly dial and get back to their nice neat positions at hte top of the ramp? I think not?
                How can you tell? The show doesn't play out in real time, you know.
                Last edited by Ugly Pig; 31 May 2004, 08:59 AM. Reason: Spelling... Darnit.

Comment

I agree....and Apophis also says something regarding the Stargate right before his exit scene doesn't he? He says something in Goa'uld and sort of points his head towards the Stargate. Perhaps this was a signal to his Jaffa to manually dial?
                  "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Yes, Apophis did say something then it cut to another scene and all we can do is guess what he said
                    __

__

Comment

Maybe he found an automated dailing device somewhere, and then dropped it when he left?

Really it's just one of those big honkin' plot holes.
                      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I was so suprised to see so many since this morning. I was thinking though....Remember the device Jack built after he gained the knowledge of the ancients. I believe it was in the second season..."The Fifth Race" I think it was. If memory serves me, did it not dial out after giving the gate a power boost to use an eighth symbol? Something along those lines perhaps? Anyway, just a thought.

Comment

You are correct. That device gave the SGC a massive energy boost which allowed them to engage a seventh chevron and lock an eigth
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Colonal Jack O'Teal'C
                            Remember the device Jack built after he gained the knowledge of the ancients. I believe it was in the second season..."The Fifth Race" I think it was. If memory serves me, did it not dial out after giving the gate a power boost to use an eighth symbol? Something along those lines perhaps? Anyway, just a thought.
                            Well, if Apophis had a similar device, someone would have to go and plug it in where Jack did... And that seems very unlikely.

Comment

I doubt that Apophis would have plugged it in somewhere, like where, in the ground? I agree, it seems unlikely
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X