This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collectormania

Just on the offchance, Gipsy, since I'm going to Collectormania on Friday, I don't suppose you're going?

Madeleine

Everyone's going to Collectormania on Friday, and it is the one day I can't go! I'm thinking of not going at all - I don't really fancy going all that distance on my own. Plus I keep thinking that I'll see Corin at L3...but then I didn't go to Collectermania last year because I thought I'd see Corin at SG6 and that went all pear shaped!
    sigpic

Comment

(((Gipsy))) sorry you can't go on Friday. I've taken a day off work, it's my Special Treat after a very hectic spell.

So... not that I'm so fickle that I'd just hook up with any tom dick or harry, but who's the 'everyone' who's going? 8-o

Madeleine

Comment

Well, I don't know if you met Sue-the-Lurker and Polosmoothie (who you'd most likely know under her real name but I don't want to post that publically!). And then there's you of course. Plus some people from a Jonas Quinn board that I frequent *gasp*.
        sigpic

Comment

I kept an eye out for PoloSmoothie, but didn't spot her.

I met Corin, he was nice and smiley. Robert Picardo asked me to write to TPTB to get Woolsey re-used in s8. John Billingsley couldn't remember the name of the character he played, so he asked me, but I had a mental block and couldn't remember if it was Felger or Coombes. Ooops. Sarah Douglas was lovely, and said how she was always surprised by how popular Stargate is, especially in England.

And I got a Toy Story 'Woody' for Firstborn.

Madeleine

Comment

John Billingsley is Phlox right, in which case he played Coombs. I'd love to have met him, Phlox is my fave character on Enterprise.
            sigpic

Comment

Collectormania 5

I was there!

Pic: Note Corin Nemec nearest the camera. He's a good lookin guy, and the beard works well. He's got a Johnny Depp feel to him.

Plenty of SG-1 crap for absurd prices

Corin again.

All of the guests. Rob Englund was the busiest by a mile. He had a queue ALL DAY.

And myself. Couldn't help throwing that in there.

I hope all you Brits are planning to attend Collectormania 6 in October and London Film And Comic Con in November (At the last LFACC they had a stall selling £140-odd P90's).

Comment

Went to Collectormania on Saturday. Met Corin Nemac, got a personally signed autograph. Some of the replicas like the Zat Gun and TER were very expensive. The cheapest we was offered was £150 a piece!
                __

__

Comment

I went to collectormania and met Corin too. He is so sweet. I was first in the queue on sunday!!! How nervous was I? extremely!! I got his autograph and had a photo taken. I got the photo developed and he signed that too. He wrote on it and drew a picture of a crown above my head

Can't wait till the next one.

Vicky
                  -x-

Comment

Corin is a wonderful guy. I done the same, had a picture taken with him but didn't get that one signed. He is taller than I expected and he is also very thin since seeing him of Stargate in the most recent appearance, Fallout. I see Robert Picardo also who played Woolsey in Inauguration in season seven to attempt to get the SGC under a new command

Corin is great. I hope he comes to Collectormania 6 in October
                    __

__

Comment

yey! i meet corin 2 hes great
                      hes a really nice guy with the best smile ever
                      its even nicer when he recognised us as we were sitting drinking coffee in costas!
                      we did panic tho wen we asked him about stargate universe and he gave us a blank look he didnt no about it!
                      but we emailed L3 t check and they said he had definatly confirmed and it must have been his agents fault for not telling him
                      so we can all breath a sight of relief ahhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        Went to Collectormania on Saturday. Met Corin Nemac, got a personally signed autograph. Some of the replicas like the Zat Gun and TER were very expensive. The cheapest we was offered was £150 a piece!
                        Replica Zat's? Are you pulling one of my lower limbs?

I need to go on a Saturday next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thera
                          yey! i meet corin 2 hes great
                          hes a really nice guy with the best smile ever
                          its even nicer when he recognised us as we were sitting drinking coffee in costas!
                          we did panic tho wen we asked him about stargate universe and he gave us a blank look he didnt no about it!
                          but we emailed L3 t check and they said he had definatly confirmed and it must have been his agents fault for not telling him
                          so we can all breath a sight of relief ahhhhhhhh
                          Ok that's a bit worrying! It's not that far off for L3 and I can't believe anyone doesn't know what work they have lined up!

erika

Comment

Originally posted by Eken95
                            Ok that's a bit worrying! It's not that far off for L3 and I can't believe anyone doesn't know what work they have lined up!
                            erika
                            Corin is scheduled for the L3 con end of November, not the one in July (unless things have changed?), so it's still pretty far away. Besides, this is not the first time I've heard that actors didn't know about upcoming appearances. Can't blame them, really. Some have countless appearances scheduled. Can't expect them to carry around their whole annual schedule in their head.

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile
                              Replica Zat's? Are you pulling one of my lower limbs?
                              Lightspeed Fine Arts sells replicas of the zats and staff weapons.

As for Corin not knowing about an upcoming appearance, it could also be that he simply doesn't know/remember the name. For the it's probably like, "I have two gigs in Australia, four in England, one in Germany..." and so on.

He's a sweet, wonderful guy. Can't wait till Gatecon!

Comment

Working...
                              X