This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Day After Tomorrow

Is anyone going to see the new film released on May 28 called The Day After Tomorrow? It looks great. The effects and quality looks great. About $180 million budget was placed into this one film. Looks great
    __

__

I cant wait too! Even if the story sucks it will be so cool! I love disaster flicks!
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

From the Director of Stargate...of course I shall go and see Rolands latest flick. Wonder what it will be like now he's split up with writing/producing Partner Dean Devlin. And he's also not used David Arnold since Godzilla for the music.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
      from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

One word to describe it...."BADASS!" Looks amazing. I hope the storyline is good and characters are good.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I don't know. I thought it was in poor taste to use New York City as part of the destruction that takes place in the previews. I know it's a major city but still it's in poor taste. I probably won't go see the movie.

QunStrudel <><
          Self proclaimed Queen of the Strudels

Comment

It's not entirely my thing, but in return for giving us Stargate, I go to see everything Emmerich does!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
              I cant wait too! Even if the story sucks it will be so cool! I love disaster flicks!
              I totally agree with you. There is nothing better than a well made disaster flick - well perhaps one with a good storyline.....
              But from what I have seen it is going to be AWESOME!!!
              SkyDancer

Comment

Originally posted by QunStrudel
                I don't know. I thought it was in poor taste to use New York City as part of the destruction that takes place in the previews. I know it's a major city but still it's in poor taste. I probably won't go see the movie.

QunStrudel <><

I'm glad they used New York. It shows that movie companies aren't walking on eggshells anymore when it comes to trashing the city so nice they named it twice.

This looks, good, but I'm looking forward to Spiderman even more.

The Man

Comment

i have mixed fellings about this movie, it looks cool and all...but i don't really see a story line in the previews...so i'd see to see what is the story, but it might suck

Comment

<< I'm glad they used New York. It shows that movie companies aren't walking on eggshells anymore when it comes to trashing the city so nice they named it twice. >>

Sorry, what? What do you mean they named it twice?
                    sum ergo cogitum
                    I am therefore I think.

Comment

This movie just opened worldwide today and I went and saw it at the cinema. Awesome movie. It's up there with Independence Day and Stargate. It's definately worth seeing.

Comment

I saw it last night. I saw Stargate the Movie. This is no Stargate.

Loved certain aspects (SFX), got scared at some of the possibilities, but for the most part I got the feeling I had paid ten bucks(Canadian) to watch a made-for-tv movie on a big screen.

The dialogue was awful! The cloud mass and the science was awe-full!

There was only one threesome who held any poignancy, IMO. The scotsmen.

Stargate is still, IMV, the best filmed, directed, acted, written, etc, etc of Emmerich's movies. DAT comes in after Godzilla, in my opinion.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          There was only one threesome who held any poignancy, IMO.
                          Oh, but aren't they all?
                          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

i sooo want to see that movie

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

I've seen it twice. It's an awesome movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X