X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the new Forum!

Hi all,

I'm a familiar to the Forum and would just like to say how good the re-vamp looks.

General Hammond would be proud!

Regards,
    General of the British SGC

Darren has put in a lot of hard work, as has David, and the place looks smashing. For me personally it still isn't as easy to use as Delphi, and I particularly miss being able to see how many unread messages there are in a thread. But hopefully that is something that might develop in the future!
    sigpic

Comment

are you mad? Delphi forums are the most annoying, over the top, hard to follow, overly complex i've ever seen.

I'm on so many forums it's untrue, and all are very easy to follow, i sof ar have not joined two, both becuase they were delphi forums.

This is a vast improvment, much more user friendly, and more fun, with the vatars and sigs, and in my view, easier to control aswell.

Comment

The new forum is great. The features and settings are pretty cool

Delphi Forums were annyoing. Their advertisements and difficult navigation was actually very annoying. That's a reason I didn't sign up on Delphi
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
          For me personally it still isn't as easy to use as Delphi, and I particularly miss being able to see how many unread messages there are in a thread. But hopefully that is something that might develop in the future!
          I agree with you Gipsy, I love this new forum, but it is taking me a while to get used to and the unread message thing is bugging me a bit to...
          But i'm sure i'll get used to it and i'll say again that Darren and David did a brilliant job and the fact that only one thing has bugged me so far means it is the best forum i've been to Usually I find loads of things that get on my nerves..

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

unread messages should be easy enough.....

you know the thread has new messages if it's in bold....

Comment

I'm not supposed to be here. I said I wasn't going to come, that GW's move would mark my new lo-carb Stargate diet.

What was I thinking???

I still dislike vBs, though, as they don't have the intimate atmosphere of the Delphi forums, but maybe, if I stick around long enough, this'll feel more like "home," to me.

Yes, yes, I know, Delphi sucks, vbs rock, but not everybody loves Vegas; some folks just feel more at home in the damp, foggy places.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Even when the damp, foggy places only allows you use of your right arm, to use the other limbs you need to sign up to their service (The damp, foggy place people's service )

Comment

Hello All,

I also think the new forum looks great. It has the same type of format as SG1Database. I think the new format is easier to read than Delphi. Plus I haven't had troubles logging on yet...unlike with Delphi today! (Grrrrr!! )

However I haven't figured out the Sig stuff yet. Considering I just figured all of that out at Delphi. Oh well.

Looking forward to talking to everyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Majson
                    I worked that out just after I posted my first messge in this thread......so I guess these forums really do have everything Much better than Delphi!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Majson

Um, I thought bolded threads are just ones that have had a new post in the last day? I see plenty of non-bold threads that I've never looked at.

And if I have to go wading through dozens of posts trying to figure out where I left off in a thread, I will be much less inclined to spend much time here.

Delphi's thread bookmarking was one of the two things I loved about the old forum. The other was the compact way all the threads were listed in the left margin.
                      Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

I like this forum too. I have used a lot of different ones and this forum is probably the best feature-wise I have seen. Pound for pound this seems to be a solid winner. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                          And if I have to go wading through dozens of posts trying to figure out where I left off in a thread, I will be much less inclined to spend much time here.
                          You can go straight to the first unread post by clicking on the little blue arrow on the left hand side of the bold thread title....or at the top of the page in the opened thread.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                            Um, I thought bolded threads are just ones that have had a new post in the last day? I see plenty of non-bold threads that I've never looked at.

Delphi's thread bookmarking was one of the two things I loved about the old forum. The other was the compact way all the threads were listed in the left margin.
                            Unfortunately vBulletin uses a different method to time/date stamp than Delphi. So when you log out it automatically marks everything as read, regardless of whether you've been in a thread or not.

Yes, the thread/unread messages bookmarking was good. Being able to see the unread message count in a thread, and being able to jump into a thread right at the point you left was blissful.

We had to jump to the new place a bit sooner than expected thanks to Delphi mucking everyone around. Darren is working his little socks off to get this place up to shape. I know that this issue is on his to-do list, so please just stick with us until we can get a fix in place. Cheers
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                              You can go straight to the first unread post by clicking on the little blue arrow on the left hand side of the bold thread title....or at the top of the page in the opened thread.
                              That doesn't work for me. It just gets me the last post in the thread plus the nine above it (presumably because I have My Controls set to ten posts per page).

If I click the arrow at the top of the page it just gives me the final ten posts again.
                              Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Working...
                              X