X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis Rising

Originally posted by MV Times
    The last time a frightening film was shot on Martha’s Vineyard, it involved a great white shark prowling the waters. This month, filmmaker David Kann has been shuttling his loyal crew of actors and cameramen around the island to shoot "Anubis: Rising," an independent horror movie he hopes will return the Vineyard to the horror map.

"Anubis: Rising" tells the story of five reckless youths who summon the Egyptian god of the underworld during a midnight ceremony. Before long, the youths are being picked off one by one while the survivors seek to return Anubis to the realm of the dead. The lightly-budgeted film is produced by David Kann and David Huey, based on a screenplay by David Buscemi. Mr. Kann is the director and editor. Director of photography Ed Tillman and grip/electrician Brian Jones make up the technical crew.
    Will try this again and see how it works. The MV Times seems to have fixed the hiccup on their site, so it should load properly now if anyone is bored enough to want to read the full article.

Sure, it's probably a rip-off of Blair Witch, but that doesn't mean it won't be a fun rip-off. I'm gonna try and see it, myself. I'm up for just about anything involving Egyptian mythology- which is part of the reason I saw the original Stargate movie.

Check out the movie's main site, Darkside Films for some nifty stills.
Working...
X