This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite guilty pleasure episodes

Y'know the episode that almost no one likes yet for sme reasom you like it.

Which episodes are like that for you?

For myself I've always enjoyed Disclosure alot.
    It took me forever to make this signature up.

I'm one fry sort of a happy meal!- Jack

I LOVED Wormhole X-treme and there are very few people that did. I just love the spoof aspect and the behind the scenes jokes.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      I LOVED Wormhole X-treme and there are very few people that did. I just love the spoof aspect and the behind the scenes jokes.
      I'm a fan of that episode too. I wasn't aware that a lot of people disliked it.
      It took me forever to make this signature up.

I'm one fry sort of a happy meal!- Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sidious618
        Y'know the episode that almost no one likes yet for sme reasom you like it.

Which episodes are like that for you?
        While it by no means my favorite I liked Space Race -- I thought the announcers were an interesting satirical comment on what our society has become.

I'm sure there are others but that one stands out the most.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I, too, loved Wormhole X-treme! And I'm a bit boggled that so many people hated it. I thought it was a good, fun, somewhat self-parodying ep with loads of great cameos. And the "Behind the scenes" stuff! LOL! *shrug* Ah well.

I also liked Nightwalkers a lot. Great to see Sam in charge and the gang out on their own without Jack. Plus... Jonas gets to do some sightseeing.

Prophecy seemed to irk a lot of people, but I thought Corin did an absolutely phenomenal job in it and it's worth watching again and again just for that. You can really feel his anguish (or I can, anyway) and I really felt he capture the mannerisms of a guy with a killer migraine. Literally. I've looked the same way a time or two myself, I'm sure.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the three that spring most readily to mind.

Comment

Nightwalkers, how could I forget Nightwalkers!
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Wormhole Extreme. Really funny just not as much as WoO. Also liked having Martin back

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmaat
                Prophecy seemed to irk a lot of people, but I thought Corin did an absolutely phenomenal job in it and it's worth watching again and again just for that.
                There are a lot of people who didn't like Prophecy? Really. I thought that was a great episode. There weren't a great many good Jonas storylines but I felt that that was one of them. And Metamorphosis, but Gypsy warned me not to get you started on that.

Comment

Brief Candle... I don't know why people don't like it, I think the nanocites are cool (And a recurring feature in the show thereafter) and the start of the episode was so funny (Sam: Don't look at me!) I just really liked it... suprised so many RDA lovers don't like it, given Jack wears nothing but a bedsheet for about 5 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    And Metamorphosis, but Gypsy warned me not to get you started on that.
                    Metamorphosis was a great ep. Loved it. But it didn't go far enough, IMO, and it really deeply bothered me that no one asked Jonas if he needed to go through the resequencer at the end. I know it was setting up for later, but he'd been through the machine! Come on, people! You'd think Carter was the only one important enough to worry about. *sigh* Still, some truly excellent stuff happened in this ep... not that it ever got the attention it deserved. Much like Jonas himself.

OK, so maybe Gipsy was right to warn ya. But hey, that's why I wrote Lesser of Two.

I'll go calm down now.

Comment

It really depends on what forum you're on. It seems like over here, One False Step isn't very popular (although other places, people seem to like it). But, I like the episode. A lot.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I'm not particularly fond of One False Step. I found it pretty dull but it stands out for the frustrated Daniel dance alone. I wish I could have that for my sig.

Comment

Wormhole Extreme and Space Race. I don't know why people hate them so much, they're hysterical. I love all the silly inside jokes and the show within a show routine in Wormhole Extreme. Just the looks on the team's faces in the briefing room when they see the show make it well worth watching. The skeevy announcers and the commercials in Space Race give me giggle fits every time. Neither of them are art, but they're fun little episodes.
                          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Actually, I like every episode anyone hates (I really love WXT and Space Race! )

Comment

Seth. I've heard that lots of people don't like it, but I think it’s pretty cool. I despise Tommy’s father, I don’t know why, he just annoys me. But I did think the episode was overall enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                              X