This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate-a-holics Not so Anonymous

A couple of us were joking about needing a 12 step program at times so I thought it might be fun to have a little place where, when you start to think that you're a bit of an oddball or family and friends start using the words pyschiatric help in conversation with you, that you can go to see that you're not alone and to tell your tales of woe.

My husband pretty much thinks me certifiable because I have a bad tendancy of shouting at the t.v. screen or throwing things at it. Of course then I just video taped him while he was watching one of his hockey games and he shut up right quick.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    A couple of us were joking about needing a 12 step program at times so I thought it might be fun to have a little place where, when you start to think that you're a bit of an oddball or family and friends start using the words pyschiatric help in conversation with you, that you can go to see that you're not alone and to tell your tales of woe.

My husband pretty much thinks me certifiable because I have a bad tendancy of shouting at the t.v. screen or throwing things at it. Of course then I just video taped him while he was watching one of his hockey games and he shut up right quick.
    I'm so addicted other addicted fans tell me I need help

And my infamy is spreading throughout my school, for instance in my English class, my teacher starts asking for essay ideas, and one guy (notorious messer ) starts saying "You could be in charge of the master ship of the 13th quadrant of the Asgard with Teal'c!" ... my teacher questioned if he took his medication that day

Comment

My son & I will be watching SG-1 or some anime cartoon he likes & we'll pick it apart,make comparisons,speculate on motives of characters,play "recognize that actor/voice",etc.,etc.,and my husband will ask with much annoyance[from another room,mind you]"Can't you just watch it?!"

Of course I tell him no.The way I look at it,it's like when we have to read a story &/or book in school & analyze it,it's just a different medium.

Besides,he's got a bad habit of swearing at the people on the "Weather Channel" for standing in the way of our state,even when they're pointing out & talking about some serious storms elsewhere.He seems to forget that we do have a few other states on the map that are inhabitted by subscribers to that channel.
      nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

two years ago i turned about 60% of the english assignments into stargate fics...yes even the "rewriting of Hamlet" essay. for our state SO trip this year, my roommate took the tv remote so i would study for my events...i missed the Lost city part 1 >.< plus whenever i'm debating with people i have to be constantly reminded that no one else watches stargate...yeah woops >.< you wouldn't believe how many things you can compare with stargate though!
        My flickr photography.

Comment

Originally posted by angsty_otaku
          two years ago i turned about 60% of the english assignments into stargate fics...yes even the "rewriting of Hamlet" essay. for our state SO trip this year, my roommate took the tv remote so i would study for my events...i missed the Lost city part 1 >.< plus whenever i'm debating with people i have to be constantly reminded that no one else watches stargate...yeah woops >.< you wouldn't believe how many things you can compare with stargate though!
          hi my name is boomoo or stargate barbie if you prefer. and i'm a tv addict.

i'm so addicted to stargate that when i read the above post, i immediately started cursing your roomate for making you miss Lost city part 1.
          also i can't help but quote stargate (and simpsons and futurama and ALL OTHER SHOWS EVER!!!!!) but not many other people watch stargate and that makes me sad. especially when i respond by saying "don't say ka til you've tried it" and nobody gets it

Comment

My mum was on the phone the other day telling me all her news about getting central heating etc, and all I could talk about was the new forum!!! She, of course, had no idea what I was talking about. I think I need help!
            sigpic

Comment

my friends give me the hardest time because often in conversation i will make a stargate reference and they all look at me like ive grown a second head lol

Comment

My friends say to me that I need professional help. And they are always making fun (friendly fun ) of me about my addiction to stargate.

Check this out:
                I study computer science. Sadly my laptop recently died on me (he's kinda old ) and I kept saying to my friends that I had put my laptop in the sarcophagus , but with no result. I guess it was its time. Hey! Maybe it ascendend!
                :: How Would You Feel About Life If Death Was Your Older Sister? ::

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjin
                  My friends say to me that I need professional help. And they are always making fun (friendly fun ) of me about my addiction to stargate.

Check this out:
                  I study computer science. Sadly my laptop recently died on me (he's kinda old ) and I kept saying to my friends that I had put my laptop in the sarcophagus , but with no result. I guess it was its time. Hey! Maybe it ascendend!
                  Hehehehe You really need help!!!! ROFL
                  sigpic

Comment

Check this out:
                    see now i think thats funny. of course if you actually start to believe that your laptop ascended, i'd start to worry. if that happens just keep it to yourself.

Comment

Hehe. Well I'll try to control myself And i'm taking the laptop to a friend of mine to see if he can fix it. Perhaps my friend has the healing power of the ancients and i can have my old, but sweet, laptop back Or perhaps he might descend, or fall, hehe Getting a little too much into the spirit of the thing. *Kenjin tries to control himself*

I also, from time to time, start talking out loud, by myself, saying stargate quotes I love. Sometimes I remember something about some ep, and I start laughing and my friends around start staring at me. Well, they know how I am.
                      :: How Would You Feel About Life If Death Was Your Older Sister? ::

Comment

Hehe. Well I'll try to control myself And i'm taking the laptop to a friend of mine to see if he can fix it. Perhaps my friend has the healing power of the ancients and i can have my old, but sweet, laptop back Or perhaps he might descend, or fall, hehe Getting a little too much into the spirit of the thing. *Kenjin tries to control himself*

I also, from time to time, start talking out loud, by myself, saying stargate quotes I love. Sometimes I remember something about some ep, and I start laughing and my friends around start staring at me. Well, they know how I am.
                        ya know if your laptop does descend it'll lose all its memory.
                        fortunately for me i have a stargate friend whose nearly as sad as i am. so i can get the bulk of my SG references out that way. still though, i can't control with other "normal" non-addicted people. so instead i try to convert as many as i can!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          My mum was on the phone the other day telling me all her news about getting central heating etc, and all I could talk about was the new forum!!! She, of course, had no idea what I was talking about. I think I need help!
                          That was me today at work...Since I wasn't able to hook up with my Stargate buddies until lunch all those around me got to hear all about this cool new forum....they were all like.."what????? Like I DON'T talk about StarGate all the rest of the time...D'uh??
                          Let me know what meetings you are going to and I will ride along
                          StarGate Anonymous here we come
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

When there's nothing going on, I'll start to debate stargate stuff in my head. Hmmm.... what would happen if you walked into a stargate backward?

It's when people around me ask what I'm talking about and I realize that I just verbalized my last thought that I know I've gone too far

Okay so it hasn't actually gotten that bad yet.
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Ah, and then there was last week at a party (when I was slightly tipsy... ) when I found some guys talking about SG-1 and got into an arguement with some guy about the Atlantis uniforms!

Comment

Working...
                              X