This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The war with the Goa'uld

Is it me or has this reached a point where it needs to be finished very quickly and dramtically? I mean it began with this really dangerous enemy that must be destroyed at all costs... but now, whenever they win another almost identical Goa'uld leader steps forward. And now that there are so many wars between the Goa'ulds they seem far less threatening!

Anyone also think the T'okra are a huge let down as well?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

i think the ptb new this problem and solved it with anubis but for the most part yeah they dont seem too menecing these days as for a quick ending i dont think so one of the reasons they may seem less menecing is that they've been around for such a long time and we are use to having them about.

Comment

We hardly ever see them anymore, that is a big factor why we think they are cute, not scary anymore.

A few episodes focusing on Goa'uld concouring and some really nasty action would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
        i think the ptb new this problem and solved it with anubis but for the most part yeah they dont seem too menecing these days as for a quick ending i dont think so one of the reasons they may seem less menecing is that they've been around for such a long time and we are use to having them about.
        I never really felt Anubis was that menacing. He was just too OTT and he had too many huge plans, which meant that he couldn't win. He was scary when all we knew was that he scared Yu, but after he turned up he was just another System Lord...In a cloak!

Even the half-Ascended thing didn't help, because it didn't give him an edge. There was never any time when they might have had him but for his half-and-half nature, and he didn't act any differently; he just had a bunch of kewl toys, and Sokar and Apophis both had plenty of those.

I do agree that the war against the Goa'uld needs some resolution, but any kind of overwhelming victory wouldn't fly. There's just too many of them. I think that the only way for them to finish this with any credibility would be for the SGC to aid a faction of less-appalling Goa'uld (such as Lord Yu and his allies) in taking control of the remaining Goa'uld territories and then reaching some fragile accord (possibly under the impetus of some external threat). Anything else would feel too deus ex machina.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The war with the Goa'uld has gone on for a long time. There was Apophis, Sokar, Anubis, Ball, Yu and many others. Anubis had a advantage with his Ancient knowledge. Fortunately for Earth, they managed to defend themselves. Now, as stated Ball is taking the lead as the next top 'leader'

Perhaps the Rebel Jeffa and the Tok'ra should do something like destroy the entire force of the system lords. Build a weapon that the Goa'uld will be AFRAID of and hide themselves
          __

__

Comment

the war with the goa'uld cant be won by us trying to destroy them all.. that'd b like driving a species to extinction..it takes a while for us to do that on our own planet to defenceless animals, imagine the task of killing off all goa'uld across the galaxy, while theyre tryin to wipe us out too!.. the best we can hope to do is diminish their numbers so the ones who do take hosts arent a threat...mayb even make it so they cant take hosts and live and die as just snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
              Perhaps the Rebel Jeffa and the Tok'ra should do something like destroy the entire force of the system lords. Build a weapon that the Goa'uld will be AFRAID of and hide themselves
              See above re deus ex machina. I mean, what did you have in mind? If the Tok'ra had the ability to wipe out the System Lords and/or their armies, they would have done it. Their methods are all built around their not being able to do so. The nearest they had was the Goa'uld-killer poison, which they tried to use but failed.

The Rebel Jaffa remain a fairly small force, compared to those who remain loyal, and they are no match for Ba'al's kull warriors. Moreover, they're not really technical types - forbidden all knowledge of Goa'uld magic and all - and so are unlikely to come up with any sudden technical breakthroughs.

Moreover, how would it work if the Tok'ra or Rebel Jaffa were to succeed in this laudable aim? Would they just call the SGC one morning and say, "by the way; don't worry about the Goa'uld any more"? It's not much of a story, and since they've made it clear they'll be doing their own thing for a while they aren't likely to come back to the table if they have the key to defeating the Goa'uld.

Comment

I think season 8 would be a good season for the freed Jaffa to rebel against the Goa'uld. This would make the 'war' more interesting. From what I read on Gateworld...
                .Spoiler Space

Baal is going to step up to where Anubis was, controling his army of super jaffa and such, and earth is going to call on Yu and some other System Lords to help out. That's just dumb. Give those rebel Jaffa a chance to get revenge, I say.

Comment

SPOILERS Season 8 (and everything before too)

Well, since Baal is taking over Anubis' base of power by using his Kull Warriors, to stop him all they need to do is destroy the Kull Warrior facility on Tartarus, Baal wouldn't know how to rebuild half the stuff there. His remaining warriors would die out and the System Lords would be reduced to nothing...

Think about it, Anubis stole most of their ships, using his warrirors, and then they got blown up by Jack, so without significant ships or Kull Warriors, they're reduced to Jaffa, whose loyalty would become less and less as their masters' power was reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                    SPOILERS Season 8 (and everything before too)

Well, since Baal is taking over Anubis' base of power by using his Kull Warriors, to stop him all they need to do is destroy the Kull Warrior facility on Tartarus, Baal wouldn't know how to rebuild half the stuff there. His remaining warriors would die out and the System Lords would be reduced to nothing...
                    Well, sure; if that's all Ba'al's got, but I doubt it. He's clearly smarter than your average snake. He had that whole secret gravity weapons base, which probably means he has more than one. His use of covert operatives - albeit not terribly reliable ones - also suggests that he doesn't play by the old rules.

All the evidence points to Ba'al being clever as well as ruthless; resourceful and well-equipped, even without the kull warriors. I mean, for starters once the kulls are gone you can always just suit up a few of your more reliable Jaffa and/or Goa'uld warleader in those sweet armour suits and still do some pretty serious damage.

And actually, none of those seem to conveniently just drop dead since the SGC learned how to kill them. They're supposed to just die of heart stress after a pretty short interval, but that one seemed to be chasing Sam across the planet for quite a while.

Comment

No! I don't want the Goa'uld to be killed off! The Goa'uld rule! But in Atlantis there are no Goa’ulds. Or so I believe.

And besides. There are still are many different varieties of things that can happen with the Goa’uld.

Comment

Originally posted by Baal
                        No! I don't want the Goa'uld to be killed off! The Goa'uld rule! But in Atlantis there are no Goa’ulds. Or so I believe.
                        Atlantis is in another galaxy; the Goa'uld never went intergalactic.

Well, except Apophis and that was just that one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          Well, sure; if that's all Ba'al's got, but I doubt it. He's clearly smarter than your average snake. He had that whole secret gravity weapons base, which probably means he has more than one. His use of covert operatives - albeit not terribly reliable ones - also suggests that he doesn't play by the old rules.

All the evidence points to Ba'al being clever as well as ruthless; resourceful and well-equipped, even without the kull warriors. I mean, for starters once the kulls are gone you can always just suit up a few of your more reliable Jaffa and/or Goa'uld warleader in those sweet armour suits and still do some pretty serious damage.

And actually, none of those seem to conveniently just drop dead since the SGC learned how to kill them. They're supposed to just die of heart stress after a pretty short interval, but that one seemed to be chasing Sam across the planet for quite a while.
                          Well the one that did die had just finished off an entire battlefield of Jaffa, while the one chasing Sam killed Lt. Glen and that was it

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            Well the one that did die had just finished off an entire battlefield of Jaffa, while the one chasing Sam killed Lt. Glen and that was it
                            Yeah, but do you want to go for a jog in that armour?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              Yeah, but do you want to go for a jog in that armour?
                              Maybe he kept taking breaks?

Comment

Working...
                              X