This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 8 Direction

So there are 8 episodes with info so far, but with the exception of the opening two-parter, they all seem to be standalone episodes. I'm just wondering if there has been any info on the direction the season is supposed to take.

Season 7, with its many independent episodes, still had a purpose of discovering the Ancients "Lost City", has there been any word on what they're doing this year under Jack's command?

Generally the start of the season would have more standalone, but..

SPOILERS Season 8 and before

Well, Lockdown isn't really standalone, nor Zero Hour. Covenant seems to be setting up a plotline for the season. So the standalones would be Affinity, Avatar and Icon.

Comment

Spoiler
      OK I can see where you are coming from there, but I guess I'm wondering if its going to be focused on Ba'al or will they be tying the season in more with Atlantis to bring fans over to that show who aren't quite as avid viewers as the gateworld visitors are.

Comment

what i heard long ago was that they would bring in a new enemy, hopefully the alians from grace love to find out more about them

Comment

Personally, I prefer stand-alone episodes. A general season-long arc is good for continuity, and a couple two-parters are always good for a little healthy suspense but as I look back at all the episodes over the last seven years, I have to say that my favorites tend to be stand-alones.

Season 8 SPOILERS below
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          "
          For some reason I was thinking that the wraith was going to cross over into SG-1. Probably an assumption on my part. It seems like they might be dealing with Baal in the first part of the season . . .

-tera'ngan
          nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
            what i heard long ago was that they would bring in a new enemy, hopefully the alians from grace love to find out more about them
            i swear their ship resembled the Aschen harvesters... we know theyre pissed off with us already so thats reason enough to attack.

Comment

I wrote a big (ok, not very big ) article on who could be the bad guys for Season 8, I sent it to Darren who said he'd have a look, but no reply. I can handle rejection you know!

SPOILERS Atlantis

Brad Wright did say that the Wraith would find out about the Milky Way...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                I wrote a big (ok, not very big ) article on who could be the bad guys for Season 8, I sent it to Darren who said he'd have a look, but no reply. I can handle rejection you know!

SPOILERS Atlantis

Really? When did he say that? That should be intersesting if the Wraith decide to come to our part of the Galaxy, I wonder what the Goa'uld and Asgard would have to say to that!

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                  Really? When did he say that? That should be intersesting if the Wraith decide to come to our part of the Galaxy, I wonder what the Goa'uld and Asgard would have to say to that!

Ace
                  Check the thread about a new episode of Atlantis in the Atlantis forum, I think Wass started it...

Comment

Sorry about that misread your post...I thought you said the Wraith Come to our galaxy. Not find out! My fault

Ace
                    Last edited by Ace; 03 May 2004, 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling error
                    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c

SPOILERS Atlantis

Damn it are yo saying they know about our chocolate bars!!!!

Comment

SPOILER SPACE S8
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        :
                        <<The Wraith would find out about the Milky Way>>

Find out or attack??? You gotta wonder, cuz most things evil like their total domination to encompass everything... of course the Wraith could be settlers or just lazy...
                        I'd be really curious to see if they come for a visit, but I don't think that will happen until about season 2 or 3 of Atlantis, and (God willing) that will mean season 9 or 10 of SG1. (OK...At least I don't WANT it to happen until then... I think it would be more plausible and less like they just fell back on the SGC for a story line..you know?)
                        - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
                        THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
                        BM: "Aren't they all?"
                        www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
                        www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

Stand alones are good IMO, having arcs that stretch across seasons can get a bit repetative sometimes, varieties good!!

And now I'm totally craving a Milky Way, mmm...chocolate!
                          I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

I actually doubt the Wraith would be coming to our galaxy sometime in Season 2 or 3 of Atlantis unless the series was doing poorly. Usually if something is doing bad/consuming the budget Sci-Fi will tell whoever is doing it to wrap it up pretty much. That was the case with Lexx and Farscape when they were playing on Sci-Fi.

Though I think it would be neat if they managed to get here and the Goa'uld started blowing them to bits.
                            sigpic

Comment

I doubt the goa'uld would blow the wraith to bits.... Aren't the wraith supposedly more powerful than the Ancients?
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X