This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different models of Zat'nik'atal

Are there more than one type of zat'nik'atal? As in different looking props.
    When the orginaly appeared at the end of season one they fired long streams of energy but nower days they seem to fire short pulses.

The also look different. On is just three sticks with hinges, the later model appears to be a many segement "U" between the handel and the cobra part.

Is this just me? Or are there more that one style of zat'nik'atal?
    Last edited by Crazedwraith; 02 May 2004, 11:56 AM. Reason: Typos i have always have to crush some why can't i just type it right to begin with? :(
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
    When the orginnaly appeared aty the end os season one they fired long streams of energy but nower days they seem to fire short pulses.

The also look different. On is just three sticks with hinges, the later model appears to be a many segement "U" between the handel and the cobra part.

well as far as the energy blasts go im pretty sure they are different. i think it might be a production cost thin since they use them so often. the first blasts were longe greenish blue streams with smaller streams of energy cascading around the central blast. now it is just a blue quick burst. its probably cheaper for them to do just the quick unclear blue burst.

as far as the design goes, i dont know i havnt notced a difference but ill have to go back and check

Comment

i belive that they may have changed the zats. at the end of sesean one whaen they fired the zat the head would recoil, now it doesn't.

Comment

to save the sholvah the hassle, i'll have a go- mabe the zats just need a recharge. like in season one, all the zats liberated had full liquid naquida things, and now the ones they have and find are all a bit low on the power front?

as for the props..umm... its optical warping... due to light from venus refecting off of swamp gas...uhh.. yeah, thats it.
        Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Penance
          as for the props..umm... its optical warping... due to light from venus refecting off of swamp gas...uhh.. yeah, thats it.

Did the Zats used to be attachable to Jaffa armour as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz

Did the Zats used to be attachable to Jaffa armour as well?
            no the jaffa carry their zats in a holster on their left forearm.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              no the jaffa carry their zats in a holster on their left forearm.
              Properly the peffect place to throw off your aim when use in a staff weapon
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Properly the peffect place to throw off your aim when use in a staff weapon
                well its not like staffs are that acurate to begin with so what does it matter? i have always thought that it was a weird place to holster a weapon, it just seems really ackward

Comment

Well the Jaffa have been sh*t since the Zats appeared, maybe you found the root of the problem

Comment

Going from memory (I haven't watched Season 2 in soooooo long) the only time I can remember zat blasts being the long blue-green colour is WtSG/tSL, in which case I put it down to the lighting on the ship.

Comment

in the feature film, the jaffa of ra had another weapon holstered on their hip, that no other system lord has ever used...

Comment

in the feature film, the jaffa of ra had another weapon holstered on their hip, that no other system lord has ever used...
                        are you talking about that fan type thing with the jackal head on it? i think that was just some kind of blade weapon or just ornamentation

Comment

i cant quite remember. my dvd is in storage at the moment.

Comment

i cant quite remember. my dvd is in storage at the moment.
                            i just pulled up the scene on my dvd. the scene where ferreti gets knocked down and has the anubis gaurd over him shows it clearly. there is a handle like thing in the shape of some kind of animal head, i think its a jackal and hangin under that is a curved peice of metal that looks like a half sun and has stripes on it it doesnt look sharp or even particularly like a weapon so i think it is ornamental

Comment

When the orginaly appeared at the end of season one they fired long streams of energy but nower days they seem to fire short pulses.

Ya,i just saw some episodes from the end of season 1 to the beginning of season 2 and saw the zat.when they shot off the zat the blue stuff was light blue now it is dark blue. ihave no idea y they changed it.

Hallowed are the orii especially orii7

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Working...
                              X