This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Story Are You Most Proud Of ?

If you are an author what fic are you proudest of? And why?
    Honk if you love cheese

Wow, what a question...

Well, there is the first one I wrote - I cringe when I read it now, but I'm proud of it because I think it's a good idea and it works well.

Then I'm proud that I wrote a half-way convincing ship-fic. Even though I absolutely don't see ship.

Actually, the one I'm most proud of is about a character who has about 5 minutes screentime max in COTG then vanishes. No idea why though.

Edited to add: man, I forgot this. "HONK!"
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Right Back Atcha, Dude.
      The fic that I'm most proud of is probably the one that I'm in the final stages of completing. Kudos to Rural who nitpicked my head from out of my arse and made the whole thing fit smoothly.
      Honk if you love cheese

Comment

going to post it at GateWorld?

sigpic

Comment

I finally followed that boot to Major Clanger's website. I read "Inter Nos, Ourselves" with great enjoyment. It was a perfect example of Jack/Daniel verbal interplay. I have to admit I became terrified as to what the question might be, but you did not disappoint. You stayed true to character all the way through.

Oh, and it's quite funny, too!
          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Oh, I forgot, I'm writing a fiction too, in the form of a script. I know the beginning and end, but I'm stuck in the middle. Now I'm inspired to get it done.

Thank goodness, I graduated to Prim'tah. I hate being a larval symbiote. I though I registered wrong or something, but Darrin patiently explained to me that if I worked hard, I would move up in rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
              I read "Inter Nos, Ourselves" with great enjoyment. It was a perfect example of Jack/Daniel verbal interplay. I have to admit I became terrified as to what the question might be, but you did not disappoint. You stayed true to character all the way through.

Oh, and it's quite funny, too!
              *blush*
              thanks... carry on like that and you'll be taking a host before you know it

sigpic

Comment

Haven't written a lot of fics, except for fluffy meaningless ones.

Funny one: Food Server Diaries- Because hey, it's about Luke. It was also lots of fun to write. Like MC, I caught sight of a character who was only onscreen for a total of about 46 seconds and I was completely inspired. hehe.

Serious one: Lesser of Two- Because it wasn't easy to write and it wasn't an easy story to try and tell but it felt a little more "true" to me than what we were given in Metamorphosis.

Comment

the Food Server Diaries is hilarious. Love the Abydos stuff!

sigpic

Comment

At the moment, I actually finished a novel length story. Nothing may ever happen with it, but i now know, for a fact, that I am capable of writing a novel, and that's a great feeling

Prior to that, I can't really think of any one fic in specific but in general, i played around in a lot of AU's for zines both this year and last year. For me....writing in canon is relatively easy. I know how jack will react in a given situation, or i can make a pretty good guess.

But by going AU, i take him or any other character out of those comfortable little slots i've put them in and explored something different, and it was a good feeling and something I hope folks have enjoyed in the zines (or on the net in a month or so, when they're off moratorium)
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm most proud of my first fic, a novella focusing on Jack. I desperately wanted to see some character development of Jack after so little in S4-7 that I took matters into my own hands.

It's called "I Am a Rock, I Am an Island", and can be found at http://www.stargatefan.com/fictiondj/IAmaRockIsland.htm along with my other works.

Jack and the gang are intrigued by the search for a mysterious female warrior who keeps disappearing after killing Goauld and curing the immune systems of their Jaffa, freeing them. When Jack finally meets the warrior, she's not quite the icon Jack visualized. Instead, she's got big emotional issues, ones that mirror some of Jack's. By pairing them for a while, I was able to address indirectly some of Jack's emotional issues. (Read my lips: true to canon, he doesn't emote unnecessarily or much in my stories! I like snarky, funny Jack dialogue.) Daniel plays a big supporting role in the story.

One of the things I most enjoyed in writing the story was trying to weave in story ideas used in SG-1 that I wanted visited in more depth or to see followed up. Among these were: Goa'uld killing toxins / methods (Tok'ra poison, Machello's bugs, and Aaschen bioweapon); ways to cure Jaffa immune systems and the consequences if they were cured; post-Abyss issues of Jack (Post traumatic stress? depression?); pre-Abydos issues of Jack (suicidal tendencies, depression).

Yes, it's long!! But I poured a lot into it, and got a lot out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                        *blush*
                        thanks... carry on like that and you'll be taking a host before you know it
                        Noooo! You can't make me!!!...Uh, is that good? This ranking thing is a little confusing. Is there a list?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Haven't written a lot of fics, except for fluffy meaningless ones.

Funny one: Food Server Diaries- Because hey, it's about Luke. It was also lots of fun to write. Like MC, I caught sight of a character who was only onscreen for a total of about 46 seconds and I was completely inspired. hehe.

Much Kudos for that, I loved it!

geeky

Comment

[QUOTE=ShadowMaat]Haven't written a lot of fics, except for fluffy meaningless ones.

I read it. Very funny! I couldn't wait to get to lemon chicken!

You should post his diary every week on Gateworld.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                              You should post his diary every week on Gateworld.
                              Tempting... but I'm not planning to watch S8 and I think it works better to wait until the season is over so I can develop any necessary arcs- set things up, move stuff around, plan the right menu...

I can say that if I do get around to writing another sequel, there will be some very... interesting developments.

Comment

Working...
                              X