This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How About A Video Game?

When are we going to get a killer SG-1 video game?

I'm sure I read somewhere that there's one in the making as we speak.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping that we're gonna be getting it next year. I'm actually really surprised that someone hasn't already thought of doing one cos of the massive range of worlds that are featured in the series and could be transferred to a game. I mean, the game could open with The Children of the Gods and then go on from there, with players able to choose worlds that they can go to, preparing and being briefed and such. It could be such a cool game! I'm just hoping that they aren't gonna make a lame one though....that would be such a shame after all of the waiting fans have had to be put through.
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
        I'm hoping that we're gonna be getting it next year. I'm actually really surprised that someone hasn't already thought of doing one cos of the massive range of worlds that are featured in the series and could be transferred to a game. I mean, the game could open with The Children of the Gods and then go on from there, with players able to choose worlds that they can go to, preparing and being briefed and such. It could be such a cool game! I'm just hoping that they aren't gonna make a lame one though....that would be such a shame after all of the waiting fans have had to be put through.
        there was a story on gateworld about amonth ago about this. some australian, i think, company got the rights to make a stargate game but im not holding my breath because im fully expecting it to be a disappointment. there is so much massive potential for a game based on stargate that it would be to much to hope that they will get it right. im not much for MMORPG but the potential stargate has to be one is insane. if they made it so that you could actually dial the gate and go where you wanted it would be awesome. even if they only programmed like 50 planets to start they could keep adding on with updates and expansions, the possibilities are endless. but alas no company will ever fully utilize its potential and we are probably going to be left with a lame pathetic game that will cost 50 buck and not be worth the 2 cents.

Comment

the very fact that ther is so much detail the writers/producers/direcors put in, makes it harder to work with, because the whole project looks so dauntingly big!
          Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

yeah but if they start small, say ten or so worlds available at first but then regularly have updates and expansions for it to add additional worlds i think it could work. i know i wouldnt mind having it me small at first as long as i was sure that there was more comming later. financially it would be a good move for the company. if they charge 30 bucks or so for the first game and it had a decent number of worlds and freedom and missions i wouldnt mind paying 15 dollars every six months for additional expansion packs that added say ten or so new worlds and races and stuff. it gives them a long term goal and lets them spread the project out. they dont have to worry about getting everything in the first time.

Comment

To make it possible for us to get the best Stargate game possible it would have to be made by a true Stargate fan!
              I'm not getting too excited about this new game that is being made but i'll definately be buying it cause it may turn out to be better than we all expect....

I really hope it will have a bit of freedom in it though e.g being able to choose which planet to go to and interact with things around the SGC and other stuff. Not having to follow the plot all the wah through.

Sam x

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                I really hope it will have a bit of freedom in it though e.g being able to choose which planet to go to and interact with things around the SGC and other stuff. Not having to follow the plot all the wah through.

Sam x
                The main thing I'm hoping for from this game is the ability to go around the SGC and see all the people and various levels in there. The main problem with most games (I think) is that there isn't very much freedom or exploring elements to them. For Stargate there is huge potential. I mean, the SGC is pretty big and there are some areas that we haven't seen on-screen yet that could be featured in the game. Also, control of the dialling computer would be cool too! That way you could anywhere and do anything, like an RPG or something. Hoping it's not online either cos that'd just be lame I think.
                "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                  Hoping it's not online either cos that'd just be lame I think.
                  i dont know if done properly it could be cool to form a team and go exploring through the gate. If they had like no real set missions in online mode, you could just go to other worlds and explore. some could be goa'uld worlds and some friendly, stuff like that. they would have to have dozens if not hundreds of worlds available for that though, or atleast continually add new worlds. i think that would be awesome! it just has to be done right, otherwise yes it could tyrn out lame

Comment

I'm not that excited for it, it's not for the GameCube so screw it. Plus it's based on a TV show / movie so it will suck anyways.
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

There's a lot of potential there for it to be an online MMORPG but I think a single player RPG-type thing would be better. Or even a first person shooter. That'd be cool.....

The developers have just got to be really careful with what they decide to put in and leave out otherwise it's just gonna suck. Also there should be a multiplayer co-op mode in it too methinks. That could make missions all the more fun!

Comment

Here's a couple of links about the game in development:
                        “Perception and MGM Interactive Inc. announce the licensing of “Stargate SG-1™” video game titles

”Sydney, Australia; Rottenmann, Austria - Perception PTY Ltd. and MGM Interactive Inc., a unit of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc. (NYSE:MGM) announce today that they have entered into a licensing agreement to develop videogames based on the hit TV series “Stargate SG-1.”

”As part of the agreement, Australian developer Perception PTY Ltd. will develop videogames based on the current TV series “Stargate SG-1” and any spin-off series such as the upcoming “Stargate: Atlantis.” Perception PTY licensed the rights to develop “Stargate SG-1” videogames from MGM Interactive.

http://www.perception.com.au/home.html

From New.com.au:

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...5E1702,00.html

Computer whiz gets $11.5m deal
                        April 15, 2004

A COMPUTER whiz has pulled off an $11.5 million deal to develop computer games based on the television science fiction series Stargate SG-1.

more at the link above
                        Nola
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the best use of the SG IP is to do a Rainbow Six style game....

Comment

or to make everyone happy, a single player offline rpg, with online mulitplayer capabilities, where you can select team based missions, or free for all slaughter.
                            Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                              I'm not that excited for it, it's not for the GameCube
                              LOL i'm with you. GameCube's all I got too. But unless you're accessing this site from a public computer, you will be able to play the game! It's for PC too!

Comment

Working...
                              X