This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenges

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here. I was a lurker at the old forums for ages, but now I've decided to tentatively dip my toes in the water, so to speak. Anyway, I have a question. Please forgive me if this is not the right place to ask this.

Does anyone know where I can find fanfic challenges? Not to read, but ones I can write for. I know Heliopolis used to have a huge list of challenges, but it seems to have disappeared from the newly-designed version. So, any other suggestions? I'm not interested in any ship challenges, by the way. I only write gen.

Thank you.

-Kay Brooke

I didn't realise they had gone from Helio. In that case, we could use this thread for challenges? if anyone is up for that.

And, welcome to the forum, i'm always happy to see someone de-lurk. I opened a Welcome New Members thread in the off topic, if you want to post there and introduce yourself?

You never know, we may even find those people who used to do the Newbie Dance...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Helio is currently in a state of flux while the webmistress bounces off walls. It seems that the pressure of running that site as a one-woman show is beginning to tell.

So how would the challenge thing work in this forum? Just open submission and keep it clean? Post the story or the URL when you're done?
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
        Helio is currently in a state of flux while the webmistress bounces off walls. It seems that the pressure of running that site as a one-woman show is beginning to tell.
        It's a massive undertaking.

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
        So how would the challenge thing work in this forum? Just open submission and keep it clean? Post the story or the URL when you're done?
        Sounds like a plan to me. But not posting the story, just the URL. Posting a whole fic (especially one of your 29 part jobbies ) would take up too much space.

So, we'd have to say: keep it PG or make sure that there is a BIG WARNING when you post your fic.

And let's try to keep it at least half way sensible?

Any takers?

On second thoughts... nah, it doesn't have to be sensible.

I'm all out of plot bunnies right now, although I wouldn't mind something involving Harry and Jack...
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
          I'm all out of plot bunnies right now, although I wouldn't mind something involving Harry and Jack...
          Ask and you shall receive, O System Lordly One:

All new and exciting Gateworld Forums fic challenge #1:

A story featuring Harry Maybourne and Jack, set in Season 8; involvement of the rest of SG-1 should be lesser than Jack's but not incidental.

The story must include:
          • Maybourne is on a mission for the Tok'ra
          • Jack accuses Maybourne of 'scaling new depths' (sic)
          • Sam and Daniel argue about cinema
          • Maybourne spends an entire scene laughing at Jack while Jack tells him to shut up
          • Maybourne says: "I offered, but they didn't want me."
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Hi! Was wondering if anyone was interested in doing a J/S story with my favourite song of all time "The Scientist" by Coldplay? I'll leave it up to you as to the plot, the song is my only condition, oh and please don't kill them!!!
            Last edited by chevroneight; 04 May 2004, 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling :-s
            meh

Comment

A challenge:

Set between Tin Man and Double Jeopardy, the SG-1 robots, in their explorations, find a group of Goa'uld who seem different, somehow, and Jacob is spotted in their midst.

No matter what else happens in the story, SG-1(robots) and Jacob never actually meet.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
              X