This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite ships and ship discussion

Hey i was just wondering what everyones favorite ships (space ships!) are and why and what they think of other ships.

I personally love the Asgard's O'Neill class mothership. We never got to see its true capabilities and i would love to see some of them in season 8. Especially since thor said that it was the first asgard ship designed specifically to fight the replicators Id like to see how it surpasses other asgard ships.

On the prometheus: A lot of people have said that they dont like it because it is ugly and weak. I think that for our first time building a battleship it is an awesome ship. Its not as sleek and streamlined as an Asgard ship or as impressive as a ha'tak but come on we cant afford to waste time effort and trinium making our first generation of starships look pretty. Yes it is very utilitarian looking but i like the look. It has a no nonsense attitude about it that makes it pretty impressive.

Originally posted by spg_1983
    Hey i was just wondering what everyones favorite ships (space ships!) are and why and what they think of other ships.

I personally love the Asgard's O'Neill class mothership. We never got to see its true capabilities and i would love to see some of them in season 8. Especially since thor said that it was the first asgard ship designed specifically to fight the replicators Id like to see how it surpasses other asgard ships.

On the prometheus: A lot of people have said that they dont like it because it is ugly and weak. I think that for our first time building a battleship it is an awesome ship. Its not as sleek and streamlined as an Asgard ship or as impressive as a ha'tak but come on we cant afford to waste time effort and trinium making our first generation of starships look pretty. Yes it is very utilitarian looking but i like the look. It has a no nonsense attitude about it that makes it pretty impressive.
    I also like the Prometheus and the O'Neill, howver there's one ship that is SOOO BEAUTIFUL.... Martins ship! Such a sexbomb!

The Asgard should also get beamweapons. Although they are less powerful they have more + then -.

Comment

Well the Prometheus is a beautiful ship, soooo nowadays... and it's far from weak

But I'm a sucker for an Al'kesh, what I wouldn't do to get my hands on one of those babies

Comment

The Al'Kesh is also really nice. Dunno why BC-303:s doesn't use Al'kesh cannons... a few of those babys and BOOM gliders.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          I also like the Prometheus and the O'Neill, howver there's one ship that is SOOO BEAUTIFUL.... Martins ship! Such a sexbomb!

The Asgard should also get beamweapons. Although they are less powerful they have more + then -.
          oh yeah i had completely forgotten about martins ship! that was so cool! the whole rotating thing! id like to see how that ship is in battle since it is a war ship. i hope we here from those guys again.

Comment

The Al'Kesh is also really nice. Dunno why BC-303:s doesn't use Al'kesh cannons... a few of those babys and BOOM gliders.
            well the asgard gave us some weapons they desogned for the prometheus so i bet they are better than an alkesh's cannons.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              well the asgard gave us some weapons they desogned for the prometheus so i bet they are better than an alkesh's cannons.
              And how often have we seen those weapons?

The Asgard weapons use alot of power, and that power is usually used for Shields.

So having weapons with individual powersources are good. Although I'm not sure the Al'kesh has ind. power for weapons. But I'm sure a Naquadah Generator can power them!

Comment

The Asgard weapons use alot of power, and that power is usually used for Shields.

So having weapons with individual powersources are good. Although I'm not sure the Al'kesh has ind. power for weapons. But I'm sure a Naquadah Generator can power them!
                Try Lost City

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                  Try Lost City
                  oh no! not this discussion again! i thought that this ended on the old board! lets not go there and keep it just about ships in general and not have it turn specifically into a debate about whether or not prommie fired earth or asgard weapons
                  Last edited by spg_1983; 02 May 2004, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Greetings,
                    As far as starships are concerned, I am pleased with the Goa'uld Tel'tak and Ha'tak vessels. As I am Goa'uld, I have to say that
                    But as far as design goes, they are the most efficient and the designs of both these vessels would allow a more stable entry and exit to Hyperspace.
                    THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
                    AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
                    AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

O'Neill!!

Also A pic i saw of what the "Upgrades" battleship would have been when completed rocked.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        Try Lost City
                        The Prometheus was firing conventional anti-aircraft guns and missiles in "Lost City." If they had Asgard weapons we didn't see them used.

-Matt
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The O'Neill rocked. The Promethus isn't a wonderful ship but it is pretty cool for what it can do

Hope to see great new powerful ships in season eight
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                            The Prometheus was firing conventional anti-aircraft guns and missiles in "Lost City." If they had Asgard weapons we didn't see them used.

-Matt
                            I don't know why I always end up saying this, but there are two scenes where you can clearly see the blue bolts of the Asgard weapons. (One is just before it takes off for Anubis I think)

Comment

I love Asgard ships! Specially the O'Neill! Their ships look sleek and their silver and they just rock!
                              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                              X