This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Against Pete

Okay, here's a thread to discuss your *negative* feelings and thoughts on Pete (PS). My feelings....

Spoiler space for S7 Chimera

R. E. S. P. E. C. T.

Did PS show that to Sam in the ep?

Was PS really good for Sam?

To answer the first question: no. He did at first, but as soon as he left her bed and immediately called his friend to check up on her, he stopped being respectful in my opinion. That really was the beginning of it. If he'd just gotten back in bed with her and discussed how hard this was for him... but he didn't, and it went downhill from there.

Answering the second question: yes and no. Yes, because Sam was happy *for a while*. She got to relax and have fun. No, because as soon as he started pressuring her, it wasn't good for her anymore.

The end just boggles the mind in what it was putting forth. I never thought I'd see Sam accepting disrespectful behavior. I never thought I'd see this guy getting clearance to be told everything, especially by what he did to get to that point.

As an S/J shipper, there's nothing that can be done to erase Chimera and the pain it caused me. As a Sam fan, though, I'd like to see PS's behavior being dealt with next season.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Spoiler space...
    Okay...for me I had no problem with PS being a good time for Sam...it was nice to see her flirty and smiling and just plain relaxed...but like you said Sally, when he got out of the bed and began to be demanding...using her *need* for some sort of *outside* life against her..well I was just in shock! PS tried to manipulate her in that moment to give into what he was demanding regardless of the fact that she had just stated that she would get into trouble.
    Then to further emotionally manipulate her...well that is totally unjustifiable in my book, no one should ever get away with that! Then he said he had to go back to Denver..leading Sam to believe he was leaving her and that was that.......then proceeds to call the FBI and then follow her to the stake out.

I feel that by telling PS everything at the end Sam was accepting all of this basically emotionally abusive behavior. When she was calling him from the lab...she thought he had driven back to Denver and he wasn't going to be back until she opened up and that if the relationship didn't work it was ALL her fault.

At no time did the episode address what a schmuck he was...lying, sneaking, using, manipulating....I could go on...but this IS a PG forum

This episode was so painful that I will not name it I too am a S/J shipper and I know that it was even harder knowing that Jack would NEVER had done any of these things to Sam.......But that is for another thread
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Spoiler Space S7 Chimera

Pete not only disrepected Sam when he left her bed, he was mean. Pete intentionally hurt Sam for his own selfishness. The night before Pete was talking about being together forever then the next morning he leaves!

Pete seems like a fun guy for Sam but she went too far too fast without really knowing Pete. I want to see Sam happy but with a gentleman that will treat her like the lady she is.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        Okay, here's a thread to discuss your *negative* feelings and thoughts on Pete (PS). My feelings....

Spoiler space for S7 Chimera

The end just boggles the mind in what it was putting forth. I never thought I'd see Sam accepting disrespectful behavior. I never thought I'd see this guy getting clearance to be told everything, especially by what he did to get to that point.
        That whole scene just seemed really, really odd to me. Not only because it was out of character for Carter, but the fact that she was even given permission to tell him still amazes me. He should have been reprimanded, not rewarded.

Even without all the checking up he did on her (At first I actually thought he was one of Kinsey's Lackeys or something), the way the relationship was played out just didn't seem right... probably due to a complete lack of anything remotely resembling passion.

I just hope I'm right in thinking that this nightmare of a subplot was devised as a medium to further the Sam/Jack storyline.

Comment

I have to agree with everyone here. Aside from the terrible way he treated Sam, it was the ending that really got me throwing stuff at my tv!!! Why, oh why does he get to know everything about the Stargate programme, when the likes of Sam's brother etc don't get told anything?
          sigpic

Comment

i don't like the guy...
            s
            p
            o
            i
            l
            e
            r
            s
            highlight...
            seriously...doing a background check on poor sam and then almost ruining the mission (which would have led to major issues...like death...) that just shows major trust issues...which btw...a relationship depends on trust. then of course it seemed (to me) that he has some disrespected toward what carter does for a living...
            she deserves better...like jack :-p jk jk...
            My flickr photography.

Comment

nothing to add right now, but Sally, this thread made my day! its nice to see our shipper family here too!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi
              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

An anti-"Pete" thread!!!! Yayyyyyy!!!!

Boooo "Pete"!!!!!!!!!!
                We want you to go bye-byes!!!!

Imagine this story on the news:
                Denver Police detective Peter Shanahan was killed in the line of duty today,brutally murdered and dis-membered by a faction calling themselves "Stargate shippers".
                This group has taken responsibility for for the killing.
                The motive for the attack is unknown at this time.
                And now for the weather.

hehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall

Boooo "Pete"!!!!!!!!!!

Denver Police detective Peter Shanahan was killed in the line of duty today,brutally murdered and dis-membered by a faction calling themselves "Stargate shippers".
                  And now for the weather.

hehehehehe
                  LOL. Seriously if your friend sets you up on a date with his sister you think that he would have RESPECT for her. Even after Sam telling Pete that she couldn't talk about her job you'd think he'd stop there and just accept it. It's not like he setting him up with drug dealer.

Comment

i agree with the sentiments expressed here completely. i mean no disrespect to david deluise here, whom i love. i think he's great.
                    i mean a lot of disrespect to pete, who has earned it. the jackass.
                    i wont go into all the reasons why i hate him, i think i've done enough of that for now on the old forum, and i'm not sure i can do it any more without getting very very worked up about it.
                    long story short, i cannot believe she didn't dump the big jerk! he's evil sam! evil i tells ya!
                    ... well... so much for not getting worked up about it again...
                    booo pete!!! booo pete!!!
                    okay, i'm done

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet
                      Even without all the checking up he did on her (At first I actually thought he was one of Kinsey's Lackeys or something), the way the relationship was played out just didn't seem right... probably due to a complete lack of anything remotely resembling passion.

I felt that too. I know a LOT of it had to do with that I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper, but if PS had been played by someone that *I* was attracted too, I could at least have understood some of Sam's actions and reactions in this ep. Not that DDL isn't good looking, but I'm not attracted to him that way anymore than I am Brad Pitt, which so many women swoon over. It's really all in personal interpretation and taste, and with the Sam/PS relationship, I was lost in about every way a viewer can be.

Sally

ps - Has anyone figured out how to know when a new post has appeared in a thread you follow religiously?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        I felt that too. I know a LOT of it had to do with that I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper, but if PS had been played by someone that *I* was attracted too, I could at least have understood some of Sam's actions and reactions in this ep. Not that DDL isn't good looking, but I'm not attracted to him that way anymore than I am Brad Pitt, which so many women swoon over. It's really all in personal interpretation and taste, and with the Sam/PS relationship, I was lost in about every way a viewer can be.

Sally

ps - Has anyone figured out how to know when a new post has appeared in a thread you follow religiously?
                        Sally
                        at the top of the thread there is thigy caled Thread tools......click on it and subscribe to the thread you are in...it will ask if you want emails

you took away your picture
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Boooo "Pete"!!!!!!!!!!

And now for the weather.

hehehehehe
                          ROFLMAOOOOOOO
                          Waterfall you are just entirely way to funny!!!!!!!!

Comment

Boooo "Pete"!!!!!!!!!!

And now for the weather.

hehehehehe
                            How come shippers want to kill Pete, but Pete-likers don't want to kill Jack?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              i mean a lot of disrespect to pete, who has earned it. the jackass.
                              i wont go into all the reasons why i hate him, i think i've done enough of that for now on the old forum, and i'm not sure i can do it any more without getting very very worked up about it.
                              long story short, i cannot believe she didn't dump the big jerk! he's evil sam! evil i tells ya!
                              I agree, and that's why....

Spoilers for S8's Affinity

And that's why I'm so ticked that Sam would be worrying about HIM when he'd not given a rats a$$ about her feelings concerning the events in Chimera. According to the spoilers for Affinity -and the way it was worded really- it makes it sound like the only reason she's questioning her relationship with PS is because she's worried about how he can continue to handle her work-related dangers associated with gate travel and such. I'd like to think she's questioning her relationship with him because he SPIED on her, TRAILED her, CHECKED UP on her, and ENDANGERED a mission/stake out without even one word being said/shown of 'I'm sorry, Sam!' If this whole spying on her issue isn't handled next season, that will make Sam really look like a push-over and insecure enough that she'd allow this kind of behavior. In fact, allowing it is basically encouraging it. Address this issue and redeem Sam!

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X