This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affinity - SPOILERS

For all the news and spoilers on this episode click HERE [Not a link to GateWorld, don't get confused ]

AFFINITY

WRITTEN BY - Peter DeLuise
    DIRECTED BY - Peter DeLuise

Teal'c finally moves out of the SGC into his own place, where he has to try and lead a life as a normal human, but soon finds normal human life is not as normal as he had thought...

(Sorry if you consider this advertising, but GateWorld don't have spoilers on it yet, so I figured I'd get the thread going )
    Last edited by Teal'c; 02 May 2004, 06:30 AM.

Sounds very interesting.

Teal'c episodes always rock Especially if they squeeze Bra'tac in

Comment

The part about Teal'c sounds good, but right now it doesn't sound like an A-Plot for an episode of *Stargate*. It sounds more like it should be the B-plot IMO. Where the A-plot is alien based.

Some nice low-budget earth-based aliens anyone?
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

ITS ABOUT TIME!!! This episode should be quite amusing. The writers should make at least one funny episode a season.

Comment

I actually don't see this as being funny, with all the dead bodies showing up and everything

Comment

Teal'c, I don't mind you advertising your site here at all! Just please don't make your episode post look like the ones Gipsy's been doing that link to GateWorld. Misleading and all ...
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

It seems to me that teal'c moving off base raises some serious security concerns. Nevermind the big gold emblem on his head that he would always have to hide but what about his alien physiology? Even though he no longer has junior he still is an alien I mean if he is walking across the street and gets hit by a truck its gonna raise some serious questions at the hospital why he has a pouch in his abdomen. what about his blood work and stuff? im sure it comes up different than humans. Im just surprised that the SGC could authorize such a potential security breach

Comment

Cassie lives out in the "real world" She has naquadah in her blood. Plus what about Nyan (sp) the guy from New Ground He can't still be living on base or we should see him from time to time

I do agree though they should keep him close to base to minimize the security risk.
                ~BCM =)

Comment

This is just my opinion but after reading the spoilers for "Affinity", and since I am tired and just have had it up-to-here with most of the episode spoilers so far, I am disgusted with TPTB in general for taking his show way out of the realm of what Stargate was, and is, IMO, supposed to be about and why I started to watch in the first place. What happened to the actual Stargate - did they take the budget for the Stargate and replace it with the freakin' guest star of the week? or new character of the week? or did the Stargate breakdown somewhere along the way so they can't use it? where the Heck is it?!!)
                  -
                  As provided the spoilers for "Affinity" sound like crap to me - just my opinion. At this point can't decide if "Affinity" or "Covenant" will be absolutely the worst episodes I have seen of Stargate in 7 years - (there is, of course, always the chance that future Season 8 episodes can also take that title for me - sorry getting sarcastic).
                  "Affinity" is another earth-bound episode that revolves around the personal lives of SG1 which plain and simply spells crap to me. Anyway - as I said in earlier posts at the GW Delphi forums I would try and hold out some hope for S8 but as time goes on and the spoilers keep coming my hopes keep diminishing - the only episode that really sounds like Stagate so far is New Order, the rest sound like they are really reaching; but for what, I don't know.
                  -
                  Sorry - as I said I am tired and snarky all at once but, to me, the spoilers for most of the eight episodes for season 8 we have as of today just are not doing it for me. In light of the "budget" concerns expressed by certain PTB I am not really holding out much hope for the rest of the episodes (I say this partly because we know Robert Picardo will be back for at least 3-4 episodes, Kinsey will be back, Jack will be at the SGC for much of the time RDA is available, Pete will be back, and this Colton guy from "Covenant" will be recurring so I am assuming we will see more earth based episodes, or at least episodes with good chunks of earth based, political stuff, plus that noodnick Pete, and none of this is interesting to me. None of it is really Stargate, IMO.)
                  Oh well, I am sure this will be enjoyable to some and I say enjoy and have fun - I am just lamenting that, IMO, one of my favorite shows is going the way of other quality shows that I have liked and perhaps it has overstayed it's welcome for some, like me. 8 years is a long time and maybe the font of what I consider to be truly authentic Stargate stories has dried up, coupled with hands perhaps being tied by budget problems.
                  After reading the "Affinity" spoilers - this season could not sound, or be shaping up to be, worse, IMO. I am really sorry to say, that in all honesty and as hard as I tried and wanted to be positive, I have just pretty much lost whatever hope I was trying to hold onto after reading about "Affinity". They are just taking it way to far out of the Stargate realm for me to really be interested at this point except for New Order as of today.

Comment

As a stand alone this could be really good, or really bad.

But I don't like the no. of earth-based and stand alones in s8... International economics sux!

Comment

Yes I agree it isn't encouraging that they are doing a lot of Earth-based episodes right off the bat this year, I was hoping for more resolution of off-world stories like the Tok'ra and the Jaffa, of which we've seen nothing so far but I wont believe they've completely forgotten those storylines until they write the last episode.

Yes, I'm an optimist.
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

"I am definitely writing one episode in Season Eight, and in it you will see someone get married and someone die -- but don't tell anyone!" ("Teal'c" actor Christopher Judge, in an online chat at Wolf Events)

What if this is it? Someone dies and someone gets married. I think it will be sam and Pete who get married, with the girl nex door's boyfriend being the one who dies

Comment

i like the teal'c story but i fear it could become a chimera repeat where in the good story line becomes the b side while the same story takes a side. though it doesnt sound like it at the mo, maybe im just getting paranoid

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                            Teal'c, I don't mind you advertising your site here at all! Just please don't make your episode post look like the ones Gipsy's been doing that link to GateWorld. Misleading and all ...
                            Okies, just clarified that then

As for "where's the Stargate", Sam is questioning having a relationship becaus of her dangerous job. Obviously something trigged this train of thought, and it would really have to have been an offworld incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibbs7
                              "I am definitely writing one episode in Season Eight, and in it you will see someone get married and someone die -- but don't tell anyone!" ("Teal'c" actor Christopher Judge, in an online chat at Wolf Events)

What if this is it? Someone dies and someone gets married. I think it will be sam and Pete who get married, with the girl nex door's boyfriend being the one who dies
                              Except Peter DeLuise wrote this episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X