This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do we think of the new forum?

Seems to me Darren and David (it was them wasn't it?) deserve some feedback on all their hard work.

I'll kick off

Looks good, very professional

Cool icons!

Nice BLUE background
    Chook

Originally posted by Chookgate
    Seems to me Darren and David (it was them wasn't it?) deserve some feedback on all their hard work.
    Here, here!!
    Feedback!!

After having spending most of the day here (yes no life, I know ) I find it to be a most enjoyable experience.

It looks great and very professional!

kudos to the guys!!

Thanks for taking the time to make it a reality.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Excellant work guys, you did an amazing job, this place does look great! Love the icons! I feel I should protest at the lack of Green though...

Comment

so far i think its awesome. im still exploring and getting the hang of it but definately an improvement great job to Darren and the rest at GateWorld

Comment

I am really having a Great time learning all sorts of new stuff and playing with all the gadgets and stuff.
          Its been fun adding faces to things and trying to convey the humor you are putting into your words

Great job so far and I am not *real* computer literate and I am finding things to be *fairly* easy and what I don't someone has been right there to help me...Thanks to all of you for your hard work and help!!!
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

a little scary at first, but really neat!
            Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

Didn't think I'd get used to the horizontal poster info, but I have

Comment

Thanks thanks, everybody. What you see before you is the product of many, many nights in a row up till 4 a.m.!

Props go to David for creating most of the Stargatey buttons, icons and avatars! And props to the whole mod team for breaking in the forum, beta testing, offering feedback, ad infinitum.

The new forum software is extremely customizable, so be on the look-out for more improvements in the future!
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I was wondering when this forum would get off Delphi! Much better! Thanks!
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Congratulations! Darren and David. You did a great job. I'm enjoying testing the different features and playing with the layouts. Many thanks too to the mods who helped with the launch and start the party!

BTW - Love the Blue colour - Just perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                      What you see before you is the product of many, many nights in a row up till 4 a.m.!
                      I will attest to that! Often it was like me and Darren were at some kind of artistic-acumulatory sleepover!

And then we had the MODS joining us! The Horror!!

But I'm really glad most everyone loves it. Delphi always seemed to be arms reach of GW, but this has got the GW looks and a visual Stargate focus

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        Didn't think I'd get used to the horizontal poster info, but I have
                        Getting used to getting horizontal? What??

I love the new forums. Love the layout, love the colors, love the icons, love running up the user ranks... Still thrown off occasionally by the random un-Refresh thing, but it isn't really important and it's still loads better than Delphi.

Love it, love it, love it. See? I can be positive.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                          I will attest to that! Often it was like me and Darren were at some kind of artistic-acumulatory sleepover!
                          you see now I have a mental picture of you and Darren in your Stargate Jammies that I really didn't need to have on a Sunday morning

Originally posted by David
                          And then we had the MODS joining us! The Horror!!
                          Oh, that was harmless. Harmless, I tell ya. You wait...

mwahahahaha!

But yes, thanks to you and Darren for doing this. Despite all the Blue it is rather froody.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I have a suggestion though. Can you move the bar at the top with the user and stuff to the side? That way the page wont be so long. Just a suggestion.
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Hmmm.... DARREN!

Comment

Working...
                              X