Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anime

so...typically...sci-fi fans like anime and vice versa...any big anime fans in here (besides myself)? oh yeah...and manga too...good times...a good way to blow of money >.<
    my faves include (not in any order):
    cowboy bebop
    azumanga daioh
    .hack sign
    .hack dusk
    fruits basket
    angelic layer
    chobits
    hikaru no go
    digimon >.<
    FF UNlimited
    record of lodoss wars
    vampire hunter D
    love hina
    grave of the fireflies
    ah my goddess
    gundam wing
    gundam seed
    card captor sakura
    fushigi yugi
    marmalade boy
    maison ikkoku
    neon genesis evangelion
    the slayers
    kenshin
    urusei yatsura
    ...and a lot more...
    My flickr photography.

i enjoy it...

whats .hack//dusk?
    Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

.hack//dusk legend of the twilight's bracelet is not really a sequel to .hack//sign...but it does take place after it...

" Shugo and Rena are siblings who were separated when their parents recently divorced. Even though they don't live together anymore, Rena has the perfect solution: they can spend time together in the online game The World. Shugo and Rena are the winners of a prize campaign, receiving the character designs of the renowned players Kite and BlackRose. Like those heroes of legend, Shugo and Rena's true adventure in The World begins when they meet the mysterious girl, Aura. " from animeacademy.com summary by Madoka

it's a quality show...less episodes than .hack//sign and it feels a lot lighter, but underneath it there is a great serious story line...check it out...
      My flickr photography.

Comment

I'm very into anime and manga as well. Always fun to see people with mutiple similiar interests.

Current favs include: Hellsing, Blade of the Immortal, Angel Sanctuary, Demon Ororon, X/1999, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Flame of Recca.

Comment

haven't watched any anime for a long time lol, my personal favourite is still NGE though...

Comment

You gotta love Hellsing, of-course. It's the anime that reaches everyone. Also, Trigun, FLCL, Evangelion (WAAAAH MY HEAD JESUS MY HEAD), Ghost In The Shell and Naruto.

ok ok, and Dragonball Z. I confess.

Comment

I guess I fall into the Sci-Fi & Anime fan club, though I just started really getting into anime about a year ago. I'd have to say my favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop. I also like Trigun, Inuyasha, and Crest of the Stars (my choices are limited to what is shown on cable here in the US).

QunStrudel <><
              Self proclaimed Queen of the Strudels

Comment

i never liked anime. iv glanced at acouple .. and watched some pokemon .. if that ever counts..lol. i just never got into it id rather just sit aorund and watch stargate,familyguy,and futurma off my tivo (i love that thing). some of my friends have it and il just pick it up and speedread someof it but iv never become hooked. (sept for the pokemon thing.. i still hav elike 8000 cards.hehehe) o well .. i dont rely think is all vice versa becasue alot of the ppl i know who read anime hate most scifi. weird

latas
                dude

Comment

read anime as in reading manga?
                  Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

Both my sons are into alot of the shows on TV {they preferred Digimon over Pokemon,btw}.I admit I get a kick out of a lot of it.
                    My younger son[11] draws alot & he's got several books on drawing in this genre.He's pretty good ,too.

I do have a question,though.What is the difference between "anime" & "manga"? I'm thinking anime deals with the film medium & manga deals with what's on paper such as books & magazines.Am I correct?
                    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by Alexeil
                      I'm very into anime and manga as well. Always fun to see people with mutiple similiar interests.

Current favs include: Hellsing, Blade of the Immortal, Angel Sanctuary, Demon Ororon, X/1999, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Flame of Recca.
                      That Vampire Hunter D is good watchin'.
                      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                        I do have a question,though.What is the difference between "anime" & "manga"? I'm thinking anime deals with the film medium & manga deals with what's on paper such as books & magazines.Am I correct?
                        you've got it
                        My flickr photography.

Comment

I love to draw manga and anime, i watched alot of anime but not anymore. One of my fav films is anime(Spirited Away).

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

I've got another question.What is it that defines "anime/manga" from other "cartoon" forms?What is it that makes it "anime/manga"?

Has anyone seen the new cartoon on the "cartoon network" called "Megas XLR"?I watch it with my sons & get a kick out of the way they poke at cartoon cliche's & other shows.Last night they had fun with across between "Power Rangers" & "Battle of the Planets".It's also gone after fight promoters portraying that character as a "big head" & tiny limbs.
                            Btw,David DeLuise[Pete Shanahan] does the voice of "Coop",the lead character.
                            nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Love Anime and Manga. I'm a cartoon freak!
                              Watched: Yu-gi-oh! Dragon Ball/GT, Bayblade, Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis, Street Fighter the Movie and the Series, AstroBoy, and for the classics Voltron: Defender of the Universe, Voltes5, He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, and oh so many more....just can't remember them right now. Gosh, goes to show my age...hehehe..
                              If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Working...
                              X