This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Sam/Pete shippers

Remember, this is a thread for people who like Pete! No bashing of the character (or the S/P shippers) allowed.

Reviving this thread mostly to prove that I CAN say nice things about the show. Once in a while. And I think Pete is a terrific character. I'm a bit leery of how he's being used, but I may actually tune in if he makes an appearance in S8. I think he's far better for Sam than Jack could ever hope to be. He's not her boss, for one. And he isn't connected with "work". And he makes her smile.

I've never called myself a Shipper. But I enjoy seeing Sam and Pete together... does that make me one?

PS Glad you made it Shadowmaat. Kept your own name afterall, eh?

Comment

Is Sholvah here yet? I could still steal his name, just outta spite.

And if ya like Sam and Pete together, that's good enough for me.

Comment

I like Sam happy, and I like Pete. I guess that says that.

The Shol'vah is probably asleep. Ireland must be early in the A.M.

Comment

Oh, I'm here

I'm not exactly a Sam/Pete shipper, but I do like Pete, come on, a box of wine!

Comment

*cough*

hey, look! a Sam/Pete vid:

http://martoufmarty.topcities.com/

*cough*

*runs away*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

It's a good vid, Steph, even if the voices do annoy me. If you ever use "As Time Goes By" make sure to use the version that includes all the talk about science and physics. I have a .wav file of Dooley Wilson singing it- Sam from Casablanca. Good stuff.

So you wanna be called Teal'c then, eh T-bone? I can do that...

Comment

I like to see Sam happy and I sort of liked Pete and was hoping to see him again in season 8.

However, I can't help but feel Pete is going to end up being nothing more than a plot device to delay the inevitable S/J ending. So I guess I'm not very devoted to the cause. *sigh*
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Yeah, seems pretty obvious that TPTB consider Pete to be nothing more than The Obstacle, but I fully intend to go right on hoping for the best with Sam/Pete and dreaming of them being happy together regardless of the Cold Heel of Reality (aka TPTB) grinding them into paste.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    It's a good vid, Steph, even if the voices do annoy me. If you ever use "As Time Goes By" make sure to use the version that includes all the talk about science and physics. I have a .wav file of Dooley Wilson singing it- Sam from Casablanca. Good stuff.

So you wanna be called Teal'c then, eh T-bone? I can do that...
                    T-Bone? What ever you say Koko

Go Sam/Pete vid!

Comment

Yay! I love Pete. I honestly can't see why people hate him so. Besides Martouf, he's the only guy I want to see Sam with. Here's to hoping he won't be booted out on his ear in favour of the J/S shippers. Yick.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        Oh, I'm here

Yup, thats exactly where I started to like the character too. Just cant beat a box of wine, but crashing that party with Sam came in a strong second.

As for Sam/Pete, apart from the fact that the actors have good chemistry, I just like the fact that if Sam *has* to have a love interest in the show its with a recurring but not regular character. That way it can be revisited when TPTB need to, but the rest of the time the romance can be put in a box in the corner while the SciFi continues.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrok
                          As for Sam/Pete, apart from the fact that the actors have good chemistry, I just like the fact that if Sam *has* to have a love interest in the show its with a recurring but not regular character. That way it can be revisited when TPTB need to, but the rest of the time the romance can be put in a box in the corner while the SciFi continues.
                          Both good reasons to support this ship. Pete's a likable guy, Sam's not a moony teenager around him, and every episode won't be Sam's love life (which would be annoying no matter how much I like him)
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by zebrok
                            I just like the fact that if Sam *has* to have a love interest in the show its with a recurring but not regular character. That way it can be revisited when TPTB need to, but the rest of the time the romance can be put in a box in the corner while the SciFi continues.
                            Good point. With S/J ship, if they ever do get together, the ship would be right there, in your face in every single episode because Sam and Jack are IN every episode. And yes, I know it's already "in your face" but imagine how much worse it would be if/when they DID get together... *shudders* No, on second thought, DON'T imagine it. That's far too horrific to contemplate.

I like the idea of the characters in general having love interests OUTSIDE of work, outside of Stargate Command. It makes it a little more realistic to me and avoids the sense of claustrophobia I tend to get whenever two main characters suddenly wanna suck face.

I also really like Pete and I like what he does for Sam: he makes her happy, he makes her relaxed, and best of all, she acts like herself!! That's a very important factor in my reckoning of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              Oh, I'm here

i see nothing wrong with a box of wine lol. pete is kind of cool.

i saw David Deluise in this Budwieser commercial with Dale Earnhardt JR. David is a reporter going for an interview with Little E and he's asking the camera guy before going to the door 'the dye job worked. and i look good?'

so Little E answers the door and he says, 'we're here for the interview.' and little e says, 'where do you want to do it?' david: 'wherever you're most comfortable.' cuts to the racecar and David is screaming (because they're going really fast around the race track and then at the end little e says as he walks away, 'thanks guys!' and you see David and the camera dude sitting by the car holding on to each other because they're freaked out.

it was funny. not until after seeing Chimera did i realize it was David Deluise. lol

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                              X