This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To: Use Your Buddy List

Go to the "My Controls" option, and then click on "Buddy / Ignore Lists" to edit your Buddy List. You can also add any member to your Buddy List from his or her Profile page, or from the pop-up menu you see when you click on their username in a post they've made! When you look at the list of members currently online, look for the + icon next to usernames to identify your buddies.

Can you give us an idea of what can be done with a Buddy List?

Thanks

Madeleine

Comment

Well, for starters, you can add all the Mods to your Buddy List so that when you need to harrass someone, they're that much easier to find!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Well, for starters, you can add all the Mods to your Buddy List so that when you need to harrass someone, they're that much easier to find!

lol But there isn't much that can really be done with it as such, since just add/remove/block people from your list. Not that I have any other ideas of what it could do!
        __

__

Comment

Madeleine:How about using it to keep track of Posters we've given Rep to ?
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Samll Question: What does a buddy list actually do?
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Ah, all becomes clear

Madeleine

Comment

I have no buddies.. I dont know anyone Its most upsetting. On the plus side there are so many cool feaures on this forum. The memory must be immence.

Sy~
                A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
                "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
                "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

Originally posted by Sy~
                  I have no buddies.. I dont know anyone Its most upsetting. On the plus side there are so many cool feaures on this forum. The memory must be immence.

Sy~
                  ((((((((((((((Sy~)))))))))))) I'll be your buddy. You're never alone here!
                  sigpic

Comment

And still no one answers my question. Whne you add someone to your budy list what does it do?!?!?
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

I've answered that question before, somewhere.

Adding someone to your buddy list puts a little + next to their name in the "Users online" list. Although there's talk of getting rid of the + and making the names bold instead for easier seeing.

Comment

I've answered that question before, somewhere.

Adding someone to your buddy list puts a little + next to their name in the "Users online" list. Although there's talk of getting rid of the + and making the names bold instead for easier seeing.
                        What would be really cool is if the list worked similiar to the "Currently Active Users" list (where you view the multipage list that shows where in GW everyone on-line most recently "is"). It would be great to be able actually see "where" your buddies were instead of clicking on their screenname from the main Forum menu or going through all the pages of the CAU list.

When I first registered I use to open the buddy list, but stopped soon after... might use it again if it showed where members were in addition whether they are on-line...

**hint hint David & Darren**
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

So all it does it put a + beside the names? It would be better if it linked you to their public profile.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

If it listed where your buddies were, it would make the list horrible complicated. Seriously. Name, Name and location, Name and location, Name, Name, Name and location, Name. Name and location, Name and location, Name and location, Name and location, Name, Name, Name, name, Name and location... Sheesh. It'd make the list four times as long, depending on how many "buddies" you have and it'd totally screw the setup and make it look all disorganised and ratty.

I wouldn't mind having the names be bold, though. That's easier to find than the little +. And clicking on a person's name DOES link you to their profile. And then you can see where they are. Sure, it takes an extra fifteen seconds, but personally, that doesn't bug me too much.

Comment

Working...
                            X