• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prophecy (621)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 621

The team finds an impoverished world enslaved by a Goa'uld underlord, but their plans to free it may be compromised when Jonas experiences unexplained visions of the future.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:06 PM.

"Prophecy" will premiere in Syndication the weekend of May 15/16th.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. Nice take on precognition.
      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

It had a trippy little ending, and I liked it. It was a really good Jonas piece too.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Very good Jonas episode
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I liked it... Jonas is a really cool guy... I would definitely like to see his return... I wasn't a huge fan of the season 7 episode... but I suppose it was alright.

This episode was really good. I definitely look forward to next week's season finale, marking the historical moment where I will have seen every episode, ever. Does anyone know when SciFi will be allowed to throw season 6 into the Monday rotation?
            Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I also thought it was a good episode, and a good episode of Jonas. I also thought it was a good episode of Dr. Frasier. She got to do some good doctoring.

I'm a total Syndi--watching it only in syndication, and when I buy the DVDs. I'm really looking forward to Season Six's finale next week.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

This was a great episode! I absolutely loved it! I missed 10 minutes of it though because I was stuck babysitting lil stubborn kids who decided to watch Spongebob. Oh well, Jonas is really awesome though! I wish he was still on the team! Oh well, Daniel's cool too but they really should of kept Jonas with em for a little bit longer.
                SAM: Mayborne, you are an idiot every day of the week, why couldn't you of taken one day off?

JACK: What can possibly be in my eye that could explain this?

Comment

Pretty good episode, another Goa'uld bites it.

SciFi will get Season 6 onces it completes the US syndication run.. Then they lose Season 7 to syndication.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

My only prob was the Goa'uld's name was Lord Mot(t?). Sounds like he was Lord of Applesauce. Plus, that's a common name in movies. Kinda distracting.

Hey, but if that's my only prob, it's gotta be a good ep!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion
                      My only prob was the Goa'uld's name was Lord Mot(t?). Sounds like he was Lord of Applesauce. Plus, that's a common name in movies. Kinda distracting.
                      Can't say I'm familiar with many characters named Mot. My big distraction from the name is that I kept thinking it should be Mut. Except Mut is Egyptian and a goddess and as it turns out, Mot is also a god, from the same pantheon as Baal... and he's Baal's arch-enemy. So technically, it's right on.

There's a Mott's coffee house in my home turf. GREAT little place, best iced mochas around. I could really go for one right now. Gee, thanks, Jill.

Loved this ep. It's my favorite Jonas ep because it shows, to me, the lengths that Jonas is willing to go to in order to do good and to prove himself. It also shows just how unworthy he still feels, even that late in the game.

Comment

Syndicated ratings are in "Prophecy":

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

Top TEN SciFi Syndicated Shows

R
                        A
                        T
                        I
                        N
                        G
                        S

I
                        N
                        F
                        O

Stargate SG-1------2.2 - "Prophecy" (first run)
                        Andromeda----------1.8 - "The Dissonant Interval, Part I" (first run)
                        Mutant X-----------1.6 - "Cirque des Merveilles" (first run)
                        She Spies----------1.6
                        Buffy--------------1.5
                        3rd Rock-----------1.4
                        The Outer Limits---1.4
                        Angel--------------1.3
                        The X-Files--------1.3
                        Beastmaster--------1.0

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 5/10/04 - 5/16/04

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Again, syndicated sixth season "Stargate SG-1" is the ONLY series in this syndicated category to have a season average rating OVER 2.0 -- currently syndicated season season "Stargate SG-1" has a season average rating of 2.23. The next highest rated series in this category is "Mutant X" with a season average rating of 1.92.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                        http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion
                          I also had a problem with this name. I once had a friend called Tom, and since he wouldn't stop messing with my first name, I didn't have much choice but to mess with his. Mot.

Anyway, it took me ages to understand what this ep was about, and I am still not so sure whether I got it, but I liked the look-into-the-future parts, even though they were pretty confusing (well, there is always the choice to rewatch it ).
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I also had a problem with the name. It was awful. Plus, he obviously wasn't a very strong ruler
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                              I also had a problem with the name. It was awful. Plus, he obviously wasn't a very strong ruler
                              I agree, named sucked, rulership skills sucked, you know what, he sucked... Lord Mot, i forgot who he was impersonating, which god? Or was it even a god...
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                              X