• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memento (620)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 620

Prometheus is forced to land on an alien world, where the local Stargate is the team's only chance of returning home -- though the local population believe the gate to be a myth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:12 PM.

I just saw this episode on syndication rotation (first time I've watched season 6 on TV!), and I must say, I definitely enjoyed it. I don't know why... it was just a good episode... especially since those people had absolutely no expectation of anybody from another planet, then we suddenly show up... that was cool.
    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I really like this episode because it kind of reverses roles on the show. We are the alien visitors who need help from the less advanced planet. The fact that the Tagrians used nuclear ICBMs was really cool.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
        I really like this episode because it kind of reverses roles on the show. We are the alien visitors who need help from the less advanced planet. The fact that the Tagrians used nuclear ICBMs was really cool.
        I agree
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I thought the first 15 minutes was funny. I think the characters watched too much Star Trek. Good episode.
          Games 'n Stuff

Comment

Just goes to show that human nature is human nature, no matter what world they're from.
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I liked this ep as well. I reserved roles was interesting. Good thing that we don't have a Prime Directive! I would be interested in seeing some more contact with them in S8...anyone else?
              Although I wouldn't say that they were less advanced.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Yeah... I'd definitely like to see some more contact... as for how advanced they are, I'd say they're probably slightly more... they have stuff that can float on its own (the gun turrets) and they have missiles that can launch toward something orbiting in space!

And, yes, I'd definitely like to see their return in s8... although,(season 7 spoilers... "Grace", I think... the Carter episode from season 7)

when we go to retreive the Prometheus in season 7, don't we technically return to that planet, even though it's not seen? Just wondering... but I'd definitely like to see their return.
                Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

a Prime Directive?
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                    a Prime Directive?
                    In Star Trek, the Prime Directive was a Starfleet order that under no circumstances are we allowed to interfere (ie, make contact, swap technology with) with a more primitive race. A primitive race was anyone that didn't achieve a warp flight.

If the SGC had one, we couldn't have landed on Pangara (right planet?) to see if they had a stargate.

when we go to retreive the Prometheus in season 7, don't we technically return to that planet, even though it's not seen? Just wondering... but I'd definitely like to see their return
                    I often wondered how they did this too 'cause they just jumped right in with Sam on the Prommie.
                    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                      If the SGC had one, we couldn't have landed on Pangara (right planet?) to see if they had a stargate.
                      Pangara was the planet with the Tritonin (sp) in Cure. This planet was called Tagrea (sp).
                      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

There is something about this episode that I just love. I don't specifically know what it is

It really well directed though!
                        'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                          In Star Trek, the Prime Directive was a Starfleet order that under no circumstances are we allowed to interfere (ie, make contact, swap technology with) with a more primitive race. A primitive race was anyone that didn't achieve a warp flight.

ahh.. I gotcha now.

Comment

This was an OK episode--good to be sure, but not great in my book. I think I gotta watch it again (isn't that terrible ) to fill out what specifics I liked/didn't like.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Syndicated ratings are in for the first run of "Memento":

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

Top TEN Syndicated SciFi Shows

Mutant X------------1.9 - "The Prophecy" (first run & series finale)
                              Stargate SG-1-------1.9 - "Memento" (first run)
                              She Spies-----------1.6
                              Andromeda-----------1.5 - "Time Out Of Mind" (first run)
                              Buffy---------------1.5
                              3rd Rock------------1.4
                              Angel---------------1.3
                              The X-Files---------1.3
                              Beastmaster---------1.2
                              The Outer Limits----1.0

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 5/3/04 - 5/9/04

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

"Stargate SG-1" continues to be the only series in this syndicated category to have a season average rating OVER 2.0 -- currently, the average syndicated rating for SG-1 (season six) is 2.23. The next highest rated series in this syndicated category is "Mutant X" with a 1.93.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                              http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X