• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Changeling (619)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 619

A near-death trial causes Teal'c to imagine his life as very different from the one he knows, where he is a normal person living on Earth -- until he can no longer distinguish reality.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:13 PM.

Just saw this episode. It was brilliant use of AU. I love that it was Christoper Judge that wrote it. It's the most dialogue Teal'c has ever had. Mind you, he wasn't quite himself.... brilliant writing. congrats to Chris. Lovely to see Micheal Shanks again. He and RDA get better looking every year. cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by mbouch2
      Just saw this episode. It was brilliant use of AU.
      It wasn't really an AU it was more of a dream state/ hallucination, but it was very well used.

I love that it was Christoper Judge that wrote it.
      CJ is a very talented writer and I can't wait to see what he comes up with in s8.

The only thing that bothers me about this episode is how does Teal'c know about being a firefighter?
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

It was one of those episodes that I had to watch a couple of times before I was really sure what I thought of it. The first viewing I just spent the whole time thinking WTF? I'm a pretty linear person and all that jumping around from "dream to dream" made my head kind of hurt. But once I knew what was going on I could sit back and really enjoy it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Yes, I had the same WTF reaction the first time I watched it... fortunately Scifi plays the episode twice so I was able to watch it again and pick up on most of the subtle nuances that I missed the first time around AND I actually understood what was going on After that I was able to apreciate CJs story and his abilities much better.
          ~BCM =)

Comment

i missed this episode because Fox was playing nascar....
            gotta wait till next sunday

Comment

I love Jonas's apron. I got Corin to sign that picture yesterday, where he's serving Sam and Teal'C.
              ------
              Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

I loved Jonas's apron as well, haha...
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I thought this episode was pretty darn good. I saw it in 30 meg wmv format a few weeks ago (I only found my local season 6 rotation this weekend... perfectly ready for me to pick up!), but it was still amazing! Quite unique, and quite interesting... I just might watch this one first if I get the season 6 box set.
                  Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    The only thing that bothers me about this episode is how does Teal'c know about being a firefighter?
                    The power of tv. He watched a special on the Discovery Channel.

I love this episode for how different it is. CJ wrote a really good story and Martin Wood directed it really well. Every transition between "realities" is just cool to watch.

I also like how "human" Teal'c represented an inner aspect of jaffa Teal'c's character that has become more outward in season seven.

Good stuff. In fact, among the best that season six has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by dorien
                      The power of tv. He watched a special on the Discovery Channel.
                      Ooooohhhhh! But of course.
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by dorien
                        Martin Wood directed it really well. Every transition between "realities" is just cool to watch.
                        I never noticed the directing the first dozen or so times I watched it. I felt that it must have been well-directed cos the story had flowed, and cos there was no obvious showy camerawork to detract from the wonderful story. But I never actively noticed the directing while I watched, I was too lost in the story.

When the DVD came out I watched it with the Director's Commentary, and it was utterly fascinating. There was so much more to it than I had imagined there could be.

I wonder how often I downvalue the directing and camerawork simply because even though it is very skillful and technical, it is also subtle and unobtrusive, and because it supports the story so well that I have no chance to think about any of the 'behind the scenes' stuff cos I'm just so entranced by what I see on the screen.

Anyway, I know DCs aren't everybody's cup of tea, but this is one I'd definitely recommend.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                          Anyway, I know DCs aren't everybody's cup of tea, but this is one I'd definitely recommend.
                          I love all the commentaries I've listened to so far and look forward to this one. They give me a greater appreciation for all the work that goes into each episode, all the things I see yet don't consciously notice like lighting, camera angles, blocking. I'm a more educated viewer because of them. DVD's are great.

Comment

It was extra fun because of CJ, haha.. Also, i think they are proud of what they do with their budget, makes me happy for them
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I love this episode! I loved how the first time you watched it, you didn't know what was going on until the very end. I happen to know this episode back to front; on of the advantages of scripting it. I also loved that Daniel was back! Yay!

Comment

Working...
                              X