• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclosure (617)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 617

General Hammond and the Pentagon reveal the existence of the Stargate to other world governments, and must defend the fact that the program is operated by the United States military.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:14 PM.

It's a clips show what can we say?

I actually did like the plot of the episode I just wish they had done it with fewer clips.

The idea of Kinsey manovering the whole situation to his advantage was a nice touch.

I also liked the fact that the other members of the UN security councle were told about the Stargate, the only thing I find a little annoying is that now that they know I would think we'd see a few international SG teams, even if it's just passing in the halls, but we haven't
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

There was a nice little moment where the Russian explains to the Chinese that the reason they let the US have the Stargate is cos that way the US has to fund it.

Mostly though I didn't like this one. I found it totally incredible that two such high-achieving employees of the US government would have a spat in front of foreigners, and play the 'pick me, pick me' game like that. Also, dear as Major Davis is, he clearly hasn't had much experience in giving briefings

Madeleine

Comment

Loving the part when Thor beams in (sitting in his chair of course ) and then corrects Kinsey on how he should be addressed. The look on Kinsey's face is priceless, lol. All in all though, this episode had its bad points but some good.

Also, I can't help but feel that this episode was somewhat pointless.
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Ah; the annual clip show, allowing cast and crew to take a well-earned break; or more likely to catch up on what they got behind on so they're ready to get on with getting behind on what they should be ahead of in the rest of the shooting season.

I feel that this is a pretty important episode, as it officially marks the point when Kinsey loses it and becomes completely insane. I mean, he's a US senator with plans for the White House, standing up and telling the ambassadors of every nation with a permanent seat on the Security Council that the USAF and the Pentagon are a bunch of dangerous loons. Frankly, I can't see how he expects anything to come of this but a fast moving car next time he crosses the street!

Moreover, what the heck is Mr 'God Bless America' doing, effectively trying to get the UN to dictate policy to the United States? Clearly the man has lost his marbles and abandoned whatever crazed-yet-sincere idealism he might have had left and gone utterly nuts.

And yet he still gets picked for the VP's ticket and elected.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            Ah; the annual clip show, <snip>
            It's not annual there only been 4 over seven years.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Ah; the biennial clip show...

Comment

It was an okay episode for me. I'm not sure though that I like the idea of telling the other leading nations. The whole Kinsey/Thor correction was priceless. I also think that they had a little bit too many clips.
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Oh, come on; like the other countries didn't know. I mean, maybe not those ambassadors, but there's no such thing as secrets these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    Oh, come on; like the other countries didn't know. I mean, maybe not those ambassadors, but there's no such thing as secrets these days.
                    I'm not sure about telling about the whole stargate thing per se, but perhaps the Promethous and the X-302's along with contact with aliens would have been enough. The Russians seemed to agree with us on the matter.
                    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Thor saves the day again.

Comment

Thor is one of our best allies. Always there to help us out. I hope he never gets hurt
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                          Loving the part when Thor beams in (sitting in his chair of course ) and then corrects Kinsey on how he should be addressed. The look on Kinsey's face is priceless.
                          I loved that part also. Kinsey seemed to have that look down when surprised at anything, especially in Lost City. When the prez told him to shutup.

Comment

Thors fingers were kinda sexy

Comment

That's odd, I could have sworn there was a clip show in every season, oh well. Well, they needed it for S6, because that last little effect for the season finale cost TPTB a nice little bundle. POSSIBLE SPOILER

AKA the large pyrotechnic effect!!!

Thor coming in to save the day is classic deus ex machina, especially with Thor!!! Yeay Thor!

Comment

Working...
                              X