• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus (611)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 611

A news reporter threatens to expose a top-secret military project, but when Carter and Jonas give her a tour of the X-303, they discover that she is a pawn in a much larger plot.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:16 PM.

This was a strange episode for me. I was quite surprised at the news team being allowed a tour of the X-303 but even more so when Simmons and that Goa'uld came along.

This also paved the way for Unnatural Selection which is a great episode!

There's one thing I either don't get or can't rememeber: how did Simmons get onto the ship in the first place? This was probably addressed and I just can't remember, lol.
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Simmons was the hostage release deal: Give us Simmons and snakeboy or we blow up the desert.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I agree that the news crew getting a tour of the ship a little unlikely. But I also can see the probability of it actually happening. It was stated by Hammond that all material would be destroyed afterwards.

Comment

The only problem I had with this ep was the lack of staff on the ship.

The thing is being built to help us with our defence of Earth, and an attack could occur at any time, so why wasn't anybody actually working on it?

Apart from that, excellent ep.
          I loved the incandescant Jack rage.
          sigpic

Comment

It was a Saturday. The union wouldn't allow them to work on a Saturday.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              It was a Saturday. The union wouldn't allow them to work on a Saturday.
              So... they were working on a day they aren't supposed to?
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Possibly, maybe for some reason it was cleared of all personell before the cameras came in.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

The rule of thumb is always deny the government built big spaceship.

Comment

I loved Promotheus, espically in TLC
                    __

__

Comment

I hope who ever though letting the reporters on the Promotheus was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak

your right but what are you gonna do when part of the GOVERMENT (rogue or not) is in on the plan

i like this episode we hear the name prometheus earlier in the season so i'm just glad to find out what it was !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                          Wasn't he killed by Smith.

Comment

Just a little point,but if I was in charge of security at an ultra top secret facility, and a bunch of people with cameras and stuff were being allowed in, I would have dismantled their equipment and searched it for things like guns and zats!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                              Just a little point,but if I was in charge of security at an ultra top secret facility, and a bunch of people with cameras and stuff were being allowed in, I would have dismantled their equipment and searched it for things like guns and zats!
                              I think it was stated that the president had cleared them and their equipment and what not.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                              X