• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cure (610)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 610

An alien world offers Earth a medicine with the power to cure any illness -- but the hidden price may be too high to pay.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:02 PM.

Nice... A race using the Goa'uld rather than the other way around.. Too bad she/it wasn't really a Goa'uld.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

It was pretty freaky to see that may Goa'uld in those tanks in that episode. It had some neat points including the Queen and Tok'ra aspects. I think I will watch it again to refresh my memory on this one.

Comment

These posts seem kind of spoilerish
        -GuyFromOH
        I'm a guy, from Ohio.
        ------------------------------------
        Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
        Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
        cool!"

Comment

Originally posted by GuyFromOH
          I guess, in my opinion, it is implied that you have seen the episode if you are here reading about it? I will be more careful in the episode threads if this is not the case.

Comment

The way I understand it the threads for the individual episodes are going to have spoilers in them and as long as the spoilers are for the episode that the thread is about you don't need spoiler space. If however you start mention stuff from another episode then you do need spoiler space, assuming the episode falls under the spoiler guidelines. (currently SG-1 s6,7,8 and Atlantis s1)

Edited to say: I'm talking specifically about the episode threads.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I've got a question......where do Queens come from? That sounds so lame but I'm curious. If all Goa'uld have no gender (according to Martouf at least) then where do the Queens come from?
              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Hmm, good question, i want an answer too !
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                  I've got a question......where do Queens come from? That sounds so lame but I'm curious. If all Goa'uld have no gender (according to Martouf at least) then where do the Queens come from?
                  The mommy goa'uld and the daddy goa'uld... err nevermind

I'll throw out a guess.

I'd guess that just like the genetic memories the queen can choose which traits to pass onto the child. So one of the traits that the queen can choose to pass on is the ability to spawn more goa'uld.

It just so happens that the very first goa'uld chose to NOT pass that ability on to the vast majority of it's children.

What do you think?
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    The mommy goa'uld and the daddy goa'uld... err nevermind

I'll throw out a guess.

I'd guess that just like the genetic memories the queen can choose which traits to pass onto the child. So one of the traits that the queen can choose to pass on is the ability to spawn more goa'uld.

It just so happens that the very first goa'uld chose to NOT pass that ability on to the vast majority of it's children.

What do you think?
                    Sounds reasonable to me that once a queen has reached a certain age that she/it would have too in order to keep the lines going.

I do remember something about an animal/insect (memory fails me here) that any one of a certain type can become the queen, but only one shall be queen. But since the Tok'ra didnt do anything like this, then that explination makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GuyFromOH
                      Sorry.. One thought one was meant to talk about an episode within the official thread for that episode.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I always assumed that select Goa'uld had the ability to become queens. I guess that they are scarce. We've only encountered what, 3 so far?
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Maybe one day they are 'born' out of nowhere or something, haha..
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The Queen Fairy God Mother comes down and grants a new goa'ulds wish.

Comment

I assume that even on their primal homeworld the bulk of the Goa'uld are infertile drones; only the minority breeding Queens. I also suspect that Goa'uld in their primal state - especially non-breeders - have a very short lifespan, hence the mass of larvae produced.

Whether Queens are spawned sporadically in response to biological imperative, or perhaps as a result of a deliberate change of diet - like a bee's royal jelly - I don't know. I suspect the former, as this would explain the shortage of Queens among the modern Goa'uld. The life expectancy has gone through the roof and the population has spent millennia in boom; there's been no need for new Queens.

On the other hand, a steady course of cannibalism in early life might be the key.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X