• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Other Guys (608)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 608

When SG-1 is captured by the Goa'uld, a pair of scientists mount a rescue operation ... whether they're wanted or not.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:18 PM.

Ahhhhh...The Other Guys. This is one of the episodes that you love or hate. I love it. The idea of these lame scientists trying to save SG-1 is hilarious and the results even more so.

Khonsu looked very cool I thought. He had an incredible voice and looked somewhat evil, lol. Shame he got a staff blast to the face....

This was also a confusing episode as it wasn't made clear if it was all a dream or not. Has there been any clarification that all of it was real apart from end?
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
      Ahhhhh...The Other Guys. This is one of the episodes that you love or hate. I love it. The idea of these lame scientists trying to save SG-1 is hilarious and the results even more so.

Khonsu looked very cool I thought. He had an incredible voice and looked somewhat evil, lol. Shame he got a staff blast to the face....

This was also a confusing episode as it wasn't made clear if it was all a dream or not. Has there been any clarification that all of it was real apart from end?
      Yes, it was confirmed. Or at least it was confirmed in Avenger 2.0 which was in turn confimred by "Grace" only the very end of thoose two eps (the medal and carter smoocg in "other" and the catfight in "Avenger") were fake.

The rest "happened" as it were.

And yes i love this episode, see my sig.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I enjoyed this ep. Very funny. Felger was played perfectly IMHO (it's the same guy that plays Herald from the "Red Green" show if you've ever seen it). The dream thing did kinda get a little confusing.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I thought the dream thing was excellent. It gave people like me, who had been thouroughly annoyed with the whole thing, a way to like the ep. All the way through I was thinking "this is just idiotic, this could never happen, these characters just can't be real" (anyone who points out that it's a Science Fiction programme will get thouroughly walloped ) and then came The Dream Sequence and it was very cathartic, I suddenly had a reason to re-watch it. I liked the ep a lot more the second time, cos I'd decided that the whole lot was a dream.

Madeleine

Comment

I love, love, love this one. In fact it is on at this very moment.Felger in so in awe of the guys, and wants so much to be liked by them. I loved the remark
            about his "butt snorkling" . This episode ranks right up there with Window of Opportunity as one of the funniest,( only my opinion.) Of course, I think Felger is funny, but if I had to work with him, I'd probably want to beat him up all the time.And you gotta feel sorry for Coombs, who unwittingly gets dragged along.

Comment

this is one of the few ones where i actually laughed out loud. and i don't often laugh at tv
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I loved this bit in the episode

"What would Colonell O'Neill want me to do if he was here"

"Want me to shoot you"

That has to be the funniest part of the episode. I also liked the bit when they were on the ship and they thought they were heroes! lol
                __

__

Comment

It's too bad that Avenger 2.0 couldn't have been like this.
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

You're right. I think Avenger was just plain weird
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                      I loved this bit in the episode

"What would Colonell O'Neill want me to do if he was here"

"Want me to shoot you"

That has to be the funniest part of the episode. I also liked the bit when they were on the ship and they thought they were heroes! lol
                      I don't think thats right is it? I'd hate for me to be mis-quoting in my sig.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Wraith dude, I'm not sure what I typed are the exact words that were said, but somewhere along those lines. I think yours is a better version to mine

*all turn your attention to CraizedWraith's siggy*
                        __

__

Comment

I loved this ep. It's just so funny!

O'Neill: Felger, why are you here?
                          Felger: We're here to save you!
                          O'Neill: We got captured... ON PURPOSE!

Harold from Red Green does a great job with Felger.

Comment

Hehe. I loved the look on O'Neill's face when he saw them. Just great
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by DanielFan
                              I loved this ep. It's just so funny!

O'Neill: Felger, why are you here?
                              Felger: We're here to save you!
                              O'Neill: We got captured... ON PURPOSE!

Harold from Red Green does a great job with Felger.
                              O'Neill: We're on a mission YOU NIT!

Felger: I brought Coombs with me!
                              O'Neill: Oh look every body: He's GOT COOMBS WITH HIM!
                              -The look on RDA's face when he does that line is priceless.

Can anybody guess which my favourite episodes is?
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X