• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightwalkers (605)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SIX
    EPISODE NUMBER - 605

Carter, Teal'c and Jonas investigate the death of a scientist with connections to the Goa'uld, and find a small town whose citizens harbor a dark secret.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:26 PM.

This was my favourite ep. of the season. I thought the chemistry between the three was good, and Jonas dipping his food into his shake was a scream.
    sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode. It was nice to see Sam in charge for a change. I also felt like we got to learn some more about Jonas, and his relationship with the team, and his quarks.

As much as I enjoy the Jack character I really didn't miss him in this episode.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Yah, the three person team was great, although i still like Jack as the leader and all, Sam was perfect I also thought it was funny how she slapped Jonas, and at the end of the episode Jonas questioned if it was absolutely nescecary to slap him, then she asks if he wanted lunch, nice little chat
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

That was great, Jonas in the chair and slap right in his face!
          __

__

Comment

And then he talks again, and Sam looks at him like shes going to slap him again.

Comment

This probably rates as one of my favourite Season 6 episodes. It had a wonderfully creepy, Lovecraftian feel to it; with the whole town acting all screwy and sleepwalky. It's actually the episode that inspired the story idea that eventually became The Call.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Yer, that was great as she went to hit him again, but she witheld herself
                __

__

Comment

It was great that she was going to hit him again? Or it was great as in funny. Anyways, i liked the part where Sam tells Jonas to watch Teal'c, and she goes over to Teal'c and tells him to watch Jonas.

Comment

Let's talk about the ship that was being built by the townsfolk. How do you think they managed that? Spare parts ordered over the internet? Lots of missing toasters in town? Maybe the Intergalactic Home Shopping Network?

Mr. Prophet- I hadn't actually considered it to be very Lovecraftian, but now that you mention it, it does share certain elements, doesn't it? Like the people of Innsmouth, slowly being changed into something other...

editing out complaint
                    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 20 June 2004, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I was actually kind of disappointed. I was like: Oh, it's only the Goa'uld. I was sure it was some kind of elder things from beyond the stars beaming their own consciousnesses into the sleeping minds of the townsfolk.

So I was close.

Anyway, that's when I came up with the idea of the Elder Threat (originally the Mythos Threat, but that seemed a little too literary for the SGC).

I figure with the ship that they were building was cobbled together from approximate parts ordered through the company and initially at least with the connivance of the Shadow NID group. I don't know if they planned for it to be reusable though; maybe it was just intended to hop them as far as the nearest Stargate. Or, since they're Goa'uld and live for years, maybe it wasn't even a hyperspace-capable vessel; they were just going to sleep it out in sublight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Let's talk about the ship that was being built by the townsfolk. How do you think they managed that? Spare parts ordered over the internet? Lots of missing toasters in town? Maybe the Intergalactic Home Shopping Network?
                        That's kind of a plot hole because they've been working on it for months. Someone had to pay for the parts and if they were special made then they were going to cost a pretty penny. Someone should have noticed all the money being spent.

Plus most compaines make deliveries during the day time hours so who would accept delivery if they dont know what it is or why it's there?
                        Last edited by bcmilco; 20 June 2004, 07:55 PM.
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I wrote a Stargate/Cthulhu crossover fic once. Ended up being rather mangled, but it was still loads of fun to write and I still think it'd be brilliant if TPTB found some way to add in the Elder Gods to a Stargate story. I don't even think there'd be an issue of copyright infringement. For some reason I want to say that it's all open-ended now. I could be wrong about that but I seem to recall doing a brief skim-over when I was working on my fic.

I agree with you about Nightwalkers. I thought it was a fun ep, but the end result was a little disappointing. Just a bunch of half-snake zombies and even that wasn't taken to the lengths to which it could have been taken in order to make it truly interesting and terrifying.

It could have been a great set-up to "something even WORSE than the Goa'uld..."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            I wrote a Stargate/Cthulhu crossover fic once. Ended up being rather mangled, but it was still loads of fun to write and I still think it'd be brilliant if TPTB found some way to add in the Elder Gods to a Stargate story. I don't even think there'd be an issue of copyright infringement. For some reason I want to say that it's all open-ended now. I could be wrong about that but I seem to recall doing a brief skim-over when I was working on my fic.
                            I'm not sure. Lovecraft's stuff may be out of date, but I think Chaosium still owns some level of rights. It might just be for RPGs, but certainly TSR got into trouble when they produced D&D stats for the Mythos gods.

I agree with you about Nightwalkers. I thought it was a fun ep, but the end result was a little disappointing. Just a bunch of half-snake zombies and even that wasn't taken to the lengths to which it could have been taken in order to make it truly interesting and terrifying.

It could have been a great set-up to "something even WORSE than the Goa'uld..."
                            You mean <gasp> ...

Marilyn Manson!

Hem. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              You mean <gasp> ...

Marilyn Manson!

Hem. Sorry.
                              LOL! Shush. Don't encourage me.

The only thing scary about Marilyn Manson is his continuing popularity.

Frankly, I'm still waiting for Daniel to either find or reveal that he has a copy of the Necromonicon... If we could at least see it on his bookshelf or something. *sigh*

At least Nightwalkers was a good example (IMO) of Carter's ability to lead and of the team's general competence and cohesion without Jack being around.

And I loved Jonas's keen observations. And the whole thing with onion rings and chocolate frappe (which really is remarkably good).

Comment

Working...
                              X