This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of the new baddies? SPOILERS

The new baddies in Atlantis are the Wraiths. Do they have a ghost of a chance, or will they be more fearsome than the goa'uld?

Here's what GateWorld says about the Wraiths:

THE WRAITH. They are the enemy that defeated the Ancients themselves long ago. The Wraith are a hive-based species with a queen, and horrifically feed off the life force of other beings. They maintain a thousand worlds populated by beings used for food. The Wraith are described as having pale green-tinged skin and black eyes, and have an incredible power to regenerate -- so much so that Dr. Beckett speculates that they may not even die of old age the same way that humans do. They also appear to have some form of psionic ability.
    sigpic

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with them. I'm reserving judgement until I see them in action. Does July seem really really far away to anyone else? Although I'm really looking forward to seeing it at Gatecon.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

They sound a lot like the wraiths in Philip Pullman's Dark Materials trilogy! Apart from the hive thing, they're dead ringers really.

That aside, I've not really seen that sort of baddie in many other sci fi places, so on that score I'm really interested to see what they do with them and how inventive they are with them.
      sigpic

Comment

I think they look more dangerous and terrifying than the goa'uld... Goa'uld turned ridiculous. I hope they won't make the same mistake with the Wraith!

Comment

i really cannot wait to see what they do with them and they sound so evil i hope they are the equivelant to what the goa'uld are in sg-1 if not better. And thinkin long term i cant wait to see what the atlanis answer is to the replicators of sg-1. i would be so disappointed if the wraith were the only enemy in atlantis.

Comment

Judging by the description alone, I'd say they have the potential to be a great, scary enemy. In a way, they do sound far worse than the goa'uld, but that may just be because after seven seasons I'm just so accustomed to the idea of little snakes invading a persons brain and taking over their body. When you think about that aspect of it, rather than all the colorful goa'uld characters we've seen over the years, they do seem kinda bad.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I hope they dont make them too cheesie tbh, If they gop about it in the wrong way the wraith could turn out to be terrible, also i had a thought the other day.

SPOILERS FOR GRACE
              When the mysterious ship in grace won the battle, they took the crew on board and kept them all alive, then we never saw what the aliens looked like or even heard from them, what are the chances that this ship was a wraith ship and they were keeping the crew for food lol

Comment

I thought the wraith seemed really cool from the spoiler descriptions on gateworld, I had ideas of large demonic insects feeding from sg-1's brains. However, now that i've seen the wraith queen i'm not so excited. I would have prefered a less humanoid race, though i suppose the blue skin helps towards that end.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                  I thought the wraith seemed really cool from the spoiler descriptions on gateworld, I had ideas of large demonic insects feeding from sg-1's brains. However, now that i've seen the wraith queen i'm not so excited. I would have prefered a less humanoid race, though i suppose the blue skin helps towards that end.
                  Ah, but a less humanoid race would mean, most likely, CG bad guys, and I think we can all agree actors in makeup are better...

Comment

Here's some screencaps of the Wraith Queen I made from the SciFi commercial:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Lol, those images look pretty scary. Looks like marilyn manson on lsd....now theres an enemy.

Comment

They can't be "less human" because then it would just cost way too much for the show. I thought they looked like crap, but after that commerical they act really cool. The queen sound was awesome. I hope it's not like the Goul'd in that after the first few episodes they all speak English. I want some cool mean sounds language.
                        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I think it would be cool if the Wraith were NOT a super highly advanced race who were on a level par with the Ancients. Much better realism (and hope for our chances against them ) if they were more of a sly, backstabbing species, who wiped out the ancients by poisoning their wine or something

Comment

Their ships look awsome, atleast their fighters. Would be so cool if SGC would lose the address to some Milky Way stargate so the Wraith would have raiding parties so get tech and food.

Minor Spoiler S8 - New Ground
                            Highlight to Read.
                            That would force the SGC to fight are war on two fronts, while still having the Goa'uld and Replicators to worry about.

Comment

i think the wraith have a lot of potential to be a realy evil bad guy. i hope they play them as truly evil with no middle ground. with the goa'uld they were bad but they were all megolomaniacs and at war with each other so while threatening there was no real spectere of evil about them. also with the goa'uld using hosts there is the moral fact that you are killing an innocent as well. I hope that they play the wraith as just pure evil, something that we can not negotiate with but that we dont need to think twice about killing because they need to be killed. that would be a great bad guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X