• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Carson Beckett

To find out about the other characters in Atlantis click HERE

DR. CARSON BECKETT
    PLAYED BY - Paul McGillion
    The team's medical doctor, Beckett is a Scottish man with a witty sense of humor. Beckett must become an expert in xenobiology when he joins the expedition to the Pegasus galaxy, and he learns early on that he possesses the rare gene that allows him to use the Ancients' technology.

sigpic

Ooh now I like the look of him. He's another thats been in SG-1 before. He is H-O-T-T hot.
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

I'm thinking he may be a bigger character compared to the rest of the team than Janet was compared to SG-1, I mean, he is getting his own episode pretty early on (Poisoning the Well)

Comment

Good they needed someone with humor. The atlantis team just looks to serious in all the pictures.

Comment

I hope they expand his character presence beyond what Janet got for SG-1.

Comment

Anyone know anything about the actor? Where he comes from? His credits seem to list him as having worked on Candian films mostly. I'm just curious if he's a scottish actor working in canada or a candian actor playing a scotsman.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
            from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

I found it interesting that they had him wear a Scottish National Flag instead of the Union Jack of the UK.

Comment

Scotland is it's own nation? They don't do everything with the others do they?

Comment

i really like dr. beckett. he's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Scotland is it's own nation? They don't do everything with the others do they?
                    In name only. Given their own parlement back in 1998, they now have mostly sutonomous decision on internal matters only, they are still part of the uk and therefore must submit to the UK's forgin policy, national laws, military obligations etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lyoncoeur
                      In name only. Given their own parlement back in 1998, they now have mostly sutonomous decision on internal matters only, they are still part of the uk and therefore must submit to the UK's forgin policy, national laws, military obligations etc.

err....sutonomous = autonomous.

Comment

Well England/UK knows about the Stargate. So sending a Scott to Atlantis isn't wrong either way

Comment

It's Scot with one T, not two

He wears a Scotland Flag on his arm because he's a Scot. Go figure. Scotland is a country. What I find weird is that the English character had a Union Jack. He's English for crying out loud so give him an England Flag to wear.

If you ask why he wasnt wearing a Union Jack then you know thing of the island that bears the countries of Scotland, England and Wales.

Comment

All I could think everytime he was on screen was that he reminded me a lot of Billy Boyd's Pippin in Lord of the Rings. I realize this was largely due to the accent, but I think it was a lot of his mannerisms, too. I also didn't expect him to be carrying the comedy the way he was (didn't keep up to well on my spoilers). I was expecting this very serious character-- probably what automatically springs to mind when I think "doctor" Oy. Threw me for a loop, but I don't really mind. It's always kind of fun to be surprised like that.
                            "Someone duplicated the duplicators?"

~ Jack; Smoke and Mirrors

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

Amelia's Violin - a Jonas/ OC romance. Version 2.0. New, improved, and COMPLETE!!!

A Day in the life of Sparky:

...???... ......!!!.....[ ]..............!!!... .........

The End!!

Comment

beckett had some of the best and funniest lines in the Pilot. I slammed my desk when i heard his voice in the opening scene with him in it.

His voice is quite similar in bits to Billy Boyd, but to be honest his accent is really a Glasgow one, which is where Billy is from. His accent sounds more rural or something. As a Scotsman I can't quite place it.

Comment

Working...
                              X