• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Elizabeth Weir

To find out about the other characters in Atlantis click HERE

DR. ELIZABETH WEIR
    PLAYED BY - Torri Higginson

Attractive, brilliant, and the master of five languages, this 35-year-old started out as a critic of government spending on the military. But she ultimately decided the best way to fight the establishment was to join it and change what she could from within by brokering peace and being a voice of reason to whoever would listen. She worked behind the scenes for the U.S. government as a high level international negotiator for years before being offered command of the Stargate Program by the new President. Now, she has been given the opportunity to lead an international team through the gate to a new galaxy on a grand mission to save all of humanity and she is not one to turn that challenge down.

sigpic

I wonder if they'll mention the fact that the original actress was blonde so she's supposedly un-dyed her hair in 5 minutes...Lol.
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

I'm disappointed in the change of actress's as I liked Jessica Steen.

We'll have to see how this one is.
      It took me forever to make this signature up.

I'm one fry sort of a happy meal!- Jack

Comment

I would have thought that Jessica Steen would have stayed on for Atlantis. It seems strange to go from one face to another
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
          Attractive,
          that describes jessica steen more closely than torri higginson, no offence to her she is an attractive lady, and i dont usually go for blondes (being one myself..the male variety tho) but i just think JS was better for the role...

Comment

I really enjoyed Jessica Steen's performance, and I was surprised that she didn't sign on for Atlantis, considering that Stargate is gaining populatity and you may never get another deal like that.
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

It's not that Steen didn't sign up, the creators didn't want her or something. They should have just got Torri for both and save the trouble, but no they had to be dumb, and people wonder why some doubt the show.

Anyways I think Higginson looks similar and looks fine, just the hair bothers me.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey
                I wonder if they'll mention the fact that the original actress was blonde so she's supposedly un-dyed her hair in 5 minutes...Lol.
                Well Jessica Steen's hair was dyed anyway...

Comment

I do hate it when the actor who is portraying a character changes....*thinks all the way back to Sliders*
                  "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

What Sliders charater had the actor / actress replaced? All I remember is that they make new charaters every other episode.
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

It may be due to legal issues... Like how Teal'c and Sam both aren't appearing in the pilot for Atlantis but Oneill and Daniel can because they were in the original movie... I dunno tho, I do agree that they should have just saved themselves the trouble.

Comment

I'm probably one of the few that didn't really like the original Weir. I found her a little boring...didn't quite fit in. She doesn't seem like someone capable of leading a project like this.
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                          What Sliders charater had the actor / actress replaced? All I remember is that they make new charaters every other episode.
                          In the last season (at least I think it was the last one) some other actor (who's name I can't remember) played Quinn Mallory instead of Jerry O'Connell...they justified it by some wormhole snafu, and calling him "Mallory" instead of "Quinn" the rest of the series.
                          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                            In the last season (at least I think it was the last one) some other actor (who's name I can't remember) played Quinn Mallory instead of Jerry O'Connell...they justified it by some wormhole snafu, and calling him "Mallory" instead of "Quinn" the rest of the series.
                            He was Quinn Mallory, just a Quinn Mallory from another Earth who had been the result of a different sperm/egg combination. Ergo, the same parents, and same name, but different looking person. More like a brother than a twin.

The story was that the new Mallory was also a slider on his world, for the military or a military type organisation if I remember correctly. The two Mallory's collided in a slide, and sort of merged into one. For a while they existed in the same body, but the 'new' Quinn was dominant and eventually took over entirely.

For me the show had jumped the shark when they did away with The Professor, but this was the point that I actually stopped watching. Not because there was only Rembrandt of the original's left, but I couldn't keep watching when I actually only liked one of the actors (the one that played Rembrandt).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                              He was Quinn Mallory, just a Quinn Mallory from another Earth who had been the result of a different sperm/egg combination. Ergo, the same parents, and same name, but different looking person. More like a brother than a twin.

The story was that the new Mallory was also a slider on his world, for the military or a military type organisation if I remember correctly. The two Mallory's collided in a slide, and sort of merged into one. For a while they existed in the same body, but the 'new' Quinn was dominant and eventually took over entirely.

For me the show had jumped the shark when they did away with The Professor, but this was the point that I actually stopped watching. Not because there was only Rembrandt of the original's left, but I couldn't keep watching when I actually only liked one of the actors (the one that played Rembrandt).
                              That's when I stopped watching too. infact, I'm sure many slider fans stopped then.
                              It feels good to be alive.
                              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X