• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covenant - SPOILERS

For the full story click HERE

First plot info on SG-1's 'Covenant'
    APRIL 25, 2004

The first details have surfaced for the upcoming Season Eight episode "Covenant!" Largely an Earth-bound episode, "Covenant" will see the introduction of a new character intended to be recurring: Andrew Colson.
    The episode was written by Ron Wilkerson and Robert C. Cooper, from a story by Wilkerson -- who served as SG-1's story editor back in Season Five, and penned such episodes as "Between Two Fires" and "Red Sky." Martin Wood will direct.
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 30 April 2004, 07:21 AM.
    sigpic

Why is it that the SGC cannot handle people finding out about the program... They always seem to screw it up big-time... Haven't they learned anything yet?

And if Colson doesn't have/had a 'thing' for Carter I'll be shocked... in a good way... My guess is they have him try to make a play for her... *sigh* not another one...

On a positive note I really like Martin Wood I think he's a great director and I love his DVD commentaires the most
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Agreed. Martin Wood is brilliant. The commentary he did with Chris Judge on Changeling was brilliant

It does seem to be the way now that anyone working with Carter falls for her...

Comment

Not....... Hammond!

Comment

Finally, The Sgc Will Be Known To The World

Comment

Martin Wood always does a great job. Does anyone else think Colson might replace Pete?

Comment

spoilers for "Affinity"

No, because according to spoilers for Affinity Pete is still in the picture.
              Last edited by bcmilco; 05 May 2004, 08:06 PM.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

I'm not over-enthused about this one. Where's the draw in "someone might know too much about the SGC"? We've had that before, has it not been done enough?

X-Files did conspiracy theory stuff well, cos we were as clueless as M&S were and wanted to uncover the mysteries with them. People investigating secret stuff isn't so interesting when you're loyalties are with the secret-keepers.

I hope this storyline doesn't extend into more eps, I want as much ofworld exploration of weird and wonderful worlds as can be fitted into a mere 20 eps!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  I'm not over-enthused about this one. Where's the draw in "someone might know too much about the SGC"? We've had that before, has it not been done enough?
                  Yes, IMO it has.

X-Files did conspiracy theory stuff well, cos we were as clueless as M&S were and wanted to uncover the mysteries with them. People investigating secret stuff isn't so interesting when you're loyalties are with the secret-keepers.
                  That's a good point, and very true.

I hope this storyline doesn't extend into more eps
                  The character will, but hopefully he'll just be the catalyst for change in the galaxy... well I can hope can't I?

I want as much ofworld exploration of weird and wonderful worlds as can be fitted into a mere 20 eps!
                  Yes, why did scifi only order 20 episodes? Does anyone know their reasoning?
                  Last edited by bcmilco; 05 May 2004, 08:51 PM. Reason: darn, stupid, spelling... who said it had to be right?
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    Yes, why did scifi only order 20 episodes? Does anyone know their reasoning?
                    Money, almost certainly. With the show's pricetag slowly notching up each year (inflation and all that), the network probably decided they didn't want to pay more for S8 than they did for S7.

Hence, they could only afford 20 episodes.

Hopefully they'll spend the rest of their budget this next year on something more worth-while than Mad Mad House and recycled syndication series. I could really go for some ... oh, I don't know -- science fiction?!!
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                      Money, almost certainly. With the show's pricetag slowly notching up each year (inflation and all that), the network probably decided they didn't want to pay more for S8 than they did for S7.
                      But the show still get's them the best ratings they've ever had, I fail to see the logic in that thinking...

My first instinct was that it was money related, but then I saw ads for Mad Mad House and Tripping the Rift, and figured, if their throwing money away they must have some to spare.

Frankly I don't know why they thought that trash would interest viewers like us, the scifi watching population.

I really hope they learned their lesson and put on some more worth while shows.

Covenent, yes, still not looking forward to it that much...
                      Last edited by bcmilco; 05 May 2004, 11:23 PM. Reason: to get back on topic
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                        For the full story click HERE

First plot info on SG-1's 'Covenant'
                        APRIL 25, 2004

The first details have surfaced for the upcoming Season Eight episode "Covenant!" Largely an Earth-bound episode, "Covenant" will see the introduction of a new character intended to be recurring: Andrew Colson.
                        The episode was written by Ron Wilkerson and Robert C. Cooper, from a story by Wilkerson -- who served as SG-1's story editor back in Season Five, and penned such episodes as "Between Two Fires" and "Red Sky." Martin Wood will direct.
                        So, maybe it is really a Donald Trump character with an ego out of control looking for a reality tv gig on who gets to be on Stargate?
                        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

A big chunk of the budget must be going into RDA's pocket to keep him around.

Too early for me to have a real opinion of this episode. Could be good, could be fodder.
                          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

I was wondering how long the "Meteor Shower That Only Hit Strategic Targets" story would hold up..
                            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                              I was wondering how long the "Meteor Shower That Only Hit Strategic Targets" story would hold up..
                              Probably until the start of this episode

Comment

Working...
                              X