• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt. Elliot in Atlantis

For the full story click HERE

Courtenay Stevens back for Stargate Atlantis
    APRIL 29, 2004

Actor Courtenay J. Stevens just might be on his way back to the Stargate universe, according to new information at the
    Internet Movie Database. The actor, who portrayed the recurring but ill-fated young recruit Lt. Elliot in three episodes of SG-1's fifth season, is listed as appearing in the Stargate Atlantis episode "Childhood's End," in the lead role of Keras.

Last edited by GateGipsy; 30 April 2004, 07:24 AM.
    sigpic

Woo hoo! Elliot's back! Another encouraging sign from Atlantis. Will be curious to see how that works out. Not gonna read any spoilers just yet.

Hope he sticks around. Nice character and a cutie to boot.

Comment

But if I'm reading this right, the character won't be back. Just the actor in a new role. I'm gonna reserve judgement, but generally I don't think it's a good idea to have an actor who's had his character appear in multiple episodes to portray another character all of a sudden. Unless he's under a pile of make-up or something and he's not easily recognizable, as has often been the case with Dion Johnstone.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I liked the actor. He had done his job very well. Im looking forward to see him again in another role
        Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Ah. Hmmm. NOT as Elliot? That's a different story, then. I'm with Ugly Pig, then. I'll have to reserve judgement. I like the actor just fine, but I DON'T like it when TPTB take an actor who has had a central, visible role in several eps and then make him into another character. It's confusing. And the excuse of, "Oh, well, he was Elliot on SG-1, but he's KERAS on Atlantis, so that's OK" doesn't work for me. The shows are set in the same universe so the same rules should apply.

Comment

What about the Ashrak from ItLoD coming back in Revisions, they were both central roles.. Tyler and Nelson, they were both central... or what about Cassandra changing? Meh, what the hell, he's a good actor, it should be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              What about the Ashrak from ItLoD coming back in Revisions, they were both central roles.. Tyler and Nelson, they were both central... or what about Cassandra changing? Meh, what the hell, he's a good actor, it should be fine!
              Didn't like Revisions. Also, oddly, I'm not sure I've ever seen ItLoD. Shocking, I know.

Actors changing because of age or unavailability is a little more common... although I'm still irked about the re-casting of Weir...

Comment

I have to agree I'm not too thrilled that they are bringing him back as someone else. If he looks differenent enough that's fine but if he still looks the same it'll throw me off.

As for ITLoD and Revisions I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out I think it was the grey hair and the Link

I did however notice the actor from Demons/Cor'ai and that was distracting for me. Of course I found the fact that they used the same actor in Demons more interesting then the whole episode
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

i think that if he does a good job then its great but if his character is the same as lt. Elliot then its bad. He seemed like a good actor as Lt. Elliot and if he does the character right then we shouldnt even think of Elliot and that is the mark of a good actor

Comment

Wooooooooooooooooooooo Court Stevens is hot. I'm so glad he's back but I wish it was on SG-1 as Elliott.

Julie Patzwald and Shane Meier are also in this ep they were boyfriend and girlfriend in "100 Days."

I disagree about Dion, by the way. Although if they do bring him back again, which I hope they do, then he should be in prosthetics as we have seen him twice without. As lovely as his face may be. <sigh.>
                    ------
                    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Don't forget Christian Borcher, who was both Major Newman and Raymonde Gunn as Dr Levant.

This sort of thing actually happens all the time in television; I lost count of the number of doubles in Buffy the Vampire Slayer's history. I'm actually a little surprised that neither Brian Thompson nor Tony Todd have been in Stargate yet; they do a lot of the genre shows.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Don't forget about David Palffy...
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here and I just wanted to say hello. I just re-watch Proving Ground again (which is one of my favorite episodes) and I really liked Lt. Elliot. I wasn't happy at all when he got killed off later. So, I'm looking forward to seeing him again on Atlantis. I know it's not the same, but I liked the actor playing him. Thanks.

Gorengirl

Comment

Working...
                          X