• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sentinel (520)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 520

SG-1 must turn to a pair of convicted criminals to save a world from annihilation by the Goa'uld.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:31 PM.

Ramifications of previous NID actions. Interesting concept to play around with, but I think the exicution wasn't quite as strong as could have been because in the end the good guys come home alive and the bad guys are dead or beaten.

I think it could have been a lot more poignant had SG-1 not been able to save the people and they had been wiped out, or imprisoned.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

The whole time while I was watching I expected the NID agents, or at least one of them, to turn on Sg-1, but they never did. I thought there was a certain degree of poignancy in their story of sacrifice and redemption.
      In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

I did enjoy watching this for the most part, but I found the resolution to be a bit predictable.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I saw this episode but I don't remember anything, so it must have not been this good.

Comment

SG-1 needs to care less about other worlds and defend earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
              I saw this episode but I don't remember anything, so it must have not been this good.
              So with you on this one.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                I remember the leader of the planet was the Illinois Nazi from the "Blues Brothers".

Comment

Oh yeah... "I hate Illinois Nazis" :drives a car into them:

Comment

OK. I went back and re-watched this one, and actually concentrated on it this time. This was better than I remembered, although I did find the planets leader a bit annoying. It was nice to see the "rogues" doing something useful for a change.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great episode the following dialogue exchange:

"I'm glad to know that an archeologist is guarding our backs."
                      Examins bayonet, "Which end do the bullets go in?"

Comment

I liked the reference way back to Season 3, and I thought that inserting Kershaw and whats-his-name into the scenes from Shades of Gray was a nice touch. Much of the episode felt like a rehash of Thor's Chariot, unfortunately, without the unspeakably cool Asgard ship appearing at the end. I gotta saw though, Kershaw sure is a cutie. She looks a lot better here than as a gill-faced Spirit.
                        END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                          I did enjoy watching this for the most part, but I found the resolution to be a bit predictable.
                          Yes it really was he.I knew it all a long.I thought the guy would make his move to escape but it's a good episode 'I am Svarog' hihihi that voice and then the old dude
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

I just watched this again, and was wondering why Teal'c didn't get killed when the Sentinel was reactivated.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                              I just watched this again, and was wondering why Teal'c didn't get killed when the Sentinel was reactivated.
                              What no help here?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X