The Sentinel (520)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selmak
    SG-1 needs to care less about other worlds and defend earth.
    That's a bit of an odd thing to say.

Firstly it was Earth people (even if they were a rogue team) who put the people in the situation where they were vulnerable to the Goa'uld. In that case, it is up to us to fix it.

Secondly, by getting the Sentinel to work, it was possible (and presumably still is) that we (ie the SGC) could develop a similar defence. That is one of the reasons why the SGC was so keen to right the wrong.

I love this ep (as I love any mention of the rogue teams) and like the way it was (a tad clumsily) tied into SoG. The most poignant moment for me was the little exchange between Jack and Daniel where Daniel expresses the hope that the two rogue team members got some time off their sentences. The look on his face when Jack says that no, actually, they got more really drives home the seriousness of the punishment for those guys.

I have some serious niggles with this ep (Grogan asleep in plain view, anyone?) but on the whole think it's one of the better efforts in any season.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

And of course the rogues redeemed themselves in the end by dying. No messy follow-up.
      I hadn't thought of the T'ealc issue--maybe the Sentinel knows he's good now that the former SG guy (can't remember his name) is part of the machine. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
        I have some serious niggles with this ep (Grogan asleep in plain view, anyone?) but on the whole think it's one of the better efforts in any season.
        I quite agree with you Major. This is my favorite episode in season five. Definitely not perfect, but a great episode nonetheless.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
          I quite agree with you Major. This is my favorite episode in season five. Definitely not perfect, but a great episode nonetheless.
          I watched this episode again.Great episode but I agree with Kliggins,not perfect but it is not my favourite episode of season 5
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
            I watched this episode again.Great episode but I agree with Kliggins,not perfect but it is not my favourite episode of season 5
            so get on over to the relevant thread, then, and tell us what is!!

(if you show me yours, I'll show you mine )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
              so get on over to the relevant thread, then, and tell us what is!!

(if you show me yours, I'll show you mine )
              my favourite episode of Season 5 is 'summit'.I liked the episode so much.The first time I watched it I couldn't sit still.I was really excited.Lots of action and excitement.Ah I think I'm going to watch smmit again right now.
              Lord Zedd

Comment

Mine is probably Enemies. Yep, Enemies. Really exciting ep with added bicep.

sigpic

Comment

Revelations was my favorite of Season 5

Comment

i dont even get why they put revelations in season 5. or at least the very end of season 5. i mean, why not somewhere in the middle, and have the one with daniel ascending as the last ep. (and they couldve incorporated daniel into and changed the script)
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

sorry, I know I joined in... perhaps we can nudge this back on topic?

thanks

if you want to continue the discussion, how about popping over to the Favourite Season 5 Ep poll and discussion

thanks

Major Clanger
                      GateWorld Moderator

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I thought that they coulda done just a little bit better. This is one of two shows of Stargate that to date, I had not seen, and I probably would've enjoyed it a little more if the Goa'uld had actually come down himself instead of just announcing himself through space. But it was still pretty good.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

This is the only episode I hadn't seen, and I saw it for the first time on my DVD boxset. I just can't help but feel that I didn't miss much by not seeing it earlier.

Anyone heard the commentary from this episode? It's so funny! It's the Chevron Guy! Yay!

Comment

could the sentinel people be the furlings because their tech is really advanced. The furlings could have given up tech and went on spiritually like the man said his people had done in sentinel.The sentinel is more advanced than any asgard weapon.
                            Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                            Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                            - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                            - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Enjoyed the episode, but two little things at the ery end slightly irritated me.

1. How come Teal'c survived - usually they deal with that issue, but this time (because they didn't have time, probably). it was ignored.

2. I may be wrong, but, at the end, we see in the background Daniel going straight to Jack - but he was on the other side of the forcefield, that took at least an hour to deactivate previously.

They are only little things - but usually, there aren't any that i notice at all ... i've been watching too much stargate recently!
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I liked this. I think after all the Jaffa were removed, the force field shut down. That is probably why Daniel could walk straight over.

Comment

Working...
                                X