• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proving Ground (513)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 513

While training cadets at a secret facility, O'Neill learns of a possible alien incursion at the S.G.C. -- and must take a group of raw cadets into a real battle situation.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:49 PM.

OK, Tin Man had me fooled the first time I watched (it never occurred to me that we were watching duplicates), but I never believed this one was anything but a training exercise. How about you guys?
    Fitness Buddies

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
      but I never believed this one was anything but a training exercise. How about you guys?
      I agree. I think it was pretty obvious that it was another training especially after they screwed the first one... still, Jack played his part pretty convincing. But I liked this episode, not my favourite in season 5 but still, I think it was interesting to see how they pick the new SG-Team members. Also liked to see Hailey again.

Comment

This episode wasn't the greatest but it wasn't the worst. It's good how they convinced each other it was real
        __

__

Comment

Interestingly, the cadet/rookie LT episodes stretch my military credulity a lot more than if Jack and Sam would run off and do the nasty for the weekend. I have a hard time believing the AF would assign anyone straight out of school to something as remotely important/sensitive as the SG program.

I was in the army for a few years and the only 2nd LTs I met that weren't clueless were the ones who had started out on the enlisted side of the house
          Fitness Buddies

Comment

Yeah, the idea of Golden Nuggets (I think that's what an AF 2nd Lt. is called) or new lieutenants from any other service being assigned to SG units seems a bit of a reach. You'd expect that most SG team members would be recruited from special forces or out of academia (archeologists).

I didn't get fooled by the "test" either, although I didn't see Hailey's involvement coming. Yep, wasn't a bad episode. Not my favorite in the season, but it was entertaining.
            There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Personally I'm curious about what they made Hailey go through to get into the SGC, and I'm a bit dissapointed that Proving Ground was the last we saw of her.
              - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
              THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
              BM: "Aren't they all?"
              www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
              www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard-VA
                Yeah, the idea of Golden Nuggets (I think that's what an AF 2nd Lt. is called) or new lieutenants from any other service being assigned to SG units seems a bit of a reach. You'd expect that most SG team members would be recruited from special forces or out of academia (archeologists). ...
                Sounds about right. I've also heard that the 2nd Lt. insignia referred to as "Butter Bars".

There's a fanfic scenario where an 2nd Lieutenant who recently graduated from the Academy got pushed into the Stargate program on the grace that she was selected to be an evacuee to the Alpha Site during the "Within the Serpent's Lair" crisis (being one of the best and the brightest, regardless of age or experience). Afterwards, she was retained to serve in the SG program after the Alpha Site refugees were recalled.

Comment

Who thought the scene where Sam and Jack are talking about the recruits was funny?
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I like the conversation a lot, maybe the best part of the ep, IMHO. I love Jacks comment on Hailey "Four foot nine fightin' machine" and the "I was never their age" line.

Comment

I that guy that kept getting shot was funny

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                        OK, Tin Man had me fooled the first time I watched (it never occurred to me that we were watching duplicates), but I never believed this one was anything but a training exercise. How about you guys?
                        Nope. Didn't fool me for a second, still didn't detract from me liking the episode. I enjoy episodes that show the hardships and what it takes to become what the cadets attain to be. Now if only Grace Park were to come back all would be well

Comment

I thought it was real when jack switched the clip on his gun.

Comment

Nice to see the cadets. esp Hayleigh.
                            sigpic

Comment

It was nice to see that girl from prodigy again.

Comment

Working...
                              X