Wormhole X-Treme! (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu
    Hey, I loved "Grace"! I guess you don't like mushy stuff.
    OK, don't tell anyone I said this, or they'll never take my Mean side seriously again: I love mush.

The thing with Grace was it came (for me) out of left field and smacked me in the face with a baseball bat. And it really made my eyeballs spin. I'm hyper critical of it, I know, but it was hyped up (I think) too much.

To get back on topic: I agree with bcm, if jokes can't be understood, they can't be funny.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

t
      Originally posted by Major Clanger
      they could have added a "why do they all speak English"
      They did have a why do they all speak english line-

MARTIN: Okay, scene 23 takes place on another planet. You think aliens eat apples?

PROPS GUY: Why not? They speak English.

(thanks to SG1_Transcripts)

I still have not seen the commentaries, but picked up a lot of the injokes from online fandom. I'd say its my favorite of the comedy oriented eps. (Urgo was just too manic and annoying for me and TOG <shudder>.)

I think they would have done better to put in less plot and spoof (I mean 'homage') more sci-fi cliches. Might have gotten it out of their systems, and in a more appropriate way than s7.

OT: Could we get cringe and/or shudder smilies?
      Last edited by xathras; 02 May 2004, 11:45 AM. Reason: forgot part of what I meant to say

Comment

ok, thanks for that. I stand corrected.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

its only worth watching for the outtakes at the end...

Comment

Wormhole X-treme! wasn't amongst my favourite episodes. It had its humour but I think at the time they just wanted something to fill in another episode. Not a favourite but take it or leave it
            __

__

Comment

I'm gonna start a poll just to see who likes WXT and who doesn't.

No wait, I can't... why so many restrictions here, this is starting to look more and more like Delphi
              Last edited by Teal'c; 03 May 2004, 02:03 PM.

Comment

The first time I saw "Wormhole X-treme!" I cringed. The more I learned about the episode and the more I saw how much fun the cast and crew had making it, the more I started to like it. It's not my favorite ep of S5, but it's in the top five. It's easier to take for hardcore SG-1 fans, IMO, if you know going into the ep it's a light hearted romp.
                Slainte gg
                Slainte
                "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Yeah.. but you really shouldn't have to know what an episode is supposed to be before watching it.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

i think the reason i accepted this episode so quickly was because i knew that it was the 100 ep. celebration and they were paradying themselves so i was "braced" for jokes and the such. since my mood when watching the ep was "lighhearted" the ep. was amazing to me...i guess if i was expecing a heavy moral dilema filled ep. like the other side i would have been disappointed...or if i never saw stargate before i would be quite confused but yeah...long time fan so i did get most of the inside jokes...:-) it's a classic 100th episode...episode...
                    My flickr photography.

Comment

Like Galaxy Quest, this episode should be watched with a bunch of fellow geeks and a sixpack at your side.

Personally, I greatly prefer the WoO grown-naturally-out-of-the-story humor to the heavy-handed stuff in this and the Other Guys, but... having grown up on the original Star Trek, it was fun watching Kirk get slammed. It spoofed a lot of sci-fi shows, actually, besides SG.
                      Fitness Buddies

Comment

I thought that it was really funny, the first time I saw it. The second time I began to pick holes in it. The third time it began to annoy. There hasn't been a fourth time!
                        sigpic

Comment

I regard it as the worse episode of stargate Sg1, Every series even one as good as SG1 has stinky poopie episode, I didnt find any of the jokes funny.

Except the part were Danner , Says his shirt says Colonel on it.

Urgo is a close second, but it scores points for being cute and somewhat funny.
                          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I thought it was... an ok episode? I don't know, it was down there with the 'i don't care about' episodes, but its at the top of the 'interestingly funny' episodes.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I liked this episode very much. I don't even pretend to think I got all the inside jokes, but I got enough.

Taken in the context of being the 100th episode and done for the cast and crew, as well as the audience, I thought it was a really nice compromise.
                              sigpic

Comment

For someone who hasn't seen all the DVD special features, I would put this episode under mediocre stories.

But there hasn't been any other episode that got so many inside-jokes. Although I have watched it countless times, there are still guys in the background that I recognize only now as person X of the crew (thanks to all the DVD features).

Story: 4/10
                                Fun (with the audio commentary): IMO 8/10

And since I didn't overly enjoy season 5, probably one of the best eps of S5 (IMO).
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X