• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 (510)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 510

SG-1 encounters a potential new, technologically advanced ally in the war against the Goa'uld -- though they do not know the Aschen's dark secret.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:34 PM.

I love how they did a follow-up on the Aschen here. I really hope the pitched idea on more of them in Season Eight holds true. I thought 2010's ending wasn't quite as good on its own without 2001's.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I really liked how they went back and showed us what might have happened to forge an allianc with the Aschen.
      I too would like to see the third installment show up in season 8. They show up with ships to finish the job, but we launch some more Ancient drones at 'em.
      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I like how the episodes within this story arc all are dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
          I love how they did a follow-up on the Aschen here. I really hope the pitched idea on more of them in Season Eight holds true. I thought 2010's ending wasn't quite as good on its own without 2001's.
          Quite right. If you take the Aschen episodes as separate bodies of work, they are kind of lacking. If you put them together as a whole, then they are good.

Comment

What would the next Aschen episode be called... 2004?

Comment

Liked this ep, but disliked 2010. Too big a paradox left at the end.
              sigpic

Comment

Wasn't a paradox.. They just created an alternate timeline.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I didn't think so... but I could be wrong... I usually am

Comment

So Joe was just left with the Aschen?

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                      So Joe was just left with the Aschen?
                      Lisa Michelle
                      The ending left many more questions than it answered... it's obvious they can't just open the stargate and go back and see if they're still there - cuz that bio-bomb will be waiting... but what of Joe? He knows a bit about Earth, even if he's not fully informed about the SGC and the whole program - he knows enough to be dangerous.

On the other hand, if they opened up the black hole stargate, maybe they'll be busy for a few years (or hours in their relative time warp) until they get ripped up by gravity. Of course, they ignite gas giant planets to make stars by manipulating mass & gravity - maybe the black hole isn't a great big problem for them??

Have to wonder what happens to the planets that are part of the "Aschen Confederation" - if something happened to the Aschen homeworld...

I love the way they brought the Aschen back in from 2010 though - I wondered how they would know if they ever bumped into them somewhere else...
                      A top-secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a stargate. (Marty)
                      Sounds like a good idea for a TV show - if you're into that sort of thing. (O'Neill)

Comment

i liked this episode although i did feel a bit sorry for joe, and sam for that matter when she fell through the stargate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hidden_envy
                          i liked this episode although i did feel a bit sorry for joe, and sam for that matter when she fell through the stargate!!!
                          Joe Mallozzi said Joe isn't dead, so he could be back...
                          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                            Joe Mallozzi said Joe isn't dead, so he could be back...
                            true,but still he got stuck there!

Comment

Originally posted by hidden_envy
                              true,but still he got stuck there!
                              And the money in my pocket says that if they do ever follow up on the Aschen arc, Joe will be brainwashed!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X