No announcement yet.

2001 (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised no one caught the plot hole big enough for a mac truck to drive through. It's been well established that the iris is only opened when an SG activation code is sent though the worm hole. Why did Sam need to go ahead and warn them to close the iris? There was no reason for her to risk her life, and, by the way, she should have dropped down into the iris and died, since clearly she didn't send those codes. An unfortunate ending to an otherwise well written episode.

Comment

Originally posted by blicht10069
      and, by the way, she should have dropped down into the iris and died, since clearly she didn't send those codes. An unfortunate ending to an otherwise well written episode.

I thought Sam entered the SG-1 Iris code before droping down into the Stargate, altough I agree with your earlier point about she didnt need to do it in the first place, because it would have smashed against the iris anyway.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
      legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I thought Sam entered the SG-1 Iris code before droping down into the Stargate,
        Yes, you quite clearly see Sam enter the code into the GDO on her wrist, just before she cuts the rope.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Even if that's the case, why did she have them open the iris so that she could jump through just to warn them to close the iris? Sam may have a serious psychological disorder in which she needs to compete with the rest of the sg-1 team to be a hero -- so much so that she'll put the world at risk just to save it.

Comment

I think Sam was just acting on that funny little desire to live. If Sam had waited until after the Aschen had released the bomb, they might have had time to capture her. She would be stuck on the planet as the Aschen gated to the black hole galaxy, and life would not be too swell, if she was alive at all.
            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Sam is way to important if she didnt go back we would have lost her forever and that could possibly be the cause of the human race falling to the gou'ld.
              sigpic

Comment

A great trillogy of episodes, i like the 60s in 1969 and 2010 was a brilliant episode for SG1 and one of my faves, 2001 however left me asking more questions than 2010 answered, if indeed there is to be a follow up in season 10 or season 11 then i hope they can finally hit the nail on the head and put this irritating enemy to bed for good.
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

What do you mean they gave them the addres to the black hole they are probably dead!
                  sigpic

Comment

There's no guarantee of that, of course. Given that one of the effects of a black hole is time dilation, they're probably still alive - just moving very, very, very sloooooooowly...

With a bit of luck, they can get on with trying to shut their gate down for a few millennia while the rest of the galaxy develops superior technology to them and they emerge to discover that they're the techno-bumpkins now. That'd serve 'em right.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ya that would be cool!
                      But eventualy there entire world will be sucked into the blackhole through the gate. It dosent just slow down time it can destroy things.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know - but I'm working on the speculative assumption that they will eventually figure out how to shut their gate down (we did, after all) before the entire Aschen homeworld gets squished down to the size of a small grape seed. Admittedly, from their point of view it's not going to take that long, but there's no telling how far the time dilation effect would spread around the planet from the gate before things actually started being shredded by the gravitational forces involved.

On the other hand, I could be talking utter twaddle.

I think I prefer the idea of the Aschen emerging to find themselves at the bottom of the technological pecking order, myself. That means that we can all have a jolly good gloat at them.

Not that I'm generally a gloaty person or anything...
                        sigpic

Comment

Ya that would be cool.
                          sigpic

Comment

Worst case scenario is they escape the black hole and then use the gate to back in time and then screw up the timeline

joke of course I think we have probably seen the last of these guys but you never knwo of course TPTb may get tired of the Ori and the Lucian alliance and decide on the Aschen!!
                            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Always a possibility, Or maybe we go for them for help it's there galaxy too.(Against the ori)
                              sigpic

Comment

As I said before Aschen was scary. Behind their polite and expressioness manner they were pure evil , just trying to expend whatever happened to other societies they encountered. And using them mean while. In this episode we have seen how far they were willing to go ( as last resort they deployed their bio weapons through Stargate. Iris saved Earth again. )

Meanwhile ancient Volian city and newspapers Daniel found there were like a cry of warning from past. Chilly... I hope that they were obliterated by black hole. They deserved that. Too bad about Joe through.
                                Last edited by desert fox; 15 June 2006, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X