2001 (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G
    And the money in my pocket says that if they do ever follow up on the Aschen arc, Joe will be brainwashed!
    I really hope we find out, and since the GateWorld news article said season nine would "revisit the past" we can only hope that the Aschen arc is part of it.
    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
      And the money in my pocket says that if they do ever follow up on the Aschen arc, Joe will be brainwashed!
      aw,poor joe, trapped on a strange planet and then brainwashed! aint got much luck that guy...

Comment

It surprised me that they never proposed to go rescue Joe. I'm pretty sure they would have for anyone else. I hope it's because TPTB plan to do something with him and not just to get rid of another one of Carter's suitors, because they've already shown us they could have ended up married and that would have killed the SJ ship Then again, I like Joe way better than Shanahan.

We can also say that 1969 is part of the Aschen arc. It introduces us to time travel, and we can see the connection with the title being a date.

I love this little trilogy I thought it was great that they separated the events in each and stuck them in different seasons. Much better than have them be one after the other.
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
          It surprised me that they never proposed to go rescue Joe. I'm pretty sure they would have for anyone else. I hope it's because TPTB plan to do something with him and not just to get rid of another one of Carter's suitors, because they've already shown us they could have ended up married and that would have killed the SJ ship Then again, I like Joe way better than Shanahan.
          Lol, yeah, that was sad. But he's a diplomat. They're expendable.
          I really liked Joe and amen that he's better than Shanahan. Of course, that's not saying much.
          I wish they would have another episode with him though where he comes back (and if he's brainwashed, all the more fun!). The Aschen could definitely be revisited and should in Season 9. *cross fingers and hopes*
          !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
            Maybe they thought that if they didn't respond, the Ashchen would believe the bio weapon had worked. Joe wasn't the most important person to the SGC, so it (unfortunately) is a neccessary sacrifice.
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I like the ep but hated the fact that they could have opened any other StarGate first before opening the Blackhole one.

Unless of course they were dumb enough to follow the numbers of the star gate as they were listed.

Comment

They said that each planet got worse as you went along, so if they opened up a gate OTHER than the Blackhole one, then they'd be in MORE trouble!
                FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                  They said that each planet got worse as you went along, so if they opened up a gate OTHER than the Blackhole one, then they'd be in MORE trouble!
                  that's what I said

Comment

All photos are screen captures from the episode '2001'

When I was stepping through the frames on the DVD, I realized that they were actually showing us the SGC end of the wormhole as we approached it from inside the wormhole! (It's the bright white area).

I agree, MajorSal, this was one of my favorite Sam-scenes. And it was just an exceptionally cool scene...To hang over the horizontal gate, cut the rope and then free-fall into the wormhole...and then shoot out onto the SGC ramp! Just a cool idea and they filmed it exceptionally well.

Now, the guys' lack of reaction? I was astounded with that when I saw the episode... the guys' lack of reaction just looked cold and... it didn't look like they were in the scene... looked like they were still waiting for the director to say 'OK, this one's for real'! Part of the effect however, is the way the scene was cut -- when I was stepping through the frames as Sam tumbled down the ramp, you can see Jack and Daniel are reacting in the background- Jack is wincing and grimacing empathetically as Sam repeatedly bangs into the ramp and Daniel looks like he wants to help. However, as soon as Sam stops, the guys just stand there. The director needed to do something about that.

Now, for those whose eyesight was too challenged by the above small pics, here are some larger versions that are easier to see.

All of these images are screen captures from the episode 2001.

Comment

I had mixed feelings about this episode.

What I liked:

-Daniel's discovering the old city and newspapers -- great detective work.
                      -Sam's excellent final scene with free-falling through the wormhole -- incredibly cool!
                      -Sam's 'oh what does this word mean?' and catching the Aschen off guard. Fools!
                      -Aschen ship and harvester technology

What I didn't like:

-Joe, interfering with my shippy hopes for Sam and Jack. At least things were nipped in the bud...but it made me wince, especially when Joe asked Sam out right in front of Jack.
                      -Col. Simmons, good lord I hate that man more than words can describe.
                      -Kinsey, what a little swine.
                      -stupid people not listening to wise Jack

It was definitely a good episode, but a very emotionally evolved one for me, because I felt very strongly about some of the negative aspects.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a followup on the Aschen in the future. I'm sure we will have to eventually encounter them again.

Comment

Originally posted by hidden_envy
                        i liked this episode although i did feel a bit sorry for joe, and sam for that matter when she fell through the stargate!!!
                        me too. poor Joe
                        the actor was very handsome

Comment

I liked this one. I also liked how others were starting to see Jack's point of view about the Aschen. Daniel with his discoveries. Hammond and Walter regarding the probability the Aschen were from the locked out world.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                            Kinsey, what a little swine.
                            So true. Once again, he's lost his chance take control of the Stargate Program and any future alien-alliance stuff which, apart from vastly enlarging his personal power and wealth (for sure) would have (he assumed) turned him into some seriously cool historical demigod-like wonder-person for future generations to remember with awe. What a berk.

So what that the Aschen were planning to wipe out virtually the entire human race and turn the Earth into a gigantic grain farm? The opportunities to promote his political power are far more important than a silly thing like the annihilation the global population, for Pete's sake!

His intended allies have a nefarious hidden agenda that SG1 have discovered in the nick of time. They've saved him from the supidest, blindest, absolutely bar none worst diplomatic error in recorded history.

Is he grateful for this? Are Goa'uld peace loving and enlightened?

As I said. What a berk.

And, if I may say so, long may he continue to be a berk.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good follow up to 2010, Jack was as funny as always although we dont expect anything less from him now, the dark address that got worse after a black hole, whats darker than a back hole?? Oh well Greaty Episode

Comment

Great episode and good twist at the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X