• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beast of Burden (507)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 507

SG-1 discovers a civilization that uses Unas as slave labor, and attempt to liberate Daniel's friend, Chaka.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:32 PM.

I wasn't a fan of the first Chaka episode, but really liked this one. Mostly because of the reasons they discussed in the DVD commentary, because Daniel and Jack were actually on the same side for once, and it wasn't a black-and-white situation. Good ending, I thought.
    Fitness Buddies

Comment

I'm a fan of the few episodes with more than one culture on a single alien world. The enslaved Unas plot was interesting..
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Chaka comes into his own and becomes a leader.

Comment

what does Chaka mean?

Comment

Two words.....

UNAS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
            sigpic

Comment

What does that mean... you don't like them... I do.

Comment

cool episode, I really enjoyed it
                liked the first one, also liked this one

*looks in distance* NAN *sees candy bar* *goes on to another tread with a candybar in it*

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  What does that mean... you don't like them... I do.
                  Correct! I don't like them.
                  I feel that the Unas are only being revisited because it gives Daniel something to get all emotional over. They don't move the series along and are, Imo, boring. surely after several thousand years of evolution, a sentient race would have taken some steps up the evolutionary ladder.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just thought the episode was really cheesy and preachy myself.

Slavery bad. Well... yes....

Comment

I thought it was great

Slavery bad. Well... yes....
                      Stopping slavery good. No wait, bad! Um...?

I loved the way SG-1 didn't leave the planet having righted all the wrongs. I loved how when the show *threatened* to get preachy Daniel fouled up and allowed the slavers to pretty much assume the moral high ground. The slaver-boy came in and castigated Daniel's ethics, and Daniel felt that he just had to take it - that was a nice twist on the perspective of SG-1 as the good guys.

Madeleine

Comment

I liked seeing Chaka again,and meeting other Unas also.I hope we'll see him again.Some people do not like Chaka but you can't always share the same oppinion,so please don't give me bad points because I'll like the episode Good points are always welcome I'm new so that's why
                        your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

I liked the episode Chaka appearing slavery bad and the fat guy I hate him.I was glad Chaka killed him
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

Something intrigued me in this episode: the fat bloke (I think it was him anyway) said that years of inbreeding made the Unas uncontrollable. Umm, we haven't seen any female Unas (or at least there have been none pointed out) so.....I'm just curious as to how Unas reproduce. I'm also curious to see what a baby Unas looks like!
                            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                              Something intrigued me in this episode: the fat bloke (I think it was him anyway) said that years of inbreeding made the Unas uncontrollable. Umm, we haven't seen any female Unas (or at least there have been none pointed out) so.....I'm just curious as to how Unas reproduce. I'm also curious to see what a baby Unas looks like!
                              yeah good question now come to think of it how would a baby unas look like?
                              Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                              X