• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascension (503)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 503

An alien being is smitten with Carter and follows her back to Earth, assuming human form and pursuing a relationship with her.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:35 PM.

Spoilers ahead ;

I watched this episode again today. I think it was great. We learned more about the Ancients and the weapon also
    __

__

Comment

I liked this one too......especially the bit with Teal'c and O'Neill at Carter's door lol. Teal'c liking Star Wars made me laugh so much!

And the one-use Stargate could be a useful invention in the future....provided they figure out how to build one.
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Yeah, that's great with the knock at the door. Espically when O'Neill said that he wasn't interested in Sci-Fi. That's a good thing about Stargate, they don't mind talking about and taking the mick of their own show!
        __

__

Comment

Totally. I really love this episode. In fact, it's one of my favourites of Season 5.

Was the one-use Stargate carted off to Area 51 for study then or something like that? Pretty valuable piece of tech.....
          "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

"the one use stargate" ? You mean the one that was built? Hmm they should do an episode showing all the things/objects/etc that is in Area 51 and such.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              "the one use stargate" ? You mean the one that was built? Hmm they should do an episode showing all the things/objects/etc that is in Area 51 and such.
              S3 "Point of View", they panned across all the tech in the storage facility, before focusing on the Quantum Mirror
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Oh yah, i mean like, actually take time and walk through the area, instead a of pan shot.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I love when that guy made his own stargate

Comment

The Ancients must be very advanced to be able to make elaborate things from everyday a items.

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                      I liked this one too......especially the bit with Teal'c and O'Neill at Carter's door lol. Teal'c liking Star Wars made me laugh so much!

And the one-use Stargate could be a useful invention in the future....provided they figure out how to build one.
                      You just need a stable supply of toasters!
                      sigpic

Comment

That huge emerald was cool too... you need a new microwave

Comment

I guess this might be more of a nitpick, but when Orlin listed the things he built the stargate with, he said 100kW industrial capacitors. The thing is, capacitors have no wattage rating associated with them, only a voltage rating.

Comment

Maybe that's what he meant!
                            __

__

Comment

Right, even uber-smart Ancients who can build their own stargate from primative technology are afforded some mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X