• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jolinar's Memories (312)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 312

When Major Carter's father Jacob is kidnapped by Sokar, the SG-1 team must infiltrate a prison moon designed to look like hell to rescue him.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:59 PM.

This is one of Stargate's finest.

The acting is brilliant, especially from Tapping, Bourne, and Anderson.

I love the flashback scenes for Sam, and the Young Sam one. Torture is always a plus. Lots of angst, lots of drama. And some laughs in there too.

Christine Kennedy looks so much like Amanda, where did they find her? Clone. Must be a clone. Hmm.

And Dion Johnstone as Nao'nak. Yummy. Shame you don't see his face. But then it couldn't be

SPOILER

Apophis.
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey
      Torture is always a plus. Lots of angst, lots of drama.
      I've never really liked torture scenes. I'm way too much of a wimp. I have bottled out of getting a tattoo so many times, because I hate the pain idea!

I agree that it was an excellent, well writen and acted ep., though.
      sigpic

Comment

This is a great episode. One of my favorites.

Comment

Weird Sam/Jolinar and Martouf relationship.

Comment

Were the red guards in this episode... they are cool.

Comment

Sokar's use of the planet as Hell was a cool concept.

Comment

I liked the fact that we learned a little more about Jolinar, but it was pretty bad what she (and the others) had to go through on Sokar's planet.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

It goes pretty far to explain Jolinar's charming personality during In the Line of Duty. Little Miss Sunshine she was not.

Comment

I must say, sokars jaffa (later apophis' are really cool)! THey werent that plain greyish armor that all teh others wear

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Comment

One of the very best episodes! I love the concept of Ne'tu being modeled after hell but I though Jolinar made it out too easily. I loved the idea of Sam exploring Jolinar's memories and I love it throughout the series when she gets visions. I can't help but love Jolinar, even in "In The Line of Duty". Martouf was sweet AT did some impressive acting (I get shivers when she begs Martouf to shut the memory recall device off ) I also love torture scenes (I'm not a sadists, I just get shivers ever time)
                      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

This was definitely a highlight episode of this season. I was especially impressed with how they made Sokar look. His eyes glowing a pale red and all that. I felt so sorry for Sam, who had to find out that her father was sent to, for all intents and purposes, hell. I wonder though, did Sokar choose a host who was albino and then take him over, or did he take a normal human and then manipulate the appearance to make it seem more Satan-esque.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Yeah i loved this ep. How they made Socar look like he did it sent shivers up my spine. also the story with sam and Martouf i think was done really well
                          Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

I could never figure out whether Sokar was human or not either. I just assumed that he is and that his sarcophogus screwed up in some way.
                            Rocky

Comment

Sokar is so freaking scary! He truly looks satanic. TPTB definitely cast that character very well.
                              Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Working...
                              X