• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning Curve (305)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305

SG-1 discovers a planet where children are used to acquire knowledge for the entire population, then discarded.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:02 PM.

Here's an episode that I feel gets forgotten. It's not my favorite, but I thought it was a really solid episode.

I really liked Merrin and I really liked Jack's reactions because of Merrin.

IMO it was a really good character piece for Jack.

Plus this is where all the naquidah reactors originated.

I'm a little disapointed that we've never revisited Orban to see how the people are doing, and how much more they have advanced. Espcially considering they are our allies.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Each time I see this ep I like it a little more. I like the ending, it's sort of bittersweet.

But the outfits the kids wear make me thing they're about to start a fencing competition.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I hadn't thought of that... but I can see it now that you mention it.
        ~BCM =)

Comment

I liked this episode, too. A good episode for Jack. Some of the best ones are when he interacts with kids (the one with Charlie, the Reetou kid is another). The only thing I didn't like was how he insisted that Merrin draw a flower. I mean, I know he was trying to show her how to have fun, and how not to be so concerned with getting it "right" but it still seemed that he was inforcing his ideas on her. But, other than that, I really enjoyed it.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I think what Jack was trying to do was make Merrim think for herself and use her imagination, instead of relying on her super intelligence and her common sense.
            I wish Jack wouldn't have got away with it. He needed a reprimand not a pat on the head.
            Honk if you love cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
              I think what Jack was trying to do was make Merrim think for herself and use her imagination, instead of relying on her super intelligence and her common sense.
              I wish Jack wouldn't have got away with it. He needed a reprimand not a pat on the head.

He got away way too easy.

Comment

Brittney Irvin is a wonderful actress. She's just incredible! (She is also a singer, and a very good one at that.) Hard to believe she's 18 now, isn't it?
                ------
                Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
                  He needed a reprimand not a pat on the head.
                  He had an official reprimand for that on his record in Shades of Grey IIRC.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

goood episode. can't believe most of the stuff the air force advisors let sg-1, hammond and jack in particular away with. but hey, its just a tv show. i keep trying to remind myself of that.

great character interaction in this one. some great lines. plus we get the naquadah reactor. yay. and we see that sam isn't completely super sam, when she has some minor trouble understanding the exact workings of the reactor at first. i never got that whole super sam thing myself though.

still though. i liked this one a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                      The only thing I didn't like was how he insisted that Merrin draw a flower. I mean, I know he was trying to show her how to have fun, and how not to be so concerned with getting it "right" but it still seemed that he was inforcing his ideas on her.
                      I never looked at it this way before, but you are absolutely right.
                      In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

I think Jack was good in this episode by helping her learn at her own pace without guidance!
                        __

__

Comment

I remember crayons.

Comment

I just saw this episode tonight for the very first time (during the Stargate Monday maratheon) and I thought it was a very good episode!!

Out of the episodes I've seen so far (which really isn't many), Learning Curve is definitly one of my current favorites.

I like the concept of the episode. Its really smart and it makes you think. The idea doesn't talk down to the audience.

And in the episode you can see both the SG-1's pov and the pov of the people on the planet.

Best of all though, imo, was that ENDING! Wow.

It was a very happy ending, but also a little sad too.

Really the prefect ending for the episode!

I hope that I will get to see the episode again sooner or later!

DF2506

Comment

The ending was good. I've never seen O'Neill so firthcoming with others. Shame Charlie isn't around..
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X